Your most-hated song

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaxStout

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Share the song that irritates you the most. You know, the one that makes you almost drive off the road in a rage when it pops up on Sirius XM, and you can't change the channel fast enough. Then it sets an earworm in your head all day.

Mine: Mambo No. 5 by Lou Bega.

latest

Easy question.

The Immigrant Song by zeppelin. And I fkn love Led Zeppelin but I just can’t do that one. Honorable mention for Jump by Van Halen.

Gloria.

Was a terrible song back when it came out, and it's extremely obnoxious that its been re-popularized locally due to the recent stanley cup win. Radio stations still playing it daily.

Years ago I thought of compiling a mixed (cassette) tape Of my most hated songs. I was going to title it The Worst of Vomit Rock. Thankfully I never got around to it.

A few candidates:
Billy Don't Be a Hero - Bo Donaldson
Muskrat Love - The Captain and Tennille
MacArthur Park - Richard Harris (lots of folks like it, not me)
Brand New Key - Melanie
Mockingbird - Carly Simon and James Taylor

Share the song that irritates you the most. You know, the one that makes you almost drive off the road in a rage when it pops up on Sirius XM, and you can't change the channel fast enough. Then it sets an earworm in your head all day.

Mine: Mambo No. 5 by Lou Bega.

latest
When i taste tequila...i actually accidentally ran a red light while attempting to change the station.

Last edited:
Does Ozzy also include Black Sabbath? Because them there would be fighting words !

Yep! When I was a kid, I thought Sabbath was so cool, I even liked Ozzy's solo stuff for a while; but at some point, I just couldn't stand Ozzy's voice anymore. It's kind of like fingernails on a chalkboard to me now. Same thing for Axel Rose.
Regards, GF.

Years ago I thought of compiling a mixed (cassette) tape Of my most hated songs. I was going to title it The Worst of Vomit Rock. Thankfully I never got around to it.

A few candidates:
Billy Don't Be a Hero - Bo Donaldson
Muskrat Love - The Captain and Tennille
MacArthur Park - Richard Harris (lots of folks like it, not me)
Brand New Key - Melanie
Mockingbird - Carly Simon and James Taylor
Lol. My wife still tells the story of when her son was little and he'd act up in the car, she would sing muskrat love .he would scream and promise to be good if she would stop singing it.

Bette Middler - wind between my cheeks.. i mean "wind beneath my wings."

Elton John - Candles in the wind... or whatever the F that song is called.

Strawberry Wine, or any other country song that sounds like a box of cats getting drown in a bathtub full of body temperature BMC-lite.

The Macarena.
At time of my first wedding, it was still very popular to play at wedding receptions. I told the DJ no Macarena and that if he played it he would not get paid.
And anything by Rod Stewart was also forbidden.

How far back can we go? That really adds to the list.

“One less bell to answer” – 5th Dimension (go ahead and fry that damm egg)

“Ain't no woman like the one I got” – The 4 tops (He’s just THRILLED that she’s low maintenance and obeys him)

“Running Bear” - Johnny Preston (no comment necessary)

You're So Vain... or anything by Carly (huge mouth) Simon for that matter.

Yeah, I got some clouds for your coffee alright...

No. That isn't a song. That is some sort of demonic chant disguised as a children sing along.

No. NO. NOOOOO!!!
Just when my own kids had (mostly) outgrown it, now my nephew is singing it. First thing he says when he walks in the door is "Alexa Baby Shark!". :mad:

Some dumb ass country song, I think it's called Knocking Boots or some stupid crap. Heard it for the first time a couple of weeks ago at work and thought it was stupid, then later in the day when I heard it for the fifth time I truly hated it.

Led Zeppelin - D'yer Maker

I can appreciate them trying something different with that song and LZ is probably my favorite band, but that song is just brutal to listen to.

My baby rides the morning train.... most insipid crap ever conceived by mortals.

tough one, currently probably, cocaine - eric clapton.....i hate that ****.....still listen to it though ocasionally just so i can hate it more....

Back