Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To address your "he gets hit in the mouth and crys" comment I wanna see you take a 90mph slapshot to the face and get up and skate off the ice and NOT cry just like he did... To me you sound like a bandwagon hockey fan who doesn't truely understand the sport at all.

90% if not 100% of your arguements are just plain false so go back to putting your ignorant "I hate Crosby" glasses back on and just enjoy as he tears your team up.

i wasn't referring to the slapshot he took to the face... i was talking about any time he's taken a fist to the face...ohhh wait, he instigates fights and then turtles or runs away...

I'm certainly not a bandwagon hockey fan, i began playing about the time when i was able to walk. the majority of my comments in this thread have been somewhat objective, clearly with a bias towards boston, but open minded none the less. my opinion of crosby and the penguins is dark because i don't like all of the unnecessarily attention he gets. most of your shots back at this have been that he "almost" lead in this, or "almost" lead in that. He isn't leading, so the argument is invalid. I've already owned up to that he's a great player, i just don't think he is nearly as good as everyone with a microphone makes him out to be.

We'll see where it stands in the next round, they still have the senators to put away, and judging by their series with the islanders, i wouldn't be so confident to have anything locked down just yet.

ArcticBear said:
i wasn't referring to the slapshot he took to the face... i was talking about any time he's taken a fist to the face...ohhh wait, he instigates fights and then turtles or runs away...

I'm certainly not a bandwagon hockey fan, i began playing about the time when i was able to walk. the majority of my comments in this thread have been somewhat objective, clearly with a bias towards boston, but open minded none the less. my opinion of crosby and the penguins is dark because i don't like all of the unnecessarily attention he gets. most of your shots back at this have been that he "almost" lead in this, or "almost" lead in that. He isn't leading, so the argument is invalid. I've already owned up to that he's a great player, i just don't think he is nearly as good as everyone with a microphone makes him out to be.

We'll see where it stands in the next round, they still have the senators to put away, and judging by their series with the islanders, i wouldn't be so confident to have anything locked down just yet.

[Says the Boston fan.] **Rescinded** (Cuz it was lazy. I was eating dinner. Gimme a break)

if that had any validity i would be insulted, but you clearly haven't a clue as to what you're talking about.

i'm not going to continue this crosby is the next coming of christ vs he's just a good player with you. there's no sense in cluttering up this thread any more than already has been done.

if that had any validity i would be insulted, but you clearly haven't a clue as to what you're talking about.

i'm not going to continue this crosby is the next coming of christ vs he's just a good player with you. there's no sense in cluttering up this thread any more than already has been done.

Dunno who would say he is the next coming of Christ, other than idiots on tv that are using him to further the sport. Who wouldn't get sick of someone being shoved down your throat like that. But fact is, he is the best current hockey player in the world... second best isn't even close, PERIOD. If he was a bruin I would still be saying the same thing. Will it stay that way, hell no... is he half the player of Gretsky or Mario? I can't really tell since the game has changed so much.. I do know he will NEVER have Gretsky's numbers. But to sit back and call him a crybaby because is he trying to work the system is just laughable.

Ok. You know what? I will rescind that remark too. It was lazy.

But here's what I do know. You obviously haven't read any of my posts except the one that really pissed you off! So let me reiterate myself: I could care less what you or anyone else think about Crosby. You wanna call him Cindy or crybaby or whatever, I don't care. I don't have time to sit here and argue about something as pointless as that! I have seen you take a lot of time (maybe too much) to articulate your hate and envy toward the team I support and IMHO it is only as objective as a Boston (or anyone that hates the Pens/Crosby) can be. Like I said before, we're all biased here and I get that. So, hate on and enjoy beating the pants off the Rangers. I'm going to go enjoy this hockey game. I'm not out here trying to insult anyone, so if that's how you took it, that's your issue.

Page 873 needs this image added in somewhere.

good-good-let-the-butthurt-flow-through-you-11.jpeg

Ok. You know what? I will rescind that remark too. It was lazy.

