Your most-hated song

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KISS is the most over rated band of all time.
Reption of a "hook" doesn't make a band. Nor does plugging in different "personalities" that fit the "image" . They were setup soley to make/market money not music.
Anything by Kiss, especially “I Wanna Rock ‘n’ Roll All Night”.

I read, somewhere, a few years ago that the most hated song in America was “It’s a Small World”.

You’re welcome. :D

tough one, currently probably, cocaine - eric clapton.....i hate that ****.....still listen to it though ocasionally just so i can hate it more....

Well, here's the original version of the song, which was written and recorded by JJ Cale. I do like this one better. How about you? Is it the song you don't like or Clapton singing it that bothers you?

BTW, JJ Cale also wrote and recorded the song After Midnight, which Clapton also covered.

Well, here's the original version of the song, which was written and recorded by JJ Cale. I do like this one better. How about you? Is it the song you don't like or Clapton singing it that bothers you?

BTW, JJ Cale also wrote and recorded the song After Midnight, which Clapton also covered.

i hate drug promoting music....i don't even like george thoroughgood, too many brand references...(strangely, i love drinking homebrew though)

I have moderately severe tinnitus and part of the brain's coping mechanism is endless, jukebox-like audio hallucinations. Its like a non-stop stream of earworms, and even hearing a song I like that I haven't heard in a while can get it stuck in an endless loop. My trick to silence the music is to envision a jukebox, then walk over to it and yank the cord out of the wall. Ahh, silence. That hasn't been working lately so I've been forcing the song to switch to something less 'sticky', and once I can get that looping it will slowly fade out. I also listen to the local jazz station or polish-language station since I dont know any of the songs and they are unlikely to stick.

My all-time worst ear worm tho is limelight by rush. I seriously hate geddy lee's vocal style.

Or Sugarland's Stuck Like Glue.

I was working at a grain elevator when that song was popular, we had a radio in the room that we'd stack seed in. I kept it on a country music station because even though I much prefer country music pre-2000 to country music post 2000, I still like most post-2000 country music more than most other music on the radio.

That awful song was on every half hour.

I'm still traumatized.

I have moderately severe tinnitus and part of the brain's coping mechanism is endless, jukebox-like audio hallucinations. Its like a non-stop stream of earworms, and even hearing a song I like that I haven't heard in a while can get it stuck in an endless loop. My trick to silence the music is to envision a jukebox, then walk over to it and yank the cord out of the wall. Ahh, silence. That hasn't been working lately so I've been forcing the song to switch to something less 'sticky', and once I can get that looping it will slowly fade out. I also listen to the local jazz station or polish-language station since I dont know any of the songs and they are unlikely to stick.

My all-time worst ear worm tho is limelight by rush. I seriously hate geddy lee's vocal style.
JayJay are you serious??? I have that same exact issue. For a few years I have had the looped jukebox playing in my head I cant sleep at night. I thought I was the only one with that problem. It seems to be the last song I heard during the day before bed.

Or Sugarland's Stuck Like Glue.

I was working at a grain elevator when that song was popular, we had a radio in the room that we'd stack seed in. I kept it on a country music station because even though I much prefer country music pre-2000 to country music post 2000, I still like most post-2000 country music more than most other music on the radio.

That awful song was on every half hour.

I'm still traumatized.
My wife loves that song...However the lead singer of Sugarland...I cant stand her voice. Seems shes drawing out the country twang too forcibly...just be real. I mean c'mon , who says Cowfy (coffee) ??

I don't dislike Sugarland like I do Rascal Flatts, but that song was bad, and it was played all the freaking time.

JayJay are you serious??? I have that same exact issue. For a few years I have had the looped jukebox playing in my head I cant sleep at night. I thought I was the only one with that problem. It seems to be the last song I heard during the day before bed.
Do you experience ringing in the ears too? I hear a couple of high-pitched frequencies all the time, though sometimes I only notice them when there is a sudden pitch change. I think it is caused by barometric changes or maybe stress levels. Anyway, I read somewhere that all of the human senses actively try to reorganize and filter the information sent to the brain in a process called "sensory information reduction"; in the case of tinnitus the brain is constantly bombarded by useless sound input (ringing) so your auditory meatus tries to compensate by synthesizing other frequencies to try and desensitize the brain and somehow it draws on sound memories to do so. Information reduction is why when you stare motionless at something and don't blink, your vision field will eventually grey out; its allowing you to react to the more important sensation of movement instead. This is also why people become 'scent blind' to constant smells, it allows them to focus on new or dynamic information, like a fart.

Put me on the severe tinnitus list too.
Funny... I love Pink Floyd upper range guitar, but any type of twangy fiddle, or Bob DYLAN'S harmonica makes me wanna chew nails.

