What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A recent local fav from a brand new brewery. Fort Bend, Texas Thunder Stout
image-2417475270.jpg

A recent local fav from a brand new brewery. Fort Bend, Texas Thunder Stout

That's the best one from them. I haven't been impressed with their line up yet but ill still try their stuff.

Having one of wes black ipa. (Old version lol) still a slight hop nose with malt, chocolate, little coffee. The taste: still some bitterness but mild. There is like a citrus chocolate taste. Coco on the finish. This aged well and I'm enjoying it.

ForumRunner_20130517_232657.png

DisturbdChemist said:
That's the best one from them. I haven't been impressed with their line up yet but ill still try their stuff.

Having one of wes black ipa. (Old version lol) still a slight hop nose with malt, chocolate, little coffee. The taste: still some bitterness but mild. There is like a citrus chocolate taste. Coco on the finish. This aged well and I'm enjoying it.

Glad you enjoyed it. It definitely tastes better now after it has turned into whatever it is now than it did fresh as an IPA.

Channel66 said:
Sweet stout marinated, moose steak rubbed with chicory coffee and peppercorn, fired over oak, With a glass of said sweet stout.

Beautiful Maine day for some moose steak.

WooHoo! HBT is back up and now I can be jealous of what you're having right now. ;)
I've always wanted to try moose.

Haven't been able to get on here all day for some reason... So I've had these:

Ska ESB:

ForumRunner_20130518_172059.png

I really enjoyed this, not exactly remarkable but it slipped down well.

Fordham Tavern Ale:

ForumRunner_20130518_172109.png

Really good this one, I will definitely try and get some more.

Ska True Blonde:

ForumRunner_20130518_172126.png

Currently drinking the True Blonde. It's OK I guess, would have been better if it was hot and sunny though.

A sample of a mild from LHBS while picking up ingredients for the Belgian Wit we're brewing today. Planning to mainly hop with EKG, but also picked up an ounce of citra. Good idea/bad idea to add that as a late addition/dry hop?

WooHoo! HBT is back up and now I can be jealous of what you're having right now. ;)
I've always wanted to try moose.

Moose is great. This was a young bull he weighed in around 600lb nice and tender. When you get up to about 900-1200lb or more older bulls it can be pretty tough and gamey, but still tasty, good for stew, burgers etc.

Moose is great. This was a young bull he weighed in around 600lb nice and tender. When you get up to about 900-1200lb or more older bulls it can be pretty tough and gamey, but still tasty, good for stew, burgers etc.

I've always wanted to try moose, also. How similar is it to elk?

Back