Official Lambic.Info thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Gueuze Society, in partnership with Lambic.Info, is pleased to announce the availability of two additional bus routes for the Toer de Geuze on May 3, 2015.

These bus routes will leave from, and return to In de Verzekering tegen de Grote Dorst in Eizeringen. Details are on the Geuze Society and Lambic.Info Toer de Geuze event page. There are two additional bus routes:

Route 1:
* Tilquin
* Boon
* Hanssens
* Oud Beersel
* 3 Fonteinen

Route 2:
* Lindemans
* 3 Fonteinen
* Hanssens
* Boon
* Tilquin

Bookings are at http://www.corporate-communication.net/geuze/index.php. Note that after you sign up, you will need to pay separately per the provided instructions.

Thanks, and we look forward to seeing you on the Toer de Geuze 2015!

The Gueuze Society, in partnership with Lambic.Info, is pleased to announce the availability of two additional bus routes for the Toer de Geuze on May 3, 2015.

These bus routes will leave from, and return to In de Verzekering tegen de Grote Dorst in Eizeringen. Details are on the Geuze Society and Lambic.Info Toer de Geuze event page. There are two additional bus routes:

Route 1:
* Tilquin
* Boon
* Hanssens
* Oud Beersel
* 3 Fonteinen

Route 2:
* Lindemans
* 3 Fonteinen
* Hanssens
* Boon
* Tilquin

Bookings are at http://www.corporate-communication.net/geuze/index.php. Note that after you sign up, you will need to pay separately per the provided instructions.

Thanks, and we look forward to seeing you on the Toer de Geuze 2015!

I can't make it, but I want to say route 2 looks particularly delightful.

Yeah if I were going and going on a bus I would definitely choose the second route.

Earlier today I noticed someone was searching for Loterbol Tuverbol on the site. We had been planning a page to document the many commercially released beers that are blended with Belgian Lambic. I just created the initial page and now we'd like your help filling it in! Listed below is a link to a Google Spreadsheet where people can help these beers in. As beers are added, we will continue to update the Lambic.Info page. Please fill in as much information as possible and leave any pertinent notes. Cheers!

https://www.lambic.info/Beer_and_Lambic_Blends

Editable spreadsheet

This is the first of many crowd research projects that we hope to do through this project. Together, we have a wealth of knowledge about lambic, and the hope is that we can pull it together and help continue to centralize this information.

Last edited by a moderator:
Earlier today I noticed someone was searching for Loterbol Tuverbol on the site. We had been planning a page to document the many commercially released beers that are blended with Belgian Lambic. I just created the initial page and now we'd like your help filling it in! Listed below is a link to a Google Spreadsheet where people can help these beers in. As beers are added, we will continue to update the Lambic.Info page. Please fill in as much information as possible and leave any pertinent notes. Cheers!

Editable spreadsheet

This is the first of many crowd research projects that we hope to do through this project. Together, we have a wealth of knowledge about lambic, and the hope is that we can pull it together and help continue to centralize this information.

That link redirects through facebook?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back in 2001 there must have been either a major overhaul in Cantillon labels in general for the US or a new labeling law that required reapproval, as there are 9 "new" labels approved for U.S. distribution during that year. It's interesting to see some of the naming conventions used like "Pure Apricot" for Fou'Foune and "Lou Pepe Pure Gueuze" in 2004 that didn't really make it into the vernacular over the long run. There are higher resolution scans that are more legible on the site to read through.

These are all available on the TTB website linked below if you search for keywords. We went through and pulled a lot of them and are getting around to uploading them, as they expire on the website after 15 years. If you search for any and click the "printable version" you get the entire application. Sometime around 2005 electronic applications came around and a lot of stuff is available as a PDF form. Kind of cool to see what's around. We found some neat stuff like the Monk's Cafe Cuvee de Monk's Kriek label that, to our knowledge, has never seen the light of day.

https://www.ttbonline.gov/colasonline/publicSearchColasBasicProcess.do?action=clear

640px-LouPepePureGueuzeApproval2004.jpg
640px-PureApricotApproval2001.jpg
640px-CantillonGueuzueApproval2001.jpg
320px-IrisApproval2001.jpg

Wow, Fou Founne really was a shelf turd once. I swear I told some snot nosed **** that.

The Red Viper.

No, I'm saying that if a guy has the nickname of "pre-pubescent girl's vagina", there might be a problem.

Only a problem when you rely on Google for translations.

I just realized what apricots look like. If drunk enough.

Editable spreadsheet

I have a couple lambic and beer blends in the cellar. Dont know them all off the top of my head so ill have to look sometime and post here again. However, something I wanted to point out about the page you linked to: Birra del Borgo Duchessic was also packaged in 375mls. There have been multiple batches and im not 100% sure if Cantillon is even added anymore. The first bottling was dominated by lambic - no saison quality. However, recent batches make it seem like lambic might not even be added...but if it is, I think Cantillon was removed from the label. (I dont have a new label to post to confirm.) Also, one could completely negate everyhing ive posted here if that is just the nature of this beer and the lambic portion of the blend has not developed yet.

I have a couple lambic and beer blends in the cellar. Dont know them all off the top of my head so ill have to look sometime and post here again. However, something I wanted to point out about the page you linked to: Birra del Borgo Duchessic was also packaged in 375mls. There have been multiple batches and im not 100% sure if Cantillon is even added anymore. The first bottling was dominated by lambic - no saison quality. However, recent batches make it seem like lambic might not even be added...but if it is, I think Cantillon was removed from the label. (I dont have a new label to post to confirm.) Also, one could completely negate everyhing ive posted here if that is just the nature of this beer and the lambic portion of the blend has not developed yet.

I updated w/ the bottle size, I'll keep looking around for more info on the content. I don't think I've ever actually had Duchessic.

It's pretty delicious - although concerned to hear the lambic in the recent batches isn't noticeable. It usually turds it up here so easy to get when it comes out.

Just had a recent batch and kind of felt the same. The last batch I had about a year ago seemed like it had a bit more lambic influence. Maybe give it more time? Or maybe they just cut back the lambic portion and blamed the economy?

Thanks ASak10 and sherm1016 , great information. So it looks like the 2014 bottle dropped the mention of Cantillon or is a difference in US vs. non-US labeling? I could dig into the TTB website and check. Did bottles pre-2013 say Cantillon as well? I've actually never even had this beer :(

Thanks ASak10 and sherm1016 , great information. So it looks like the 2014 bottle dropped the mention of Cantillon or is a difference in US vs. non-US labeling? I could dig into the TTB website and check. Did bottles pre-2013 say Cantillon as well? I've actually never even had this beer :(
2013 definitely said Cantillon in the U.S.

OG Label
Birra-del-Borgo-Duchessic.jpg

Last bottle I had I bought last summer (had no mention of 'loons on the front) and it funked up pretty good as of a few months ago. Maybe the Cantillon juice switched to something more obtainable? Can't find any pictures but I thought it said Cantillon on the back label.

Net contents (volume) is required for TTB label approval. http://www.ttb.gov/pdf/brochures/p51903.pdf

Yeah, but I'm not sure a separate label approval is required for each size variant. In some cases there are two labels for two sizes in the database and in others there aren't. I think maybe they just blanket approve one and so long as there are no major changes/revisions then a new approval isn't necessary.

Yeah that's likely a case by case thing. I just know every bottle is supposed to state a volume. But I bet there's a good few that have gotten away without it.

Editable spreadsheet

i'm 99% sure that this was me, and i was about to post a question about it because i really had no idea what tuverbol actually was but i forgot. thanks for your diligence!

Back