Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
46andbrew said:
The time is now to put out skates on their throats
GO BRUINS !!!
NEW YORK SUCKS !!!

Meh. Even if Boston beats the rangers... And they should, ny's power play is horrible... Boston won't beat Pittsburgh. Relying on the other conference to do that.

Gixxer said:
Meh. Even if Boston beats the rangers... And they should, ny's power play is horrible... Boston won't beat Pittsburgh. Relying on the other conference to do that.

Ya Boston should win this round and I do agree it will be tough to beat the penguins but stranger things have happened in the playoffs. Both teams playing great hockey right now Bruins Penguins would be amazing and if they do pull it off bruins all the way

Good win for the bruins tonight. They were just the better team tonight. Play was in the rangers end most of the night. Lundquist played very well but had no assistance.

The officiating was horrible. Missed two clear as day high sticks to the faces. One hit chara and drew blood, the other hit seguin during a drive. And to anyone who argues that seguin should have also been called, his was a result of a follow through (while also being hit in the face)

It should say something that the rangers havent had a home ice penalty since game 1 of the beginning of the playoffs. Im not saying the rangers are dirty, but even the squeakiest of clean teams take some form of penalty over 4 games.

Im so sick of the nbc sports favoritism. It was like i was watching the penguins play by the sound of it. Just insert new york instead of pittsburgh and whoever of the night for new york in place of crosby. Im all for homer broadcasts, but on nbc it is supposed to be national and somewhat unbiased. It was hard to hear the play by play calling with all the slobbering and gagging noise going on off the dick of lundquist or nash to whoever. Eff, i miss me some nesn (i know thats overly bias, but its a regional network, not a national broadcast)

/rant

ArcticBear said:
Good win for the bruins tonight. They were just the better team tonight. Play was in the rangers end most of the night. Lundquist played very well but had no assistance.

The officiating was horrible. Missed two clear as day high sticks to the faces. One hit chara and drew blood, the other hit seguin during a drive. And to anyone who argues that seguin should have also been called, his was a result of a follow through (while also being hit in the face)

It should say something that the rangers havent had a home ice penalty since game 1 of the beginning of the playoffs. Im not saying the rangers are dirty, but even the squeakiest of clean teams take some form of penalty over 4 games.

Im so sick of the nbc sports favoritism. It was like i was watching the penguins play by the sound of it. Just insert new york instead of pittsburgh and whoever of the night for new york in place of crosby. Im all for homer broadcasts, but on nbc it is supposed to be national and somewhat unbiased. It was hard to hear the play by play calling with all the slobbering and gagging noise going on off the dick of lundquist or nash to whoever. Eff, i miss me some nesn (i know thats overly bias, but its a regional network, not a national broadcast)

/rant

I'm all for a great rant! And by standards, that's a pretty good one! I will agree about the terrible NBC broadcasts, but have to question why you think NBC loves Pittsburgh? It's pretty clear that milbury, jones, and JR hate Pittsburgh! I guess everyone's biased which is cool. I can get the lovefest for Crosby, but for the whole team? Not so sure. I mean, Matt Cooke is a "freaking skunk" remember? 😉

I'm all for a great rant! And by standards, that's a pretty good one! I will agree about the terrible NBC broadcasts, but have to question why you think NBC loves Pittsburgh? It's pretty clear that milbury, jones, and JR hate Pittsburgh! I guess everyone's biased which is cool. I can get the lovefest for Crosby, but for the whole team? Not so sure. I mean, Matt Cooke is a "freaking skunk" remember? ��

The league in general has a hard-on for crosby and pittsburgh by proxy. The crap that crosby, neal, malkin, cooke etc... All get away with is disgusting. Its just never a balanced broadcast when playing the penguins. Every national announcer has to hop on the praise train because the league clearly wants crosby as their pretty boy god among men, first ever to be amazing at the sport hockey player.

