Official Lambic.Info thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this website reeks of awesomeness, also ------v wow
800px-3FEngravedBarrelHead-1.jpg

this website reeks of awesomeness, also ------v wow
800px-3FEngravedBarrelHead-1.jpg

Ya, that's hanging in my basement. I purchased the barrel head at Rocky Mountain Barrel Company and had a friend do the carving/etching. There's one on the Cantillon page as well, but the 3F one really does stand out. At some point, i'd love to complete the series. Next would be De Cam hammers, i think.

Thank you, clearly a labor of love. I feel that so much of this info has previously been dispersed across various sources or passed along via word of mouth, so it should prove very valuable for it to be accurately aggregated in one place. This will be my lambic encyclopedia going forward.

Last edited:
Guys: just killed like two hours reading the site. Amazing stuff, congrats to all who worked on this. I really needed a distraction from Super Bowl worrying, well timed by you.

Thank you, clearly a labor of love. I feel that so much of this info has previously been dispersed across various sources or passed along via word of mouth, so it should prove very valuable for it to be accurately aggregated in one place. This will be my lambic encyclopedia going forward.

Thanks guys! There was so much disparate information out there in various sites, threads, groups, and languages that one of our main goals was to concentrate it all into one place and provide people with enough background information and sources to really go out and continue to learn. If anyone ever has an opportunity to pick up and read any of the books we have listed in the books section they really should. The more we dug the more we uncovered, and I'm sure there's still a ton more.

Also thank you tehzachatak for the submission on the Friendship blend! Updated info.

Poked around the site a little bit yesterday. Just wanted to echo everyone else's congrats and appreciation for the quality resource you guys have created. Still, it seems a bit redundant because there is a section on Beer Advocate already about lembeeks and goozies.

Not srs

As much information as I'm sure just waits to be added, this is truly a magnificent creation. I had an obscure question about whether the first Tilquin batch was numbered or not, and the site had the details. +1 high-five for all involved in this project.

internet-high-five.jpg
We just added a "recent updates" section as well so people that have read the site top to bottom (and there have been some already) can check back in there and see what's new!

LMUj1oL.jpg

Thanks guys! There was so much disparate information out there in various sites, threads, groups, and languages that one of our main goals was to concentrate it all into one place and provide people with enough background information and sources to really go out and continue to learn. If anyone ever has an opportunity to pick up and read any of the books we have listed in the books section they really should. The more we dug the more we uncovered, and I'm sure there's still a ton more.

Also thank you tehzachatak for the submission on the Friendship blend! Updated info.

I am happy to be your source of information on all Maine lambics, be they Allagash or Sea Doge

This past weekend, we exchanged a few emails with Akkurat and Cantillon. As a result, we were able to improve the accuracy of these beers:

These conversations continue and more info is coming. We’ll continue to clean up the pages as more information comes in, but check them out!

Additionally, last night, we added a new page for the Amuse Gueuze event. Has anyone here ever attended either of the two times so far or planning on going to the third one in March?
https://www.lambic.info/Amuse_Gueuze

We'll update here and in our facebook group when we find notable additions. A more complete Recent Updates page is also available (https://www.lambic.info/Recent_Updates)

http://www.lambic.info/Belle-Vue_Gueuze_Ph._Vandenstock

I shared an old bottle of this with a group a while back. I can send a pic of the bottle. I tried so hard to figure out how old it was but the best I could do is range it from late 70's to early 80's. Here is an insta from the tasting.
I can take a better pic of the bottle if you guys want one... but that beer is so hard to figure out any info on it. It definitely tasted back sweetened we thought. It did not age gracefully. Any thoughts on that one?

http://www.lambic.info/Belle-Vue_Gueuze_Ph._Vandenstock

I shared an old bottle of this with a group a while back. I can send a pic of the bottle. I tried so hard to figure out how old it was but the best I could do is range it from late 70's to early 80's. Here is an insta from the tasting.
I can take a better pic of the bottle if you guys want one... but that beer is so hard to figure out any info on it. It definitely tasted back sweetened we thought. It did not age gracefully. Any thoughts on that one?

