What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now onto some dessert. Been taking a page out of DCs book and working on cellar Saturdays. A 2012 Vine, cant say enough about this one

1399178905613.jpg

Taking a moment to appreciate things. The last month has been amazing...had a baby, the baby turned out to be a boy, and the relentless grinding finally paid off with a huge promotion to my dream job. Unfortunately I tore through my cellar this past winter, so a solid semi-local IPA will have to do.

Congratulations! Enjoy that stick while you contemplate your good fortune. R&J never seems to disappoint me

Dogfish Head sixty one. IPA brewed with syrah grape must. Good and very different I've had nothing like it

1399184165715.jpg

Just had a few samples of my latest brews.

Hef - efficiency was insane - finished at 7.6% ABV. Oops.
Quad - already at close to 11% ABV and looking clear as hell. Tastes perfect for the style.
Amarillo IPA - finished a little too dry for my liking, but easy-drinker at 5.8% ABV.
Oud Bruin - 7.9%; pellicle is looking ok and there is a mild tart to it at this stage.
Brett Saison - 7.35% sitting at 1.010. Still have a ways to go. Considerably more funk in the nose from when I took the last sample back in March (had stalled at 1.020).

Pic of the quad.

More Coff!

photo.jpg

It's pretty darn tasty as it sits but given some time I think I'll be very happy, can't wait!

I want to drink mine but I only bought one because it was $20.50 a bottle. I'm thinking of drinking the Riserva now and if it is epic, then buying one to cellar. I need to curb my spending big time on commercial beer that I buy just to age. They're not whales or anything, just good beers that I want to age.

Coffee. I need to go mow the lawn and by mow the lawn, I mean mow the lawn. :cross:

I don't recall it happening but I am fairly certain that a coyote ate me and **** me off a cliff.

Sent from here, because that's where I am.

Milk with a much needed dank breakfast. Had an intense trail ride this morning. BTW, this is probably my favorite hot sauce out there, and its all natural. Texans know what I'm talking about!

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399218642.559775.jpg

Samples of the saison I just bottled and my 7 month old Oud Bruin. Bruin is coming along nicely. Really tart with some brett funk :)

C360_2014-05-04-08-18-34-496.jpg

I don't recall it happening but I am fairly certain that a coyote ate me and **** me off a cliff.

Sent from here, because that's where I am.

I find that resuming drinking is the only way to get past these things. I do admit that stradegy is like a pyramid scheme because eventually you have to stop and go to work or a family function etc and that's when the bottom falls out.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Slept until 10 a.m. this morning...and just caught a 25 minute nap in the car at my son's baseball practice. I guess I'll go watch him for awhile, before it's over. Still on coffee, for all the good it's doing. *yaaaaawwwn*

Coffee followed by another coffee and then an iced coffee. Got home at 3am smelling like pineapple juice and cigars. Tending bar is great weekend $ but, I feel like I went 5 rounds with Mike Tyson. The bad ass one from the 80s not the fat, movie cameo slob from today. :)

Home brewed SMaSH. 14lbs Munich and 2, 2, 1 magnum...tasty.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Coffee. Last night was a bit..... Yeah, well.

A sea hag, two neighbor of the beast, some hb, a pineapple express side project, Sue (imperial smoked porter) and more.

Fun

Back