I absolutely hate basketball and the nba, but its the same as lebron and whatever team he decides is worthy to have him this year, the league picks a player and makes him their posterboy and crosby is it for the nhl..they get more than usual broadcast bias and more than their fair share of leniency with calls and/or repercussions. You certainly dont see shanahan suspending anyone on pittsburgh after the game has finished.

I will agree about the terrible NBC broadcasts, but have to question why you think NBC loves Pittsburgh?

I'm gonna go out on a limb here but I think ArcticBear could probably answer your question with two words: Pierre McGuire

He's the absolute worst. I think he would roofie Sidney Crosby and lock him up in his tickle dungeon given the chance.

ICWiener said:
I'm gonna go out on a limb here but I think ArcticBear could probably answer your question with two words: Pierre McGuire

He's the absolute worst. I think he would roofie Sidney Crosby and lock him up in his tickle dungeon given the chance.

Haha! That's true. He would do that to a lot of players though! I mean, I get it that if your not a penguin fan, you're a hater. That's cool with me. I usually listen to the radio broadcast so I don't have to listen to the NBC jackasses. I know everyone's star player is better than Crosby. But I also know that as much as penguin haters complain about what Sid, geno, and apparently Cooke get away with, it does go the other way as well. We're all blinded by our hate/allegiance. So I say go pens! And have no regrets! Oh, and it does look like Boston is getting their brooms out and getting them ready for Thursday.

Thats becauce the league loves cindy crosby...they rhink he is the best think for hockey since someone invented ice....he is a whiner,dirty player,and is not the best...so sick of the nhl praise him like hes ceaser.....where is scott Stevens when u need him to lay cindy out....there are other players in this sport the deserve praise more than cindy

dougen said:
Thats becauce the league loves cindy crosby...they rhink he is the best think for hockey since someone invented ice....he is a whiner,dirty player,and is not the best...so sick of the nhl praise him like hes ceaser.....where is scott Stevens when u need him to lay cindy out....there are other players in this sport the deserve praise more than cindy

Now that is on a whole other level of hate. That's just plain rage! Good luck with that!

I mean, I get it that if your not a penguin fan, you're a hater. That's cool with me.

I'm no hater. I've got teams that I like more than others, Pittsburgh's no different. I do get tired of the same old story lines (Crosby vs. Ovechkin, Crosby's current point streak, Crosby's injury rehab, etc), but that's because the repetition is grating. Fact is he's one of the best, if not the best player in the world today. I know that the league is doing what it thinks is best in marketing him, but I also know that your average NHL fan, no matter where he/she is, gets a little tired of it from time to time.

image-1543323780.jpg

ICWiener said:
I'm no hater. I've got teams that I like more than others, Pittsburgh's no different. I do get tired of the same old story lines (Crosby vs. Ovechkin, Crosby's current point streak, Crosby's injury rehab, etc), but that's because the repetition is grating. fact is, he's one of, if not the best players in the world today. I know that the league is doing what it thinks is best in marketing him, but I also know that your average NHL fan, no matter where he/she is, gets a little tired of it from time to time.

Ok. I can get that. Admittedly, I kind of get tired of all the attention Crosby gets. And I will rescind my as serration that if your not a fan, your a hater. It's not common to find someone who genuinely is simply not a fan. As much as there are bandwagon pens fans, there are definitely bandwagon pens haters. I'd didn't mean to lump you into a category. My apologies.

Even as a ranger fan, i saw the commentating was more about frustration of the rangers lack of play in this game. I had to sit there and think about it, but Boston still got some talk time when they broke down all of the scoring chances (admittedly some of them badass) and the things that went into making them badass. Couldn't do a whole lot of that with the rangers. I guess if I had to listen to a commentator go on and on about my team, I hope it's positive stuff...

As much as there are bandwagon pens fans, there are definitely bandwagon pens haters. I'd didn't mean to lump you into a category. My apologies.

