What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First faculty meeting of the year done, brew day prep almost completed, pork chops grilled, mango habanero salsa in the blender. Deserves a pre 5pm double ipa.

White Ferrari from The Veil. Definitely one of the best neipas I’ve had.

IMG_0894.jpeg

AlexKAy says: "Right now stocks are low, but I still have 7 beers (stout, Dunkel, schwarz, rauch, grodz, adjunct lager, Baltic Porter) good enough to serve to company, plus another 10 or so that are on tap and objectively ok, but that I’m not necessarily happy with."

Alex you are the man! (unless you're a womam) I'm able to chill/serve 5 cornies in my upright but it is rare that I have 5 ready at the same time. Only three on now, and I'd serve them to guests, but totally understand the "objectively ok, but that I’m not necessarily happy with."

On a related note... a while ago I made 4 gallons of saison thinking to take it to a bbq last weekend. Decided not to. It was too good to waste upon the philistines.
‚too good to waste on the philistines‘ . Hahaha . That‘s gold !!

Today’s chug is Golden Road’s Mango Cart, a fruity beer first brought to my attention by my kids. I guess I shouldn’t be using the word kid, we were all at a Big Bad VooDoo Daddy concert outdoors in the Southern California weather, the usual weather we have, not the impending disaster named Hillary currently barreling down upon us. The storm I mean.

I guess I’m a bit of a dinosaur, they aren’t really kids, they were buying their own at the window. So that qualifies them as adults I suppose. Buy your own suds, and you’re a Grup. That’s dating me too.

Anyway, as a beer drinker how do I describe this? Last one I had at the concert I was thirsty, so a $17 can of beer actually sounded reasonable at the time. What was I thinking? Mango Cart is a delicious fruity Mango Wheat Ale, 4.0% ABV. Seems sort of like those juice boxes kids drink with a little bit more zing. I wasn’t really thinking beer here, more like fizzy sweet fruit juice. The kind of beer punch sipping 15 year old girls sneak at their cousin’s wedding.

So in the vein of Pyramid Brewing, only fizzier, sweeter and lighter, may I please present to you Mango Cart. Anyone can drink this, a great beer to have around for hesitant drinkers when you’re trying to easily please the crowd.

IMG_4984.jpeg

Back