What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So frick’n good. Can’t decide if I can part with one for the fellowship 🧐

IMG_1064.jpeg

Like I said before, Weihenstephaner is one of the most reliable brewers on the planet. Their Helles and Pilsner are right on the money and so is this exceptional Original Premium, a delicious golden lager from The World’s Oldest Brewery. Not to be confused with The Worlds Oldest Profession! I guess that came a little before brewing!

OK, OK, my beer writing is a little bit punchy tonight. It’s only because I’m so excited about that brown cardboard box sitting in the background behind tonight’s beer libation. Tomorrow is December 1 – Yes that’s right – Day number ONE of this month’s BEER ADVENT CALENDAR! For those of you out in the beer Boonies, my sincere and heartfelt understanding of your dire predicament. I will hereby describe these delicious examples to you on a nightly basis for you to envision and pretend you are drinking and enjoying throughout the holiday season! Ho, Ho, Ho !!!

Also a call out for my three WELL TRAINED DAUGHTERS who made this event happen for all you beer enthusiasts and degenerates out there alike - no matter what Boonies you are stuck in!

Once again, a perfect beer from Weihenstephaner. It is everything you want in a Golden Lager. Plus it’s in my favorite dark bottle to keep for homebrewing as well. Prost!

IMG_5991.jpeg

ISO Beer that finally arrived in Austin. After having thousands of different beers over the decades this doesn't have the WOW factor as one would have in 2007. Surprisingly, there's a lot of licorice to my taste buds. Maybe 4 bottles of Lemoncello at 20% would've been more worthy at that price. 🫣

As a brewer, the admiration is in the creation.

PXL_20231201_045553897.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

Last edited:
ISO Beer that finally arrived in Austin. After having thousands of different beers over the decades this doesn't have the WOW factor as one would have in 2007. Surprisingly, there's a lot of licorice to my taste buds. Maybe 4 bottles of Lemoncello at 20% would've been more worthy at that price. 🫣

As a brewer, the administration is in the creation.

View attachment 835286
Had the same thought when I had it. Like many white whale beers, they never seem to live up to the expectation I’ve built.

Well, with these 24-day Advent Calendars, I have a new name for the holiday season… It’s DECEMBERFEST !!!! What a great thing from my daughters, thank you girls!

The December 1 pull is Export Hell from Privatbrauerei J.B. Falter Regen KG, based out of Regen Germany. Since 1649, this brew house has been cranking out great beers like this 5.3% ABV Export Hell. This is really a fantastic grainy Helles, great way to kick off the season! Decent head, beautiful lacing that looks like a wedding dress. Flavor is spot on, body is a little lighter than other Helles beers I’ve had the pleasure of glugging.

An interesting sidebar - this Advent Calendar box features beers from independent family-owned breweries from Germany. My kind of box!

1516 Reinheitsgebot compliant, the can says it all – Das Beste Für Alle – Well, that one is sure easy to translate! Prost!

IMG_6010.jpeg
IMG_6011.jpeg

1.png

Advent Calendar local to the Cincinnati area. December 1. “Fear the Sunset,” Kings County Brewers Colletive, Brooklyn, NY KCBCBEER.com
Imperial Stout with Coffee, Coconut, Vanilla, Hazelnuts and Milk Sugar, Barley, Oats, and Rye.
16.0% ABV! Rich, creamy smooth mouthfeel, chocolate foremost.
Even SWMBO likes it, and she cannot stand coffee.
Foam subsides quickly, but good lacing.Definitely worth trying.

A well-deserved good strong but not overly hoppy IPA after Christmas decoration shopping with the wife... not gifts, just decorations...

I had to do a double-take on that image. At first I thought you had poured yourself a pitcher of that good strong IPA.
NTTAWWT.

Back