What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Returned a bunch of empties and picked up some Southern Tier Live.

1399232625859.jpg

Dave37 and I have a blend. Boom. This is the porter-heavy kind. 3:1 robust porter to my nut brown.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399233034.308776.jpg

This is interesting. Bretty and malty sweet with a hint of barrel I don't think this has Brett but it starts out funky ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399234119.779361.jpg

My oaked Spinning Piledriver RIS.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399234226.470288.jpg

I wasn't kidding when I asked if anyone needed home brew.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399234255.034382.jpg
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399234266.759065.jpg
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399234279.457407.jpg

Just picked up 14lbs of grain, to make a beer for my house warming party. Closing on the 19th and can't wait to get back to "city" living!

Figueroa Mountain Danish Red Lager. I wasn't sure what a Danish lager was but it turns out to be an excellent Vienna Lager. Very well balanced and perfect for the weather today

1399234658160.jpg

That sounds good, which version do you like best? The porter heavy or brown heavy? Thinking about doing something like that for my wife

I prefer the brown-heavy. But each has it's own, distinct flavor. You really get the flavor hops from the porter-heavy version and more nuttiness from the brown-heavy version. It's great.

Nice buffalo sweat glass!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Thanks. I see more beer brewing in my future and can't wait.

I hear you. Once I moved into a way bigger house, half of it became a brewery. :D

14 batches already this year.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399236287.631954.jpg first all grain California steam I hope they all come out as good as this one !

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I prefer the brown-heavy. But each has it's own, distinct flavor. You really get the flavor hops from the porter-heavy version and more nuttiness from the brown-heavy version. It's great.

Might try this, I'll get to keep a bunch of porter for myself :D. My s/o isn't big into beer but loves reds and Nut Browns, so always looking for an excuse to brew some extra.

I rarely buy beer anymore, why pay for something I make for pennies on the dollar, but I sometimes support new local breweries. Here's a very good beer from one of those places. I now have over 20 local micro breweries within 50 miles of me

image.jpg

A friend's first batch...chestnut brown ale.

It's a little foamy (as you can see), but not bad. Better than my first batch, I'd say.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399239160.501657.jpg

Sent from my iThingy using a series of tubes.

Was going to have another beer, but SWMBO fixed me a margarita to go with our chorizo fajitas and guacamole. Guess I'll be taking one for the team.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399241408.406349.jpg

Was going to have another beer, but SWMBO fixed me a margarita to go with our chorizo fajitas and guacamole. Guess I'll be taking one for the team.
View attachment 197480

haha SO is making Veggie enchiladas and guacamole but she tried to give me some Sauvignon Blanc and I just don't go that way

Back