What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love wild game. I hunt deer here in Texas, but would love one day to head up north for a moose hunt. Moose and reindeer are on my list of things to hunt before I die.

Next time I get a moose permit in the lottery I will keep you in mind! I can put you down as an assistant/spotter and transfer it to you. Makes it a heck of a lot cheaper for ya. I get one every few years, I put in every year. You're almost guaranteed a kill up in these parts too. Just gotta get lucky to get the license.

This while taking a OG reading.

ForumRunner_20130518_181258.jpg

Channel66 said:
Next time I get a moose permit in the lottery I will keep you in mind! I can put you down as an assistant/spotter and transfer it to you. Makes it a heck of a lot cheaper for ya. I get one every few years, I put in every year. You're almost guaranteed a kill up in these parts too. Just gotta get lucky to get the license.

That would be awesome!

ForumRunner_20130518_183538.jpg

Huge sweet tropical fruit, pine, citrus aroma. The flavor isn't quite as good. Piney, bitter, slightly sweet passion fruit. Overall, it's a little too dry and the bitterness isn't quite balanced. The aroma is awesome though. I probably wouldn't buy it again.

xMalachi said:
At a BMC wedding, not sure why he molested my scotch with so much water. Oh well, still has some scotch flavor.

I don't even like scotch and I can't stand to see that. ;)

Drinking aBourbon Barrel Aged Vanilla Bean Dark Lord!! And by "Bourbon Barrel Aged Vanilla Bean" I mean Peanut Butter, and by Dark Lord, I mean Milkshake...

That sounds incredible, and the pic certainly does it justice!

Thanks, I'm ashamed of the dirty glass.

But I've been drinking since lunch time, and I'm at the point that cleaning finger prints off my glasses isn't likely to happen.

20130515_213919_Hagrid.jpg

Last beer for the night, gotta be in the lab early tomorrow. Tracking mutations in alcohol stressed yeast cells. What a fun project.

I sat on this way to long no aroma at all well maybe I should of drank something other then an ipa after that Vermonster and crushed my taste buds lol oh well still taste pretty good.....well I think it does dam the 10% is catching up to me I'm sleeping like a baby tonight lol

image-1498484348.jpg

WesleyS said:
I'll have to try that. I really like their Southern Pecan.

Pick it up for sure. It is a rye DIPA, you just get a touch of rye and a crap-ton of DIPA. Great beer, definitely worth a try.

Drinking a MT beer, Blackfoot River's Leap of Faith Imperial IPA. Corked and caged bottle that I was lucky enough to get from one of the owners this week, hand-numbered bottle 22 of 30. 10+ ABV and 150 IBU Magnum/Cascade, shes a sipper.

Part 2 of another(night) of 1/3 of a bomber of Two Bros. 16th anniversary 16% belgian golden. Its pretty drinkable and quite good belgian golden. Good malt/yeast/maybe hop character overriding any alcohol/booziness.Finishes strong but spiceyness with some sweetish malt seems to dominate that. Good fruit/clove character as well.

Smacked-up a Brooklyn Summer Ale, a Sierra Nevada Hoptimum 2013 and two Sierra Nevada Torpedos.

Sierra Nevada and Russian River collaboration Brux! Nicely crisp and dry finish! Was hoping for a bit more funk, but still solid! Probably need to cellar a couple!

Drinking a MT beer, Blackfoot River's Leap of Faith Imperial IPA. Corked and caged bottle that I was lucky enough to get from one of the owners this week, hand-numbered bottle 22 of 30. 10+ ABV and 150 IBU Magnum/Cascade, shes a sipper.

Whoa. If they brew this one-off IIPA again they might want to rebrand as a super hoppy American Barleywine. Very reminiscent of SN Bigfoot, only a bit boozier. Helena, MT is kicking my butt right now.

Latest posts

Back