Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm amazed at how Neal has stepped it up!! He's was so quiet against the islanders and the first few games against Ottawa, then he wakes up for 5 goals in two games!!

I suspect Boston will close out the rangers tonight. Of course I thought that Thursday night too. That would be a good series!

they played great.

krug has out performed any expectations. that kid's got potential.

the next series will certainly be an interesting one. I, however, will likely be watching the games on mute... i don't want to hear the bs commentary thats going to follow this series.

ArcticBear said:
they played great.

krug has out performed any expectations. that kid's got potential.

the next series will certainly be an interesting one. I, however, will likely be watching the games on mute... i don't want to hear the bs commentary thats going to follow this series.

Do like I do and mute the NBC broadcast and listen to the local radio broadcast. It's less annoying if you can sync the video with the radio with a TiVo or something like that!

Do like I do and mute the NBC broadcast and listen to the local radio broadcast. It's less annoying if you can sync the video with the radio with a TiVo or something like that!

Yeah, no boston sports broadcasts down here in Connecticut... That was the worst part about moving down here a year ago

ArcticBear said:
Yeah, no boston sports broadcasts down here in Connecticut... That was the worst part about moving down here a year ago

Can't get it on I heart radio or maybe on the BBs mobile app if they have it?

Never used that. I know that iHeart radio only carries ClearChannel stations though. That might be a deal breaker for some.

Some of the stations on TuneIn are dedicated streams for certain sports teams, but it might depend on whether they do their own stream. Last year I couldn't get Red Wings or Tigers games to come in on the radio at work but I could hear the online streams without commercials (just quiet for the breaks).

This season I haven't found a station for the Red Wings but there are radio stations that air the games, such as sports stations out of Detroit. On the computer you can also search for games and pick a station to listen to, often times you can choose between which team's announcers you prefer to listen to.

You cant get 98.5 "The Hub" down there??

Nah.. That cuts off a little past worcester. Im still an hour and a half down near new haven.. Ct gets the worst radio in the country. Static from mass, static from hartford, static from long island..no good solid radio or sports radio

Gonna celebrate as soon as I get off work

SC20130527-005424.jpeg

As much as I hate Boston, why do I find it so easy to hope they win the whole goddamn thing?

Must be a blue-collar thing. Would like to see the gritty c*nts wipe the smug grin off of the Penguins' faces. Plus, since Iggy snubbed 'em to go to a place where he felt he had a better chance of winning a cup, all the more reason to ***** slap him back to the golf course. And sure, it'd be nice to know my beloved Leafers took the Stanley Cup finalists to OT in 7 games.

So yeah, go Bruins.

Western conference? Nobody cares (still).

As much as I hate Boston, why do I find it so easy to hope they win the whole goddamn thing?

Must be a blue-collar thing. Would like to see the gritty c*nts wipe the smug grin off of the Penguins' faces. Plus, since Iggy snubbed 'em to go to a place where he felt he had a better chance of winning a cup, all the more reason to ***** slap him back to the golf course. And sure, it'd be nice to know my beloved Leafers took the Stanley Cup finalists to OT in 7 games.

So yeah, go Bruins.

If you say so (about nobody caring about the West) you go on thinking that way.

Any one of those west coast teams left will *easily* beat the pens or Boston. Boston's level of play sucked just as bad as the rangers, they only scored more goals. Wait till they play a real team.

Any one of those west coast teams left will *easily* beat the pens or Boston. Boston's level of play sucked just as bad as the rangers, they only scored more goals. Wait till they play a real team.

Thats usually how a team advances.. (By scoring more goals)

I think the west could be a challenge but their style of play makes them easy to be knocked off their game..i certainly dont think whichever team wins out will walk over the bruins or the pens.

West coast teams are skaters and finesse teams. They dont like playing the grind em out hockey that eastern teams play... They dont like being hit, it knocks them out of their comfort zone. They hit and get hit but its a different game. If it stays physical i take an eastern conference team all day long

(Queue whoever showing big open ice west game hits)

Spoken like a true Toronto fan.

West coast teams are skaters and finesse teams. They dont like playing the grind em out hockey that eastern teams play... They dont like being hit, it knocks them out of their comfort zone.

Yeah...that's not true. None of it. At all. I'm guessing you're a Bruins fan and you're basing this assumption on the 2011 SCF. Stay up past 10:00 pm some night and watch any western conference team that isn't Vancouver.

i've watched many of the western conference games... i stand beside my point. it also has nothing to do with being a bruins fan...

