Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Effing wings couldn't close it out tonight and while we stole two already in Tampa I have doubts a third is in order. We're gonna look back at that game 4 loss as when we lost the series.

Effing wings couldn't close it out tonight and while we stole two already in Tampa I have doubts a third is in order. We're gonna look back at that game 4 loss as when we lost the series.

I've got no love for the Wings but I'd like to see them beat TBL. Florida has no business having a hockey team, let alone 2! That being said, I was happy Tampa pulled it off last night because it means the Hawks get another couple of days of much-needed rest and recovery time. :rockin:

Anything can happen in this game 7. Each team stole a game, each team had total control over games, and there is no predicting who will win (Unless you realize that they've alternated winning each game, so it's Detroits turn next time!!)

Anything can happen in this game 7. Each team stole a game, each team had total control over games, and there is no predicting who will win (Unless you realize that they've alternated winning each game, so it's Detroits turn next time!!)

I had the Wings winning it in my bracket but then I caved to pressure and switched to the Lightning. I think I'm going to regret that decision after game 7. I'd much rather see an Original 6 team (even if it is the Red Wings) advance than any Florida team. I almost said something about the finals but I don't want to jinx anything

I had the Wings winning it in my bracket but then I caved to pressure and switched to the Lightning. I think I'm going to regret that decision after game 7. I'd much rather see an Original 6 team (even if it is the Red Wings) advance than any Florida team. I almost said something about the finals but I don't want to jinx anything

Either way they're going to lose to the Habs, so I guess the only thing that matters is the bracket ;)

Looks like Game 1 against NYR is Thursday evening. I'm remaining pessimistic and hoping I'm proved wrong, and that breaking the game 7 odds gives a little momentum, but we have a very grand history of sh***ing the bed when it comes to NYR and the playoffs.

Let's Go Caps!

Either way they're going to lose to the Habs, so I guess the only thing that matters is the bracket ;)

Looks like Game 1 against NYR is Thursday evening. I'm remaining pessimistic and hoping I'm proved wrong, and that breaking the game 7 odds gives a little momentum, but we have a very grand history of sh***ing the bed when it comes to NYR and the playoffs.

Let's Go Caps!

The Rangers are going to eat you for dinner. That's ok with me, I'm getting pretty sick of hearing all about Alex Ovechkin on NBC. The follow cam during the handshake line last night was priceless. I could just imagine the producer screaming into his headset:

"Stay with Alex, stay with Alex! Don't you dare move away from him! Camera 1, can you get a little tighter on Alex? Camera 2, let's get a nice cutaway to his hands. Ok? Good. Cut to Camera 3 with the reverse shot of Alex, stay with him, stay with him, ok folks that's a wrap."

Cuz now that Crosby's out, who else do the East Coast centric networks have to focus on? It's not like Patrick Kane or Jonathan Toews are any good at hockey or anything. They can't even get an honorable mention. Grr

The Rangers are going to eat you for dinner. That's ok with me, I'm getting pretty sick of hearing all about Alex Ovechkin on NBC. The follow cam during the handshake line last night was priceless. I could just imagine the producer screaming into his headset:

"Stay with Alex, stay with Alex! Don't you dare move away from him! Camera 1, can you get a little tighter on Alex? Camera 2, let's get a nice cutaway to his hands. Ok? Good. Cut to Camera 3 with the reverse shot of Alex, stay with him, stay with him, ok folks that's a wrap."

Cuz now that Crosby's out, who else do the East Coast centric networks have to focus on? It's not like Patrick Kane or Jonathan Toews are any good at hockey or anything. They can't even get an honorable mention. Grr

If anything, they need to be focusing on Kuzy. He did a lot more in that series than Ovi did.

If anything, they need to be focusing on Kuzy. He did a lot more in that series than Ovi did.

Yeah but Ovechkin is the whole NHL brand, if he ever went to the KHL Bettman would be stuck with his d!ck in his hands and Doc Emrick would lose his mind. Good luck to the Caps though, I honestly hope they can beat up on the Rangers. If Detroit wins there will be 4 Original 6 teams in this round, that's pretty cool. But there's only one Original 6 team that I care about so give em hell :mug:

Yeah but Ovechkin is the whole NHL brand, if he ever went to the KHL Bettman would be stuck with his d!ck in his hands and Doc Emrick would lose his mind. Good luck to the Caps though, I honestly hope they can beat up on the Rangers. If Detroit wins there will be 4 Original 6 teams in this round, that's pretty cool. But there's only one Original 6 team that I care about so give em hell :mug:

Yeah buddy
Go Hawks! View attachment 1430266277522.jpg

Let's go ManBearPig...Let's go ManBearPig...

MinnyManBearPig.png

I hope you like to play golf @solbes cuz your guys are gonna be dusting off their clubs in a week!

Me like to play golf? Almost hate it, though I'll be golfing in 72 hours.

ManBearPig eats Blackhawk any day of the week. Just not in 2013 or 2014.

Who are the ManBearPigs? Surely you can't be referring to the Minnesota Mild, perhaps their AHL affiliate?

Ugh wings so outplaying tb tonight and just not getting the bounces. I look back at game 4 when this series should've been over as the turning point. Hmm now to pick my next team to follow. Let's go Hawks!!!!!

Ugh wings so outplaying tb tonight and just not getting the bounces. I look back at game 4 when this series should've been over as the turning point. Hmm now to pick my next team to follow. Let's go Hawks!!!!!

Funny, I thought the teams were overall evenly matched this game. Wings got more SOG, but in streaks.

Oh well, it was an interesting series and the Wings weren't picked to go that far and were on the verge of taking the series. Could have gone either way.

Too bad Kronwall wasn't allowed to play for making the same hit he's made for YEARS. Would have been nice to have him out there.

Young guys performed pretty well. Zetterberg and Datsyuk were decent in skating overall, but not the forces they used to be.

I'll be interested to see what happens with Babcock this summer. He could fetch a pretty high salary with all of the other teams looking to upgrade the coach position. With Blashill in Grand Rapids, the Wings have a good bakcup in case the bidding war gets too hot. Blashill has done well with Western Michigan and Grand Rapids, especially when you consider how many players the Wing shave called up from GR the past couple of seasons.

I think Kronwall got screwed, and they did it to get the Wings eliminated. Hell, I really don't like the wings but that was pretty unfair

What? Nobody? I'm disappointed folks, I thought this was supposed to be a forum (with some drinking) about homebrewing (and hockey)

Latest posts

Back