Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really? Then why do most of the top players play for EC teams?

Forwards:
1 Martin St Louis TBL
2 Steven Stamkos TBL
3 Alex Ovechkin WSH
4 Sidney Crosby PIT

5 Patrick Kane CHI
6 Eric Staal CAR
7 Chris Kunitz PIT
8 Phil Kessel TOR

9 Taylor Hall EDM
10 Pavel Datsyuk DET

Defense:
1 P.K. Subban MTL
2 Kris Letang PIT

3 Ryan Suter MIN
4 Andrei Markov MTL
5 Keith Yandle PHX
6 Niklas Kronwall DET
7 Kimmo Timonen PHI
8 Cody Franson TOR

9 Shea Weber NSH
10 Dion Phaneuf TOR

Goalies:
1 Henrik Lundqvist NYR
2 Antti Niemi SJS
3 Niklas Backstrom MIN
4 Marc-Andre Fleury PIT
5 Evgeni Nabokov NYI
6 Braden Holtby WSH

7 Sergei Bobrovsky CBJ
8 Jimmy Howard DET
9 Carey Price MTL
10 Ondrej Pavelec WPG

There's no arguing this irrefutable scientific evidence that the Western Conference sucks Crosby's hairless nutsack.

This list might only show that the EC players have a greater amount of disparity between them, due to the fact that they play each other the few good players can beat up on the weaker players, while in the West, the vast number of awesome players tend to cancel each other out, ie more competition.

There's no arguing this irrefutable scientific evidence that the Western Conference sucks Crosby's hairless nutsack.

This list has Cody Franson, Kimmo Timonen, Ondrej Pavelec, and MA Fluery listed amongst the NHLs best at their respective positions. It is irrefutable scientific evidence that the creator of said list is smoking something fantastic and I want some.

This list has Cody Franson, Kimmo Timonen, Ondrej Pavelec, and MA Fluery listed amongst the NHLs best at their respective positions. It is irrefutable scientific evidence that the creator of said list is smoking something fantastic and I want some.

Hey it's straight from NHL.com, and if we follow the corporate ladder I believe we see Gary Bettman at the top. And ain't nobody gonna argue hockey knowledge with Gary! Besides, you're not supposed to look at the names, just the cities!

LJJ03_NHL.JPG

^troof!

Fleury? That guy's a fvcking sissy and a grampa. And I think he knows it. :D

Besides, you're not supposed to look at the names, just the cities!

At least that's what they tell me every year when they trot out the most desirable SCF matchups for TV ratings.

No southern teams, no California teams, no small market teams (except Buffalo), and good god....absolutely no Canadian teams.

Honestly you guys, we shouldn't really care who's playing the best hockey, we should always just hope for a Rangers/Blackhawks final. Even though the Rangers can't even figure out the working end of a hockey stick.

That's my rant. 24 sports news makes everything less fun.

Really? Then why do most of the top players play for EC teams?

Forwards:
1 Martin St Louis TBL
2 Steven Stamkos TBL
3 Alex Ovechkin WSH
4 Sidney Crosby PIT

5 Patrick Kane CHI
6 Eric Staal CAR
7 Chris Kunitz PIT
8 Phil Kessel TOR

9 Taylor Hall EDM
10 Pavel Datsyuk DET

Defense:
1 P.K. Subban MTL
2 Kris Letang PIT

3 Ryan Suter MIN
4 Andrei Markov MTL
5 Keith Yandle PHX
6 Niklas Kronwall DET
7 Kimmo Timonen PHI
8 Cody Franson TOR

9 Shea Weber NSH
10 Dion Phaneuf TOR

Goalies:
1 Henrik Lundqvist NYR
2 Antti Niemi SJS
3 Niklas Backstrom MIN
4 Marc-Andre Fleury PIT
5 Evgeni Nabokov NYI
6 Braden Holtby WSH

7 Sergei Bobrovsky CBJ
8 Jimmy Howard DET
9 Carey Price MTL
10 Ondrej Pavelec WPG

Clearly, the Eastern Conference teams have amazingly crappy defense systems.

This list might only show that the EC players have a greater amount of disparity between them, due to the fact that they play each other the few good players can beat up on the weaker players, while in the West, the vast number of awesome players tend to cancel each other out, ie more competition.

Right. That's why the east was so tight and the west was largely blowouts. Uh huh, makes perfect sense.

It goes to show you that TEAMs win championships and players win awards. Im glad to see St. Louis and Stankos at the top of the list but I'm sure if they put emphasis on being a 2 way player and less about scoring they might be still playing. If the NHL had their offices on the WC I'd be curious if this list would change.

Meh...who gives a **** about that list. I love teams in both conferences. Arguing over which one's better is retarded.

