Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glorious victory! Awesome game too, this series is gonna be LEGEN....wait for it.....DARY! Legendary!

Regardless of your team, yesterday's game was super exciting. It's much more entertaining to watch when both teams go back and forth like that.

Hopefully the Hawks can start solving some of the Bolts defensive strategy and the good Crow shows up. Mediocre Crow won't cut it like last night showed. The Lightning is too good of a team to allow those soft goals.

I'm hoping we can solve some of those issues tonight with the last change. Frankly, I don't care who they put in goal as long as we start sending the puck his way a lot more

Hey glad that everything went well! That sounds like the style of APA/IPA we make a lot of. I love Columbus, and you can't go wrong with Sierra Nevada yeast.

Congrats on going AG! Brewing is so fun :D

Agreed. A little less cute play, more aggressive to the net shots, and sustain pressure in their zone. Crawford has to show up.

Hey glad that everything went well! That sounds like the style of APA/IPA we make a lot of. I love Columbus, and you can't go wrong with Sierra Nevada yeast.

Congrats on going AG! Brewing is so fun :D

Agreed. A little less cute play, more aggressive to the net shots, and sustain pressure in their zone. Crawford has to show up.

Gotta say the US Women's World Cup game is more interesting right now (US leads 3-1 with about 10 minutes of regular time remaining).

Looking at P. Kane vs TB so far: goose egg.

Also noticed he's not exactly into contact.
Like, at all.

Coincidence?

Cheers!

[edit] Chicago's 2nd goal was a thing of beauty, but TB's third was sweeter.
Don't know how this is going to end but it was nice things picked up...

I'm blocking out the pain by thinking about my impending trip to NHC. Happy thoughts, happy thoughts, go away evil NHL analysts and your predictions

That was an entertaining game, and kudos to the Blackhawks.

Second and third periods were great to watch, two of the best in the series, both teams going all out. Good stuff.

Cheers! (See y'all next season!)

latest

The shear amount of hawks fans I see around me now blow me away. A lot of bandwaggoners... I have nothing against the hawks. They were the best team. Myself, Ive been a wings fan my whole life. I love that hockey is getting more attention now locally, it just kills me to see these newly-founded fans around here feel they have the right to boast and take smack when they can even define icing.

Rant over

The shear amount of hawks fans I see around me now blow me away. A lot of bandwaggoners... I have nothing against the hawks. They were the best team. Myself, Ive been a wings fan my whole life. I love that hockey is getting more attention now locally, it just kills me to see these newly-founded fans around here feel they have the right to boast and take smack when they can even define icing.

Rant over

Bandwagon fans come with the territory of winning. Any team that wins like crazy will begin to develop a renewed fan base. Its when they sell off the rest of the team and they sink into oblivion when you find out who the hardcore fans are. I guess everyone has to start somewhere in fandom.

The Hawks were so abysmally bad for so long, and the previous owners didn't understand how important a fanbase was, that many people in Chicago had their first exposure to them when Wirtz took over.

Great game, great series, can't wait til next year. I'm hoping Bowman can pull his usual magic and keep most of the team together, but I'm afraid a lot of my favorite players are going to wind up in hockey wastelands like Florida (the Panthers, not the Lightning). Looking forward to a rematch next year!

Bandwagon fans come with the territory of winning. Any team that wins like crazy will begin to develop a renewed fan base. Its when they sell off the rest of the team and they sink into oblivion when you find out who the hardcore fans are. I guess everyone has to start somewhere in fandom.

The Hawks were so abysmally bad for so long, and the previous owners didn't understand how important a fanbase was, that many people in Chicago had their first exposure to them when Wirtz took over.

Sabres fan = Hardcore fan.

I'd put Caps fans in that boat too, since the bandwagon usually flips before too many people can get on it :D

Oh come on. Toronto fans are the best. Look at how the team treats their fans every second half of the season and it's a wonder they have ANY fans at the end of the year!

Maple Leaf Fans are like the Cleveland Browns fans of Hockey.

Oh come on. Toronto fans are the best. Look at how the team treats their fans every second half of the season and it's a wonder they have ANY fans at the end of the year!

Maple Leaf Fans are like the Cleveland Browns fans of Hockey.

I'd put Leafs fans in the same boat as Caps fans. Just well enough to be noticed, and then royally blow it. So yes, you're right.

Interesting hossa came to the wings to win a cup and they fell just short then signs with the Hawks and I know people here in Detroit were pissed but then he goes on to win 3 rings. Hmm think he made the right decision. I was so happy to see timmonen go out with a ring how sweet is that. 16 yrs in the league decides to retire and gets his cup. Reminds me when bourque finally got his with the avs, not comparing players just the situation.

Great game, great series, can't wait til next year. I'm hoping Bowman can pull his usual magic and keep most of the team together, but I'm afraid a lot of my favorite players are going to wind up in hockey wastelands like Florida (the Panthers, not the Lightning). Looking forward to a rematch next year!

Oddly, Tampa is a baseball wasteland, but the hockey is very big here. No idea why.

Back