What are you brewing today/weekend, post pics...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found a new HBS, and I'm trying his Blue Moon clone. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1397341805.572844.jpg

Sent from my van, down by the river.

You just never know what you can find browsing around good will. I kinda feel like Im the odd man out on this forum, what with all the folks who own and love top end gear. I doubt I've spent more than $200 on equipment, and that's mash tun to bottle, all inclusive. Maybe I should do a writeup on how to approach this hobby effectively on a budget.

what else you dopes?!?!

Maibock.jpg

13.4 lbs Avangard pils malt
2 oz Weyerman Sauered malt
1.5 oz Tetnang (Mash)
30 IBU perle 90 mins
1 whirlflock tablet 15 mins
Re-piched german bock yeast
OG 18.4 Plato
2 decoctions! (yay!)

You just never know what you can find browsing around good will. I kinda feel like Im the odd man out on this forum, what with all the folks who own and love top end gear. I doubt I've spent more than $200 on equipment, and that's mash tun to bottle, all inclusive. Maybe I should do a writeup on how to approach this hobby effectively on a budget.

Some of us go overboard on the equipment. However, we all know you can brew good beer with a simple setup. In fact, you should do how to videos with you equipment.

Good luck

That sounds really good. My Saturday is looking like the Fuller's London porter recipe with Irish ale yeast. I'm afraid of bottling with 1968 after reading the giant English yeast thread.

I recently brewed a nut brown with 1968. It is kind of crazy. After 2 days @63 it just quit on me. No airlock activity & the krausen dropped. I put it in a room @ 66 & roused it a couple times over a day. It took off again & worked steady for a week. Ended up @ 1.012 after 12 days, 2 points lower than Beersmith estimate. I'll keg that one friday & brew a dry stout on sunday. Prost!

This weekend I brew Nothing. Camping and drinking homebrew so I have enough empties to bottle 12 gallons next weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I thought it would be fun to take some pics of a brew day. I forgot how busy I get and I completely forgot to take pictures of things like hop additions, wort chilling, pitching, etc. Oh well, it's all in good fun.

Prepping the yeast starter:
small_prepping-starter-62767.jpg

Active starter:
small_4l_starter-62764.jpg

Mash tun:
small_mash-62766.jpg

First run:
small_running_off-62768.jpg

Boiling off about 2 gallons of volume:
small_boil-62765.jpg

Nice pics Teromous, I wish I could be brewing right now. I'm stuck in a high rise office downtown LA thinking about my next brew...

Cheers,

Thanks! For anyone worried about safety, he was awake and in his high chair for everything but the boil. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1397858375.287355.jpg

Great pics! Thanks for giving our thread some life. Equipments nice, but beautiful woman and cute babies make this more interesting.

Good luck on your brewing

This weekend I brew Nothing. Camping and drinking homebrew so I have enough empties to bottle 12 gallons next weekend.

I wish I was camping! It's been too long.
Thanks dlester ;).

Brewing my first lager! A munich helles using WLP860.

Did also a light decoction for some maillard reactions, hope that shines through in the final beer.

Cheers!

1397910046845.jpg

Brewing a Session IPA. I'm not sure how it's going to turn out, but I'm sure it won't be bad. Here is the hop schedule I threw together.
0419141509.jpg

0419141509a.jpg

Dry Irish Stout. Ready to chill now which means it's time for a cold one! Happy Easter!! :mug:stout1.JPG

SO I should be Brewing up an Irish Stout this Sunday. I will try and remember pics. I don't have all the fancy rigs yet. It will be an Extract brew. Third brew in 3 weeks I'm knocking some brews out stocking up for the summer!! ":mug:

Starting my Black IPA on my new brew stand. Here's the starter I cooked up Thirsday night, it was violently fermenting up yesterday afternoon, kind of calm now, more pics of the brew day to come.

image.jpg

Yesterday I brewed a saison with hibiscus, lime, and mandarin oranges.

Here is the colour of the finished wort:
20140426_142030.jpg

Back