I would like to remind you all that when I say nobody cares about the WC teams, I am obviously kidding. No need to get your collective time-zone-deficient knickers in a knot.

Wait, you mean there are hockey teams west of Illinois? Huh. I had no idea! :drunk:

(Since we need it here sometimes, that was obviously [I hope] sarcasm...)

Wait, you mean there are hockey teams west of Illinois? Huh. I had no idea! :drunk:

(Since we need it here sometimes, that was obviously [I hope] sarcasm...)

Even the star UFA's dont' even care about the western conference. They all live out their RFA years, then move to greener pastures where the real fans are.

EC: Like an amazing craft beer bar where the servers all wear short kilts.
WC: That place that smells like cigarettes, and they only serve Miller High Life, brought to you buy a fat guy in a wife beater.

Eastern Conference, where O-6 teams go to die. :D

No, really, Paul you're right, the West is full of horrible franchises and cities that have no business fielding NHL teams but..... and this is a huge ass.... they're still the better conference this year.

Eastern Conference, where O-6 teams go to die. :D

No, really, Paul you're right, the West is full of horrible franchises and cities that have no business fielding NHL teams but..... and this is a huge ass.... they're still the better conference this year.

Really? Then why do most of the top players play for EC teams?

Forwards:
1 Martin St Louis TBL
2 Steven Stamkos TBL
3 Alex Ovechkin WSH
4 Sidney Crosby PIT

5 Patrick Kane CHI
6 Eric Staal CAR
7 Chris Kunitz PIT
8 Phil Kessel TOR

9 Taylor Hall EDM
10 Pavel Datsyuk DET

Defense:
1 P.K. Subban MTL
2 Kris Letang PIT

3 Ryan Suter MIN
4 Andrei Markov MTL
5 Keith Yandle PHX
6 Niklas Kronwall DET
7 Kimmo Timonen PHI
8 Cody Franson TOR

9 Shea Weber NSH
10 Dion Phaneuf TOR

Goalies:
1 Henrik Lundqvist NYR
2 Antti Niemi SJS
3 Niklas Backstrom MIN
4 Marc-Andre Fleury PIT
5 Evgeni Nabokov NYI
6 Braden Holtby WSH

7 Sergei Bobrovsky CBJ
8 Jimmy Howard DET
9 Carey Price MTL
10 Ondrej Pavelec WPG

There's no arguing this irrefutable scientific evidence that the Western Conference sucks Crosby's hairless nutsack.

LMFAO!! That's funny. But I think your list was made by a Toronto fan; Kessel and Phaneuf? Really? I don't watch much POW hockey until late in the POs, but those two don't seem like very good players at all. But the question's out there; with all those top stars, why does the East still suck when compared to the West? :D

I hate Sidney Crosby too.

LMFAO!! That's funny. But I think your list was made by a Toronto fan; Kessel and Phaneuf? Really? I don't watch much POW hockey until late in the POs, but those two don't seem like very good players at all. But the question's out there; with all those top stars, why does the East still suck when compared to the West? :D

I hate Sidney Crosby too.

Hey, all I did was go to NHL.com and click on Forward, Defense, and Goalies. Then copy/paste the top 10 using whatever ranking they decided was best by default (points, points, wins). Doesn't get more scientific than that.

I can tell you don't watch hockey - the fact that you questioned Dion Phaneuf's goodness while blindly accepting the inclusion of Cody Franson is funny. Typical Western Conference fan behaviour.

And who said I don't like Crosby? I shave my balls so I can be just like him!

Hey, all I did was go to NHL.com and click on Forward, Defense, and Goalies. Then copy/paste the top 10 using whatever ranking they decided was best by default (points, points, wins). Doesn't get more scientific than that.

Having the single best player or a couple of the best players in the league guarantees nothing. Having depth and consistent scoring/checking/possession from 3rd and 4th lines wins cups, IMO.

I can tell you don't watch hockey - the fact that you questioned Dion Phaneuf's goodness while blindly accepting the inclusion of Cody Franson is funny. Typical Western Conference fan behaviour.

And who said I don't like Crosby? I shave my balls so I can be just like him!

Cody who? :D Seriously though, who doesn't like Crosby? He's the bees knees. :D

Back