What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PXL_20231126_013412650.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20231126_021503683.PORTRAIT.jpg

I have to admit, I’ve been looking forward to these two cans all week. Today I’m indulging in one of my favorites, Weihenstephaner Festbier. I already reviewed this recently, so good I’m coming back for more!

I’m always impressed with Weihenstephaner. They just seem to always hit the target right in the Bulls-eye. Every beer I’ve ever drank that had the Weihenstephaner name on it was perfect for style and execution. This from the World’s Oldest Brewery, since 1040. Plenty of time to get it right!

To conceptualize that, the National Institutes of Health places human generations at 26.9 years on average. Let’s see, 2023-1040 = 983 years. Divide that by 26.9 and you have over 36 generations of humans brewing at the location attributed to and beginning with the Weihenstephaner Monastery monks. 36 generations of thirsty brewing perfectionists in our midst. Your Great Grandparents drank Weihenstephaner. Your Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great Grandparents drank Weihenstephaner. They ALL drank Weihenstephaner! Now a Bavarian state asset. Unreal!

As I have watched historic brewery after historic American brewer shutter and close, victims of the times and equity managers, I appreciate more and more the European foresight to keep historic breweries alive and well. They really are a big piece of our past, it is sickening and sad to see them destroyed and disrespected in this country the way they are.

IMG_5960.jpeg

Tonight I left a little early, therefore no beer drinking, however I have something better! A big box on my doorstep - with a don’t open until December 1 label from my three WELL-TRAINED daughters! Last year this time an identical box arrived - a Beer Advent Calendar!!!!

So it looks like December 1 through 25 beer tastings are in the queue! Excellent! Stay tuned!

IMG_5972.jpeg

Back