Had my NEIPA reached FG and should i pitch more yeast?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blinky2134

Reaction score
Little worried this has reached FG and it's way to high :-( first time using Crossmyloof Sweet Release. It's a NEIPA, pitched yeast Saturday, did first dry hop yesterday..... will see how ignis tomorrow when I do the 2nd dry hop, could pick a pack of English ale yeast then?
1000002693.jpg

Little worried this has reached FG and it's way to high :-( first time using Crossmyloof Sweet Release. It's a NEIPA, pitched yeast Saturday, did first dry hop yesterday..... will see how ignis tomorrow when I do the 2nd dry hop, could pick a pack of English ale yeast then? View attachment 848140
edit: just checked and it's 63% to 68% attenuation with this yeast, 63% gets me to 1.919 starting at 1.061 - now 1.059 is what I measured going in with the refractometer, so 5 points less than the itilt measured, take 5 points off what it's reading now and I get 1.020, pretty much bang on 63% - still worried this is going to be a sickly mess!

My worry is the tilt usually reads lower than actual, so if this is the case, it could be even higher! Will find out tonight when I take a proper reading

My worry is the tilt usually reads lower than actual, so if this is the case, it could be even higher! Will find out tonight when I take a proper reading
Mine reads too high often enough; it did this on my last batch. It varies broadly when there is schmutz stuck to it, depends where the stuff is stuck and how much, etc.

Extract or all-grain? There are several mishaps that might make your all-grain batch not make it to the FG.

Temp is pretty steady so that part is good. Though what is that average... 18°C (64°F)? And near the bottom of ideal for a lot of the ale yeast I use.

Maybe letting it warm up to 20°C (69°F) might let if knock a point or two more off the SG.

Is Sweet Realease the beer or the yeast? I couldn't find either. But I'm not where you are.

still worried this is going to be a sickly mess!

If Sweet Release is the name of the beer, then to me, it's sort of implied by the name! :bigmug:

Last edited:
Back