Don't sweat it. I ain't mad. We California hockey fans are a laid back bunch.

You're right though, the Penguins are a lighting rod for the fans. People seem love them or effing hate them. Bandwagoners and loyal fans alike.

I'm not rooting for **** in the Eastern Conference this year, because Buffalo didn't make the cut. The Islanders were probably the only team that I would have genuinely rooted for. Everyone loves an underdog.

ICWiener said:
Don't sweat it. I ain't mad. We California hockey fans are a laid back bunch.

You're right though, the Penguins are a lighting rod for the fans. People seem love them or effing hate them. Bandwagoners and loyal fans alike.

I'm not rooting for **** in the Eastern Conference this year, because Buffalo didn't make the cut. The Islanders were probably the only team that I would have genuinely rooted for. Everyone loves an underdog.

That's cool! I'd rather be the underdog anyway! It's easier to play because there's less of an expectation and less attention!

I'm not usually a homer but he Kings got screwed on that quick whistle. The Kings got outplayed for the first 3 games and the first half of tonight's game so I guess a 2-2 series tie is only fitting but I've never seen such a quick whistle. Tough break but maybe that's what they need to wake them up.

Tough break but maybe that's what they need to wake them up.

I'll agree. That was a quick whistle. But I will also say that there has been some seriously terrible officiating on both sides. All 4 games.

He is dirty to a degree but a lot of players are. I think the only difference is the league lets him get away with more. But it just isn't a clean game.

The whiner part is what I really dislike about him. Why the hell would a league want a poster boy with such a whiny, unlikeable personality? Boggles me.

That being said, there's no question he's one of the best players in the game... top 3 for sure. I'd put Datsyuk at the top, though he's not really pretty enough to be a poster boy.

Of course, if prettiness was the only thing that mattered, Karlsson would win. Dude looks like Link from the Zelda games.

Well its all about hockey anyway no matter what people look like....just sick of hearing cindys name all the time hockey is brought up...he had talent dont get me wrong he is good but he is not great...if he is the best in the world like everyone thinks should he be dominating the league...thats all im saying....not a sens fan but go sens

He is dirty to a degree but a lot of players are. I think the only difference is the league lets him get away with more. But it just isn't a clean game.

The whiner part is what I really dislike about him. Why the hell would a league want a poster boy with such a whiny, unlikeable personality? Boggles me.

That being said, there's no question he's one of the best players in the game... top 3 for sure. I'd put Datsyuk at the top, though he's not really pretty enough to be a poster boy.

Of course, if prettiness was the only thing that mattered, Karlsson would win. Dude looks like Link from the Zelda games.

How is Sid a whiner, what you call whining is done by every player trying to buy a penalty. I just happens that when you are the best in hockey everyone always hooks, holds and otherwise impeeds your movement. If he was on your team you would notice how he is the hardest working, most dominate player in hockey, period. So dominate that he can miss 2 full weeks and still almost take the scoring title this season.

How is Sid a whiner, what you call whining is done by every player trying to buy a penalty. I just happens that when you are the best in hockey everyone always hooks, holds and otherwise impeeds your movement. If he was on your team you would notice how he is the hardest working, most dominate player in hockey, period. So dominate that he can miss 2 full weeks and still almost take the scoring title this season.

miss two weeks and ALMOST take the scoring title, (ALMOST being the key word) and two weeks... what'd he miss? 6 games?

He's a finesse player sure, but most of his goals are garbage weakside rebounds, he's got positioning sure, but he mostly puts in open netters, I could do that.

And he doesn't get hooked or held any more than any other player on the ice, don't kid yourself. He constantly throws his arms up at the refs in disbelief that someone came within two feet of him and wasn't called for something erronious.

