Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This series is one for the ages! I had three heart attacks last night, great floccin hockey all around!

Almost??? They did win it in overtime. At least according to my NHL App anyway

Yeah, given that I posted that well before last night, I was talking about the previous game. You know, with the insane 3rd period where the Ducks came back to take the lead from a 2 goal deficit only to lose in OT.

Thanks.

Wow! Unbelievable game last night. Keith is a maniac!

He really is. Amazing that he is withstanding the physical beating of the ducks. I've been a hockey fan for a long time, and don't understand how the Duck's 2nd goal was allowed. Goaltender interference should have clearly been called. That being said, the Ducks will continue making questionable hits if the refs aren't calling and the Hawks aren't scoring on the PP. They have nothing to lose.

Game 7 is gonna be epic!

LGH!!!

Wow, a Hawks fan complaining about questionable hits.

WTF is that supposed to mean? That second Ducks goal was CLEARLY goalie interference and should never have been allowed. You've caught a nice break with Wes McCauley calling this series since he's had it out for the Hawks ever since he left the Red Wings organization. Wait. I should back up. You're a Ducks fan so let me explain some hockey things to you:

Wes McCauley (the officiating crew chief for this series) played much of his career in Detroit. As such, he REALLY hates the Hawks. He has made a large number of questionable calls against the Hawks in the past few years (mostly in the playoffs) and is a more or less reprehensible human being.

Yes, the Ducks and the Blackhawks are incredibly evenly matched. Yes, this series is absolutely one for the ages. No, the Ducks really don't need any assistance from crooked referees. Wes McCauley has taken an otherwise legendary series and perverted it because of his own petty hatred.

I've really enjoyed watching the play from both sides this series. It has been epic. But sadly the officiating has been shamefully abysmal

WTF is that supposed to mean? That second Ducks goal was CLEARLY goalie interference and should never have been allowed. You've caught a nice break with Wes McCauley calling this series since he's had it out for the Hawks ever since he left the Red Wings organization. Wait. I should back up. You're a Ducks fan so let me explain some hockey things to you:

Wes McCauley (the officiating crew chief for this series) played much of his career in Detroit. As such, he REALLY hates the Hawks. He has made a large number of questionable calls against the Hawks in the past few years (mostly in the playoffs) and is a more or less reprehensible human being.

Yes, the Ducks and the Blackhawks are incredibly evenly matched. Yes, this series is absolutely one for the ages. No, the Ducks really don't need any assistance from crooked referees. Wes McCauley has taken an otherwise legendary series and perverted it because of his own petty hatred.

I've really enjoyed watching the play from both sides this series. It has been epic. But sadly the officiating has been shamefully abysmal

Well put.

LGH!!

You may want to look at Wes McCauley's ACTUAL NHL career before you make that claim.

McCauley was DRAFTED by the Wings very late in the draft and never played a single NHL game by ANY team.

He did play hockey at MSU for a few years. So yeah, it's POSSIBLE he hates the Hawks for beating the Wings twice in the playoffs while he was at MSU. But he's from Toronto, so I don't see much hometown pride being injured from it.

Good point, but the feeling in Chicago is that he has a definite Red Wing bias because of it. If you followed his track record refereeing Hawks games you might think so too. He has screwed us in the playoffs for the last 4 years and is openly despised by fans in Chicago. People don't usually know the names of referees unless they do something to earn it, and he has earned our hatred.

Man I'm excited for Game 7, this wait is killing me! The worst part is I have to teach an Intro to Brewing class tonight so I'm barely going to get to watch it. Grrrrr

GO HAWKS!!! :ban: :ban:

Ok, so the 'Hawks are kicking ass - but that fourth goal was clearly directed in by skate and was a bad goal.

"No distinct kicking motion?" Replays strongly suggest otherwise.

I mean, he didn't tee it up and take a full swing at it, but he certainly turned his skate and kicked it towards the net. He might have been trying to get it up to his stick blade, true, but that's still a kick.

This game is going pear-shaped for the Ducks, but there's no need for the refs (and the frickin' replay jury in NY) to look the other way on a bad goal...

Cheers!

Not sure where the Ducks were tonight but it wasn't playing hockey. My Ducks supporting friend is already blaming me for what the Caps allegedly did to Brucey. I'll admit, a game 7 choke does look awfully familiar ;)

This was a great series. Very exciting. Lots of great chances and better saves from the Goaltenders. I sincerely commend the Ducks for their effort and a great season. They have a lot of talent, and will likely be in a similar position next year. They have some awesome defense and an fast transition game. There's nothing to be ashamed of.

That said, Hawks going to the finals again! LETS GO HAWKS!

That series was one for the ages. Awesome hockey all around. Now I'm looking forward to more of the same with Tampa. Let's go Hawks!!

Oh, and F the Lightning for not selling tickets to Red Wings fans during that series.

They're doing the same thing to Hawks fans and also not permitting them to wear Hawks gear in the 200 level and below. How's that for insecurity? Pretty pathetic if you ask me

Oh, and F the Lightning for not selling tickets to Red Wings fans during that series.

They're doing the same thing to Hawks fans and also not permitting them to wear Hawks gear in the 200 level and below. How's that for insecurity? Pretty pathetic if you ask me

That's a sad story.

giphy.gif

It is a sad story. Real sad.

Still not appropriate to use Donna's Dad GIF, though. That was a very tender moment in Who History and you're sullying it. :mad:

There's a very good chance the Chicago media will have bigger things to whine about tomorrow morning.

My son and I will be at the game tonight to watch it go down.

I heard that the United Center is putting in swamp boat and RV parking for the Tampa fans. See how welcoming we are? You guys could stand to learn a thing or two from us.

Back