A tool a day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

podz

Reaction score
It seems like I buy a new tool or three every day. Tools enable me to remodel my house and build things such as brewing space and rigs.

I thought to start posting photos of my new tools just to see how quickly they are growing and encourage others to join as well.

One of the 4 tools I bought today:

1047-t30155-3-600.jpg

It seems like I buy a new tool or three every day. Tools enable me to remodel my house and build things such as brewing space and rigs.

I thought to start posting photos of my new tools just to see how quickly they are growing and encourage others to join as well.

1047-t30155-3-600.jpg

I don't know what that is, so you obviously didn't need it. ;)

Been a little while since I bought any tools. Picked this up about a month ago to silver solder threaded spuds for valve & thermo onto two kettles.

189-TS8000ZKC.eps.jpg

A 1lb. spool of Harris silver solder cost as much as the torch kit. :(

I'm a tool junky, I love my tools, they put food on the table and a roof over my head.
I'm glad I no longer need to buy a lot because they are not cheap but show me something I think is cool or will save me time, you got me hook,line and sinker.

This one, a recent purchase, has already cut through a 4" cast-iron pipe three times, and flush-sawed off two heavy-duty metal bench mounts that were cast into the concrete floor of the dressing room to my sauna.

I also used it last night to cut scrap wood down to sizes that fit into my wood burning stove so I could warm up my sauna. While the sauna was heating up, I was outside with it trimming some tree branches away from the end of my driveway.

It's an 18 volt lithium-ion reciprocating saw from Bosch.

627395_LB_01_FB.EPS_1000.jpg

I'm a tool junky, I love my tools, they put food on the table and a roof over my head.
I'm glad I no longer need to buy a lot because they are not cheap but show me something I think is cool or will save me time, you got me hook,line and sinker.

Yes. I have a company AMEX and literally no budget that I know of. My toolbox is AMAZING.

A new addition that has almost made me abandon my 25 year old maglite:

My new Voltec LED head lamp, three brightness modes as well as a blinking mode in case I want to walk around drunk in a snowstorm!

fvUG-v8A.B

A new addition that has almost made me abandon my 25 year old maglite:

My new Voltec LED head lamp, three brightness modes as well as a blinking mode in case I want to walk around drunk in a snowstorm!

fvUG-v8A.B

I used to have one of those. I threw it away. Now, almost every day I wish I still had it. (goes to Amazon...)

I'm a tool guy too. I've amassed an amazing set of tools, barely used.

I used to have one of those. I threw it away. Now, almost every day I wish I still had it. (goes to Amazon...)

I'm a tool guy too. I've amassed an amazing set of tools, barely used.

I don't use all of my tools every day, but I do use at least one of them every day.

I have started setting up purpose-built toolbags. One for general household work, one for electric work, one for plumbing work, one for woodworking, one for remodelling, etc. Saves a whole lot of time digging around before starting a project.

Need to setup a painting toolbag next.

Just what I needed to start taking apart a 60 year old S-trap: a pair of 16" channel lock pliers

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
This one, a recent purchase, has already cut through a 4" cast-iron pipe three times, and flush-sawed off two heavy-duty metal bench mounts that were cast into the concrete floor of the dressing room to my sauna.

I also used it last night to cut scrap wood down to sizes that fit into my wood burning stove so I could warm up my sauna. While the sauna was heating up, I was outside with it trimming some tree branches away from the end of my driveway.

It's an 18 volt lithium-ion reciprocating saw from Bosch.

627395_LB_01_FB.EPS_1000.jpg

The newer green Bosch stuff was designed so well, they make slaving away in the garden look cool

like look at this:

653847.png

Is that your lawn mower?

Nope i just saw that while browsing their site. My most used tool is a Bosch though, a cordless screwdriver and some titanium pz2 and ph2 bits. I don't have exciting powertools because most of my stuff is electronics related. (sparky stuff, soldering stuff etc.)

No tool purchases yesterday since I bought 33 liters (8.7 US gallons) of paint.

Now the real question is "Why are the containers 11 liters instead of 10?" Things that make you go "Hmm".

baufix-holz-und-bautentechnik-maler-raumweiss-11-l.jpg

1047-t30155-3-600.jpg

Nice to see others with a good tool addiction. I work in the oilfields now and use a laptop and a notebook as my every day tools; but once I was a mechanic by trade and considered my tools to be my livelihood. Take care of your tools, wipe them down before you put them away, and keep them organized, (as I can tell from other posts that you are) and I promise you will never regret the money you spent. I'll be 30 in a couple weeks and I still own some tools that I bought when I was barely old enough to drive!!

Nice to see others with a good tool addiction. I work in the oilfields now and use a laptop and a notebook as my every day tools; but once I was a mechanic by trade and considered my tools to be my livelihood. Take care of your tools, wipe them down before you put them away, and keep them organized, (as I can tell from other posts that you are) and I promise you will never regret the money you spent. I'll be 30 in a couple weeks and I still own some tools that I bought when I was barely old enough to drive!!

I've still got tools that I inherited from my grandfather, who was a master industrial electrician, when he died 30 years ago.

I don't use tools for my work, but I'm using them every day at home.

I bought this one for my wife when she dropped an adjustable wrench and a ball valve down through a small hole in the floor. The working end is also magnetic:

8873678209054.jpg

Let's face it, you WILL need that extra paint!

I also love tools. I won a vibrating multitool at last year's company Christmas party and it has served me VERY well. It's been useful in ways I never thought it would.

Like cutting the bottom of door trim flush while installing flooring, or cutting PVC pipe, or cutting the floor up at a friend's house, sanding, trimming shims... the list goes on!

Back