ICWiener said:
Meh...who gives a **** about that list. I love teams in both conferences. Arguing over which one's better is retarded.

Isn't arguing about anything on here retarded? Except that Crosby's the best. Ever. Hands down. We all agree on that, so what's worth arguing about?!

Right. That's why the east was so tight and the west was largely blowouts. Uh huh, makes perfect sense.

Exactly. That's why Boston and Pissburgh have been waiting since last week for those blowout series in the West to finish up. You Canadians crack me up man, go back to watching the Memorial Cup, eh. :D

Back in reality, the Kings look like the team to beat. Chicago or Detroit (who sucks and should just die already) are gonna have their hands full.

Oh, and I have a gay joke for everyone..... Sidney Crosby! Get it?! Bwahahahaha! :mug:

I picked boston before the first round was over, they beat chicago in 7

Not that I wouldn't be thrilled to see the Hawks in the Finals, especially against Boston, but I think LA will be tough to overcome. They're really big and physical and the Blackhawks struggle against teams like that. If they do pull off, I think home ice wins game seven.

*notice Canadians, if the Blackhawks go to the Finals against either team out east, home ice belongs to a team from ~gasp~ the Western Conference this year. Must be cuz the East is so much better. ;) Go Halifax, eh! :D

Man....what a drag. I had a feeling the Kings were gonna win it last night, only because the home team had won the prior 10 games. But still....I was hoping the Sharks could pull it out. They fought hard...hell of a game.

The problem isn't the Kings. They're a great team, they deserved to win. The problem is their fans. LA sports fans are the worst. My brother is one of them. He's going to call me, about a week from now, to ask me who won the series. Then he's going to rub it in because "his Kings" beat my Sharks. Infuriating.

Not that I wouldn't be thrilled to see the Hawks in the Finals, especially against Boston, but I think LA will be tough to overcome. They're really big and physical and the Blackhawks struggle against teams like that. If they do pull off, I think home ice wins game seven.

*notice Canadians, if the Balckhawks go to the Finals against either team out east, home ice belongs to a team from ~gasp~ the Western Conference this year. Must be cuz the East is so much better. ;) Go Halifax, eh! :D

The fact that the Blackhawks have the presidents trophy says little about which conference is better. Its certainly a much more complicated conversation that that.

Oh, and no way Boston wins.

Pens in 5. Boston wins game 3 and that's it.

Don't worry the pens will do that to boston and the western victor as well.

It'll be interesting to see, won't it?

I have no rooting interest in any of the teams left. So good luck to your boys. They are going to have their hands full with Boston.

Man....what a drag. I had a feeling the Kings were gonna win it last night, only because the home team had won the prior 10 games. But still....I was hoping the Sharks could pull it out. They fought hard...hell of a game.

The problem isn't the Kings. They're a great team, they deserved to win. The problem is their fans. LA sports fans are the worst. My brother is one of them. He's going to call me, about a week from now, to ask me who won the series. Then he's going to rub it in because "his Kings" beat my Sharks. Infuriating.

How did you end up rooting for rivals? Just brothers trying to stick it to eachother?

Also, I agree LA fans of all sports are terrible. I cannot stand any LA team, hate them. Clippers are the only ones that don't bother me. Other than that nothing but long standing burning hate for all LA teams.

How did you end up rooting for rivals? Just brothers trying to stick it to eachother?

We grew up down in the southern central valley. Everyone down there roots for LA teams. I moved to Norcal in '96, which is when I started watching hockey. Had I stayed there, I'd probably be a Kings or Ducks fan now. But then I would be stupid.

My brother doesn't even watch hockey (like most Kings fans. Zing.). He just roots for the Kings to piss me off. The only player he can name is Dustin Brown. I tell him that doesn't count because Dustin Brown is an inbred hayseed.

*notice Canadians, if the Blackhawks go to the Finals against either team out east, home ice belongs to a team from ~gasp~ the Western Conference this year. Must be cuz the East is so much better. ;) Go Halifax, eh! :D

I agree they'll have a difficult time with the Kings. In fact, I predicted way back that the Kings would beat the Hawks in the conference finals.

Your second paragraph only serves to prove my point. There was 0 inter-conference play this year. All it shows is a greater disparity among WC teams.

The fact that the Blackhawks have the presidents trophy says little about which conference is better. Its certainly a much more complicated conversation that that.

Oh, and no way Boston wins.

Pens in 5. Boston wins game 3 and that's it.

All arguments are invalid..by your logic, The caps won their division..that says a little about divisions...they still sucked and had a horrible record, just happen to be the best in one of the worst divisions...like being the smartest kid with downs...

Back