But here's what I do know. You obviously haven't read any of my posts except the one that really pissed you off! So let me reiterate myself: I could care less what you or anyone else think about Crosby. You wanna call him Cindy or crybaby or whatever, I don't care. I don't have time to sit here and argue about something as pointless as that! I have seen you take a lot of time (maybe too much) to articulate your hate and envy toward the team I support and IMHO it is only as objective as a Boston (or anyone that hates the Pens/Crosby) can be. Like I said before, we're all biased here and I get that. So, hate on and enjoy beating the pants off the Rangers. I'm going to go enjoy this hockey game. I'm not out here trying to insult anyone, so if that's how you took it, that's your issue.

tumblr_lldb45FDQP1qgdroio1_400.jpg

You clearly care because you took it as a personal attack. I wasnt coming at you dude, relax with it. I havent been heated, ive just had a little free time with work today.

I hope the bruins do play the pens, i think it would be a good series...nothing better than playoff hockey

This game started out rough for the Pens, but they got over that right away! I like how DB changed up the PP by putting Martin and Nisky on D. I never liked Malkin on D on the PP. He was constantly getting burnt. One more to go!

I hope the bruins do play the pens, i think it would be a good series...nothing better than playoff hockey

Looks like you may get your wish after all! Btw, no ill will. Let's just all watch hockey and drink beer! :mug:

I like how DB changed up the PP by putting Martin and Nisky on D. I never liked Malkin on D on the PP. He was constantly getting burnt. One more to go!
It was about time. Why he had Malkin on that last PP in game three was beyond me. While I like Malkin (my son has a Malkin shirt), I get nervous anytime he's on the ice in a close situation...too many fancy plays and passes that quite often result in turnovers.

While I'm a b's fan through and through, the game dominating on my tv tonight will be the hawks v. wings. I've been saying all year that when the wings get their young guys firing on all cylinders that they will be a force. Look what Gustav is doing over there and tell me he's not the second coming of datsyuk.

While I think the b's have momentum going in to tonight tradition says they will let this one slide, they will likely skate in with a win already on their mind. I think seguin is great but the chip on his shoulder leads him to skate like a chump when he thinks the win is guaranteed. The team doesn't rely on him but he seems to either elevate them or pull them down with him.

That said let's put another 5 past pretty boy lundqvist. My swmbo is a rangers fan, these series are fun.

While I'm a b's fan through and through, the game dominating on my tv tonight will be the hawks v. wings. I've been saying all year that when the wings get their young guys firing on all cylinders that they will be a force. Look what Gustav is doing over there and tell me he's not the second coming of datsyuk.

While I think the b's have momentum going in to tonight tradition says they will let this one slide, they will likely skate in with a win already on their mind. I think seguin is great but the chip on his shoulder leads him to skate like a chump when he thinks the win is guaranteed. The team doesn't rely on him but he seems to either elevate them or pull them down with him.

That said let's put another 5 past pretty boy lundqvist. My swmbo is a rangers fan, these series are fun.

Sorry Channel, but you are not a B's fan through and through if you are watching mostly the Hawks game. No matter how the Bruins are doing...

Bulls Beers said:
Sorry Channel, but you are not a B's fan through and through if you are watching mostly the Hawks game. No matter how the Bruins are doing...

Channel I read a lot of your post since your a Mainer and have access to some of the best beers on the planet .....and I mist of my winters in bethel ....but ...,Bulls has a point. .....go Bs !

they gave that game away tonight... 2 horrible mis-plays by rask and terrible D coverage lead to the other two goals...

Bruins always have a hard time closing out series.... looks like it's coming back up to Boston for game 5...

they gave that game away tonight... 2 horrible mis-plays by rask and terrible D coverage lead to the other two goals...

Bruins always have a hard time closing out series.... looks like it's coming back up to Boston for game 5...

I don't know why they like to make it hard on themselves. They had this game won a few times. I never say the refs were one sided, but this game was ridiculous. Slashes, no call on dropped gloves..They sucked tonight. Ugh!! oh well, Back to Boston...

I don't know why they like to make it hard on themselves. They had this game won a few times. I never say the refs were one sided, but this game was ridiculous. Slashes, no call on dropped gloves..They sucked tonight. Ugh!! oh well, Back to Boston...

in all fairness they let them play on both sides of it... i dont like when ref's decide games, but they also have to be able to keep things under control...

i don't really feel too upset about the way that it was called, it wasn't too scrappy, let the boys play, the calls made were legit, a lot of other **** was let go, on both sides.