The whole Belle-Vue thing is a giant rat's nest that we're still trying to untangle. There were SO many labels from back then with even the slightest of variations. I'm 99% sure that given the history of Belle-Vue, that what you had was definitely sweetened/filtered. Forgetfu had one recently in Belgium and brought back pretty much the same bottle here. Personally, I haven't had one. I drew the line at really old Mort Subite bottles. Dat waffle tho...

The whole Belle-Vue thing is a giant rat's nest that we're still trying to untangle. There were SO many labels from back then with even the slightest of variations. I'm 99% sure that given the history of Belle-Vue, that what you had was definitely sweetened/filtered. Forgetfu had one recently in Belgium and brought back pretty much the same bottle here. Personally, I haven't had one. I drew the line at really old Mort Subite bottles. Dat waffle tho...
I have become quite the Liege Belgium waffle aficionado... I even got a new waffle iron! I am rather happy with it. There is lots of good info on this site... https://liegewaffle.wordpress.com/liege-waffle-recipe-liege-gaufre-recette/

I have become quite the Liege Belgium waffle aficionado... I even got a new waffle iron! I am rather happy with it. There is lots of good info on this site... https://liegewaffle.wordpress.com/liege-waffle-recipe-liege-gaufre-recette/

My fiancee orders pearl sugar from Belgium or something just to make these things. They're freaking delicious.

Which reminds me, there will eventually be a new section of the site for cooking with lambics. The amount of cookbooks and recipes out there is staggering.

Is there going to be an entry for Driesjes Eerste Plasje that I read about in that Ghost Whale Tasting?

Is there going to be an entry for Driesjes Eerste Plasje that I read about in that Ghost Whale Tasting?
There won't be, at least not based on current information. As the Lambic.Info project has shown me time and time again, the history and knowledge around vintage lambics is vague, often nothing more than rumor.

There was an update issued to that article (http://allaboutbeer.com/article/ghost-whales/). After it was initially published, a direct source came forward. This is the risk of chasing rare old lambic, but also one of the many benefits to a project like this to help clear up these rumors. It appears that the bottle was a custom labeled 3F gueuze to celebrate the birth of a local lambic fan's twins. There are actually two versions, a gueuze for the boy and a kriek for the girl. But, the point is that it's not a unique lambic based on that. It was misinformation.

I do still have some questions about that though, as 1998 3F Gueuze was cork and caged, but the Driesjes Eerste Plasje was cork and crowned. Also, I've had late 1990's 3F Gueuze multiple times, it this tasted very different. But the updated information was sourced directly and we have no other info to the contrary at the moment to assume it's anything other then a home-labeling.

There was an update issued to that article (http://allaboutbeer.com/article/ghost-whales/). After it was initially published, a direct source came forward. This is the risk of chasing rare old lambic, but also one of the many benefits to a project like this to help clear up these rumors. It appears that the bottle was a custom labeled 3F gueuze to celebrate the birth of a local lambic fan's twins. There are actually two versions, a gueuze for the boy and a kriek for the girl. But, the point is that it's not a unique lambic based on that. It was misinformation..

What's amusing is that the following paragraph now makes almost no sense.

What's amusing is that the following paragraph now makes almost no sense.
Ya, i know. Trust me... that beer, and the feedback that came back, was a bit maddening. It was firm and absolute (and annoyed), but I ended up more confused when I broke it down with what I knew.

For now, we're letting it drop because there's not enough information and listing it as a 3F beer without any supporting information will just lead to arguments and likely isn't accurate.

Last edited:
Lambic.Info needs some graphic artist help. Just occasional logo, banner, etc. type stuff

We have an immediate need for a fun event graphic right now. Should be simple.

So far, we've tapped a friend of ours for things like the current facebook banner. But he's busy. If anyone would like to take on a few pictures occasionally, please let @SeaWachman or I know.

Back