If he was just a good player, and maybe a bit of a whiner then i'm sure everyone would ***** and moan and all would be fine. But he's a giant baby who plays cheap. He hides behind the protection of the refs and his bigger guys, starts fights and runs, or takes cheap shots and jabs when the person is tied up by a ref whos undoubtedly trying to keep the wonderboy safe. He pushes gloves and sticks from opponents trying to pick them up after plays, he does A LOT of the little behind the back Bullsh!t things that make him such a poor sport.

step back for a second and remove the cindy fog colored glasses... he's obviously a great player, but he's a poor sport, and a big whiner. He doesn't take any more abuse because "he's a superstar" than anyone else. He deserves no special treatment because the nhl thinks he walks on water, but yet he acts as if he does.

i'm sorry, but he is hardly the "most dominant player" in hockey... he isn't the fastest, he doesn't have the hardest shot, he isn't the hardest hitter, isn't a fighter... he gets hit in the mouth and he cries, he's a pretty boy who's little school yard antics are going to eventually catch up to him. and i will be watching that day with a beer in hand in enjoyment

And just because the nhl and nbc all say that he is the most dominant player in the nhl doesn't neccessarily mean he is. Their bias, just like any other news or franchise, is so skewed they refuse to take into consideration that there is anyone else that could possibly hold a candle to this child prodigy and gift to viewers everywhere...

miss two weeks and ALMOST take the scoring title, (ALMOST being the key word) and two weeks... what'd he miss? 6 games?

He's a finesse player sure, but most of his goals are garbage weakside rebounds, he's got positioning sure, but he mostly puts in open netters, I could do that.

And he doesn't get hooked or held any more than any other player on the ice, don't kid yourself. He constantly throws his arms up at the refs in disbelief that someone came within two feet of him and wasn't called for something erronious.

If he was just a good player, and maybe a bit of a whiner then i'm sure everyone would ***** and moan and all would be fine. But he's a giant baby who plays cheap. He hides behind the protection of the refs and his bigger guys, starts fights and runs, or takes cheap shots and jabs when the person is tied up by a ref whos undoubtedly trying to keep the wonderboy safe. He pushes gloves and sticks from opponents trying to pick them up after plays, he does A LOT of the little behind the back Bullsh!t things that make him such a poor sport.

step back for a second and remove the cindy fog colored glasses... he's obviously a great player, but he's a poor sport, and a big whiner. He doesn't take any more abuse because "he's a superstar" than anyone else. He deserves no special treatment because the nhl thinks he walks on water, but yet he acts as if he does.

i'm sorry, but he is hardly the "most dominant player" in hockey... he isn't the fastest, he doesn't have the hardest shot, he isn't the hardest hitter, isn't a fighter... he gets hit in the mouth and he cries, he's a pretty boy who's little school yard antics are going to eventually catch up to him. and i will be watching that day with a beer in hand in enjoyment

And just because the nhl and nbc all say that he is the most dominant player in the nhl doesn't neccessarily mean he is. Their bias, just like any other news or franchise, is so skewed they refuse to take into consideration that there is anyone else that could possibly hold a candle to this child prodigy and gift to viewers everywhere...

Let's start off by saying that I may actually have underestimated how long he was out... he missed the last 12 games of the season, 13 if you count the fact he was injured in the 1st 2-4 minutes of the last game he had played in.

You do not have to have the strongest shot, be the fastest skater, harderst hitter, or strongest fighter to be the most dominate player on the ice. When he is on the ice he makes everyone playing with him play better that is a FACT. He scores more points that almost everyone, has and amazing plus minus, and plays sound defensive hockey. To address your "he gets hit in the mouth and crys" comment I wanna see you take a 90mph slapshot to the face and get up and skate off the ice and NOT cry just like he did... To me you sound like a bandwagon hockey fan who doesn't truely understand the sport at all.

90% if not 100% of your arguements are just plain false so go back to putting your ignorant "I hate Crosby" glasses back on and just enjoy as he tears your team up.

ArcticBear said:

So much hate....you really shouldn't let your anger and envy cloud your judgement... :)

Latest posts

Back