Craft Beer MAW

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad I could grant someone's wish! Here's what you've got coming at you forcabrew

My list will be up shortly, just wanted to get this up to confirm with forcabrew.

Enjoy Brotha!

wish.jpg

Here's my wish list:

Dark Lord reg or ba
Cigar City Huna
Goose Island: BCBS, Cherry Rye Bourboun County, Vanilla, Rare
The Abyss
Founders CBS
Alesmith BA Speedway Stout
Surly Darkness
Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout
Hills Farmstead any sour
Russian River Beatification
Bruery: Black Tuesday, Chocolate Rain
Brooklyn Black Ops

pkrath84 said:
Glad I could grant someone's wish! Here's what you've got coming at you forcabrew

My list will be up shortly, just wanted to get this up to confirm with forcabrew.

Enjoy Brotha!

Can't wait

My MAW from TheMan should be waiting for me when I get off of work tomorrow! Can't wait!

I want to grab this newest maw too...but I'm resisting for a little haha...getting some new guys into this is fun as well.

I want to grab this newest maw too...but I'm resisting for a little haha...getting some new guys into this is fun as well.

Hahaha, I feel the same....I mean I am still a new guy, but I'll let someone else take this one, unless it sticks around too long.

Well I only found out about this about a month ago. It didn't take long to get addicted...like the rest of you.

I need to get my post count up so I can get in on this. I've seen a few lists I could've fulfilled

Well I only found out about this about a month ago. It didn't take long to get addicted...like the rest of you.

I feel ya. Its definitely addicting. I got 4 so far and have had to refrain from others. Its like trading with no bargaining and just surprise the hell out of someone.

I must say, I'm disappointed in the fact that I don't have a decent beer store around me near Athens, Ohio to pick up the wishes of others. I do live near Jackie O's, which I've seen on here, but I would only be able to do a growler and that would be the only thing on the list. I have literally not even heard of most of these beers you guys are asking for. I look them up and have never seen them. I guess I need to drive to Columbus and see what I can find. I just want to fulfill a wish. All this, "I fulfilled 3 just last week" stuff makes me jealous that you all have sweet stores that you can just walk in and buy all of this amazing beer.

I must say, I'm disappointed in the fact that I don't have a decent beer store around me near Athens, Ohio to pick up the wishes of others. I do live near Jackie O's, which I've seen on here, but I would only be able to do a growler and that would be the only thing on the list. I have literally not even heard of most of these beers you guys are asking for. I look them up and have never seen them. I guess I need to drive to Columbus and see what I can find. I just want to fulfill a wish. All this, "I fulfilled 3 just last week" stuff makes me jealous that you all have sweet stores that you can just walk in and buy all of this amazing beer.

I can't buy any of it locally. Don't feel bad. I won a Superbowl squares on another site and got 23 boxes of beer. From there I traded up. Plus have met many friends near nice breweries along the way.

Don't fret. This is a great place to make connections and get exposed to all kinds of beer from everywhere.

As Ned said, we don't just walk in and buy all of this. In some cases it is near impossible to do so. Search some trade boards and see what people are after. You will see some you have access to. Sometimes people aren't even after rare beer, just beer they don't have access to. You'll build your collection and soon you will be wow by yourself. A fair warning, it does get expensive! Once you develop a couple connections and have some pleasant trade experiences you'll have access to quite a bit, maybe not locally, but through someone you have traded with across the country.

It all started for me cause I decided to collect beer for gifts for my groomsmen, wedding is this summer. Giving three solid bombers to each guy standing up for me (12 total beers). Some of them are even already aged a year. Still need two more good beers.

Take the $20 a week you could be spending on beer you can't get in Athens and save it for the next Jackie O's bottle release. Get there early on friday to get your number and go back saturday and buy your limit. They had Kentucky Monk at the last one which people are going nuts over trading for right now.

Tngabe said it perfect. All you need is a couple bottles of one solid beer. Bring a friend with you and get two tickets worth!

Thanks everyone for the replies. I've just been looking forward to doing this for a while. I'll do more research and spend some more time hunting for some jems. You'll see me back here, sometime.

Here's my wish list:

Dark Lord reg or ba
Cigar City Huna
Goose Island: BCBS, Cherry Rye Bourboun County, Vanilla, Rare
The Abyss
Founders CBS
Alesmith BA Speedway Stout
Surly Darkness
Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout
Hills Farmstead any sour
Russian River Beatification
Bruery: Black Tuesday, Chocolate Rain
Brooklyn Black Ops

list bump

It has arrived!!! There was a loud "f*** yeah!", When I opened it. Thanks a ton gabe!

Btw, remember this pic of what I got...you'll laugh when you see what I sent nunner lol

ForumRunner_20130603_111350.jpg

It has arrived!!! There was a loud "f*** yeah!", When I opened it. Thanks a ton gabe!

Btw, remember this pic of what I got...you'll laugh when you see what I sent nunner lol

Glad everything made it. Have I completed the circle of Heady?

Haha, yep. I had just received the four pack when I saw his maw...had I known I was receiving more I would have sent him more haha.

Never going to complain about getting heady though.

Back