Channel I read a lot of your post since your a Mainer and have access to some of the best beers on the planet .....and I mist of my winters in bethel ....but ...,Bulls has a point. .....go Bs !

Haha, well glad to know Maine has fans! I can pick you up some stuff if ever interested.

Plus Howard played in Maine as did nyquist. So when I can I catch a red wings game

Say what you will, the b's will usually drop a game before closing. Been a b's fan since I was letter high to a hockey stick.

While I'm a b's fan through and through, the game dominating on my tv tonight will be the hawks v. wings.

Urban Dictionary said:
bandwagoner

A fan of a particular sports team who had no previous interest in the team until they began winning. They often will claim that they have been "a fan forever." You must discredit them on every statement they make.

What fan of anything "through and through" would rather watch something else?

Let me try... I'm a Lord of the Rings fan through and through, but tonight reruns of "Will & Grace" will be dominating my TV. Hmmmm.... nope doesn't work.

Bandwagoner - yep, it's you.

Let me try... I'm a Lord of the Rings fan through and through, but tonight reruns of "Will & Grace" will be dominating my TV. Hmmmm.... nope doesn't work.

the_more_you_know_by_stathisnhx-d33639v.png

Oh you're right, my bad I guess I should just be a homer like you and just call everyone who roots for a winning team a bandwagon fan to hide the butthurt from the fact that toronto blew it... again.

Oh you're right, my bad I guess I should just be a homer like you and just call everyone who roots for a winning team a bandwagon fan to hide the butthurt from the fact that toronto blew it... again.

Hahha not butthurt at all, really. Look at what Boston is doing to the Rags right now. Leafs did what nobody said they would, and answered a lot of questions in a good way:
-Don't need Luongo, Reimer is solid.
-Kessel can bring it in the playoffs, even against the Bruins.
-Gardiner is damn well near the most exciting D-man Toronto has had in 20 years.
-Ability to take it to Chara and the rest of 'em, and not back down.

At the end of the day, a more experienced and more talented team hit the "desperation" button, and our young up-and-coming team wasn't ready for the onslaught. No big deal, teams collapse and then find a way to grow from it. Kind of like, oh I don't know, Boston blowing a 3-0 series lead and 3-0 lead in game 4 against Philly, and then winning a Stanley Cup the following year.

You will never catch me saying "I'm not watching my team play tonight because there's a more interesting game on". That's just silly.

Keep on ridin' your wagon though, maybe Seguin will come and rub your shoulders with approval. No homo.

You will never catch me saying "I'm not watching my team play tonight because there's a more interesting game on". That's just silly.

Keep on ridin' your wagon though, maybe Seguin will come and rub your shoulders with approval.

Did I once say I wasn't watching my team play?

No I said the main focus of my night was going to be the wings game. Some of us have the ability to watch more than one game at a time. Crazy as it may seem. I'd say I made a wise choice, the Bruins played flat last night, rask didn't know what to do with the puck right in front of him. He had an off night and we will take care of them tomorrow.

And keep telling yourself that you guys don't need a better netminder.

Not sure one can pin this give-away on Rask. Chara definitely cost the Bs a critical goal. Chara is having his typical playoffs rough stretch. Focus on him and you wonder how he contends for d-man of the year awards so often. He is sloppy with passes, looks like his skates are loaded with cement, and generally looks wiped out.

Still, Rangers have zero reason to be hopeful. They are dead and just don't have the decency to realize it yet...

Cheers! ;)

Not sure one can pin this give-away on Rask. Chara definitely cost the Bs a critical goal. Chara is having his typical playoffs rough stretch. Focus on him and you wonder how he contends for d-man of the year awards so often. He is sloppy with passes, looks like his skates are loaded with cement, and generally looks wiped out.

Still, Rangers have zero reason to be hopeful. They are dead and just don't have the decency to realize it yet...

Cheers! ;)

It's on both of them. Rask was out of position and Chara played it soft. The guy logs a metric *&%$-ton of ice time, and that doesn't get easier with age. I agree the B's will take them out tomorrow.

Back