Last edited:

I have tinnitus, too. More in my left ear than the right, but it's there, 24/7. I get those earworms. Brain playing tricks to compensate for the noise, perhaps. If I hear a couple notes of something, the whole song will pop into my head, playing over and over. Even if it's not the actual song, but something that sounds close to part of the melody, it will trigger it. Yesterday I heard a 3-note chime in a store that matched the first three notes of the glockenspiel intro of Strawberry Letter 23. That song stuck around for hours, until the next one segued into the stream.

Do you experience ringing in the ears too? I hear a couple of high-pitched frequencies all the time, though sometimes I only notice them when there is a sudden pitch change. I think it is caused by barometric changes or maybe stress levels. Anyway, I read somewhere that all of the human senses actively try to reorganize and filter the information sent to the brain in a process called "sensory information reduction"; in the case of tinnitus the brain is constantly bombarded by useless sound input (ringing) so your auditory meatus tries to compensate by synthesizing other frequencies to try and desensitize the brain and somehow it draws on sound memories to do so. Information reduction is why when you stare motionless at something and don't blink, your vision field will eventually grey out; its allowing you to react to the more important sensation of movement instead. This is also why people become 'scent blind' to constant smells, it allows them to focus on new or dynamic information, like a fart.
Not all the time. I do get random ringing of the ears, reminds me of in beneath the planet of the apes when the one underground dude blasted taylor with high pitches in his brain. They come on sudden but only last a moment.

Holy ****!
I have severe tinnitus and always wondered why I have the jukebox issue.
I always wake up with a dam song looping and most of the times it’s a real shitty one, sometimes it’s one I like and then can’t listen to for a month or more afterwards! **** changes randomly the whole time I’m awake.

God help me if I dream and there is some g&@amn commercial jingle involved!!!

“So easy you can do it in your underwear”
God I f$&kin hate Give me the Vin!!!!!!

Wow, seems like a lot of people here suffer from tinnitus.. Any of you notice that the ringing and the jukebox get significantly worse when hungover?

Wow, seems like a lot of people here suffer from tinnitus.. Any of you notice that the ringing and the jukebox get significantly worse when hungover?

For me, it's worse with lack of sleep and/ or eating to much salty sugary junk.
But the solid tone is there 24/7.
We could apply all sorts of logic fallacies here - drinking beer causes tinnitus !!:eek:

My baby rides the morning train.... most insipid crap ever conceived by mortals.

Did not think about that one - now it is in my head, it is the only one I can think of right now. Some tone-deaf lady talking about her husband (oops - sorry, it is 2019, so significant other) going to work, and then (surprisingly) coming home... now my brain hurts and I want to gouge my ear drums out with a spoon and it is all be cause of you.....thanks :)

A friend and I actually have a podcast about songs we hate, though I'll refrain from promoting it here as I don't know what the rules around such things are. Currently high in our "worst song" power rankings are Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes - "Home" and Mumford and Sons - "The Banjolin Song."

On my own personal "most hated" rankings would also be Cake - "Sheep Go To Heaven," Yeah Yeah Yeahs - "Off With Your Head," and George Ezra's "Budapest." I could go on at length as to what I hate about each of these songs but I'll spare you all the paragraphs - I genuinely love talking trash about music I hate, though.

Im wondering if there is an actual clinical term for this besides tinnitus. The whole looping jukebox thing. I told my wife about it a couple years ago and she said it was weird. I know I wasn't making it up. Sort of glad to hear that im not the only one who has this. On the other hand, im sorry that anyone else has this same problem. Its really annoying

There is no question, it is the jingle for the Kars for Kids adds on TV and Radio. I can't change the channel fast enough. :eek:

There is no question, it is the jingle for the Kars for Kids adds on TV and Radio. I can't change the channel fast enough. :eek:
I hadnt heard that in years...if i cant sleep tonight because its looping ...thanks a lot

Years ago I thought of compiling a mixed (cassette) tape Of my most hated songs. I was going to title it The Worst of Vomit Rock. Thankfully I never got around to it.

A few candidates:
Billy Don't Be a Hero - Bo Donaldson
Muskrat Love - The Captain and Tennille
MacArthur Park - Richard Harris (lots of folks like it, not me)
Brand New Key - Melanie
Mockingbird - Carly Simon and James Taylor
Two things, one: That is so 70s a list. Two: you would have to own the albums of all of them to do a mix tape. Ew!! :mug:

Anything by Hootie and the Blow Fish.

If I had to pick one of thier worst it would be "Only wanna be with you."

My wife likes to listen to top 40, which to me is the most insidious radio format. I mean, hearing the same 40 songs all day every day for weeks on end? It seems like it was conceived specifically to create earworms.

Two things, one: That is so 70s a list. Two: you would have to own the albums of all of them to do a mix tape. Ew!! :mug:
albums...dude , theres at least Pandora and Spotify for downloading old music...

Anyone who has kids around early 20s knows the most annoying song ... The Barney "I love you " song.

Back