Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of course, this means that we're going to blow the next three games. I figure 5 and 6 are both one goal games, and then game 7, Rags slaughter us 8-0. Because that's the traditional end to the Caps season.

Or maybe we'll beat the Rags (which I'd now say is a lot more possible than I would have at the start of the series), and then Tampa will make an ass out of us like they are the Habs ;) Yeah, my confidence in my team isn't high. I always back the mediocre teams. Never at the bottom, but always let the glory slip through the fingers...

Ok, we get it. You've said the same thing like 12 times now. At this point it's not contributing much to the conversation

I know.. And it is all I have at this point... Hate to say it, but the Hawks are just proving that they are the better team. I'm hoping we can take this home game tonight, but even if we do, not much will come for it.

I've been pretty happy with how the wild have been playing this post season (for the most part) but they are playing a real good team right now. I'm really happy with most of the players we have this year too. We have a pretty solid offense with some real hard workers. And our goalie situation is the best it's ever been. We just need a person like a toews or Kane that works hard and is super aggressive and isn't afraid to shoot. That's the thing that bothers me about the wild, it's like they are scared to shoot too much. Rather dump it in the corner and go at the goal from behind. I mean it works, but it's hard during this super aggressive post season match up with the Hawks.

Should be a good game tonight.

Wow. The Wild weren't going down without a fight. I thought they almost might salvage it for a minute there. And bet my life if they did, and somehow came back to take the series, that Toews would be having nightmares about that goalpost.

Ugh, well that was painful. At least it was over quickly.
Some MN brews will heading your way soon.

Thanks man. I think the Wild's time is coming soon, they don't have the cap issues we do and they are getting pretty competitive in the toughest division in the league. See you next year!

As much as I hate the Hawks, I'm kinda glad they swept MN. This makes the Blues early exit more painful, thereby putting more pressure on Arny to break up the boy band.

As much as I hate the Hawks, I'm kinda glad they swept MN. This makes the Blues early exit more painful, thereby putting more pressure on Arny to break up the boy band.

I support anything that gives the Blues pain. Just another year where they get to watch the Hawks advance past them in the playoffs eh?

Was at the gym, only listening, didn't see it, but sounds like an iffy call if nothing else. But I'll take the late lead anyway. Time to make some history. Let's Go Caps!

Was at the gym, only listening, didn't see it, but sounds like an iffy call if nothing else. But I'll take the late lead anyway. Time to make some history. Let's Go Caps!

You listen to hockey at the gym? Props dude.

But if your team is on you should really watch it. I'd listen to this Flames/Ducks game if I had a gym membership, but I'd never go flex if the Hawks were on :tank:

I'm enjoying sitting back and watching all of the other teams that are still alive beat the cr@p out of each other. In a perfect world, every remaining series would go 7 games, but I'd settle for Calgary making a comeback. Go Flames!

I'm enjoying sitting back and watching all of the other teams that are still alive beat the cr@p out of each other. In a perfect world, every remaining series would go 7 games, but I'd settle for Calgary making a comeback. Go Flames!

Calgary in 7 would be best case scenario.

You listen to hockey at the gym? Props dude.

But if your team is on you should really watch it. I'd listen to this Flames/Ducks game if I had a gym membership, but I'd never go flex if the Hawks were on :tank:

Well, this time I blew off the gym to watch the Caps leave the Rags in the bin where they belong. Plus cask ESB so there's that.

:mug:

Let's Go Caps!

Back