What are you brewing today/weekend, post pics...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlester

Reaction score
What are you brewing today or this weekend? After you post your brewing schedule, come back and post a cool pic of you brewing your beer.

To upload a picture: Click Reply, then scroll down to the Additional Options pane, then find the Manage Attachments button and select it. A pop-up panel will prompt you Choose up to five pics from computer files or camera, then Upload them as Attachments.

Thank's for sharing your pics,

_DSC0110.jpg

I'm a couple weeks out from brewing a 6 gal batch of an IPA that I put together. That should be pretty good. I am purchasing a new 10 gallon pot and making some upgrades on gear. When I brew I will post some pics.

Gonna heat strike water in the next couple hours to try my hand at a batch of Benderbrau.

Heading out to garage in an hour to brew my Long Day IPA. This will be my 3rd time doing this one after a few tweeks. Should be delicious! Lots of Columbus/Cent. with Magnum bittering. It's 17 deg. here getting up to 20's. Should be a quick chill today!! :rockin:

Well, you said you wanted pictures, so here is step one of my decoction.

1393083677502.jpg

Knocking out a Rouge Dead Guy Ale, BIAB style, as we speak. Hope the recipe is as good as they say. Happy to say I am pitching with Pacman!

Good brewday! 5.5 gal. in fermenter. 1.065 IPA. Smells great as well. Time to have a few cold ones! :tank:DCFC0001abc.JPG

DCFC0003abcde.JPG

Living life dangerously, brett in the brewery.

Nice, looks great. Don't need to worry about Brett. Brett has never ruined my equipment. There is a very good brewer, judge and owns and HB store, which put brett keggs to the side for use later in fear of ruining beer. I saw that and brewed a sour beer cleaned it and made a Lager to check his theory. Not a bit of sour in the Lager.

Cheers,

Knocking out a Rouge Dead Guy Ale, BIAB style, as we speak. Hope the recipe is as good as they say. Happy to say I am pitching with Pacman!

I heard that's great yeast. Have you used it before? I need to get with the program and use it and some of the new hops.

I heard that's great yeast. Have you used it before? I need to get with the program and use it and some of the new hops.

My House Blonde Ale, while enjoying some DELICIOUS homebrew from the recent swap. (BIAB)

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Home Brew mobile app

1393126375948.jpg

1393126421183.jpg

1393126471691.jpg

I brewed an IIPA last night. Enjoyed some local craft beer and Jameson. I'm the bearded one. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1393185910.415763.jpg ImageUploadedByHome Brew1393185854.940557.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1393185744.881166.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1393185754.471539.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1393185764.169910.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1393185788.567350.jpg(my glass cooktop cracked after the brew. I guess having the heavy pot on the hot glass for a few hours was more than it could handle.)

I brewed an IIPA last night. Enjoyed some local craft beer and Jameson. I'm the bearded one. ... (my glass cooktop cracked after the brew. I guess having the heavy pot on the hot glass for a few hours was more than it could handle.)

Wow, that's a bummer about the cracked cook top. I noticed you have the same counters as me.

Thanks for the pics,

First time using it, have only heard all the good. So far so good, happily bubbling away at 60 deg.
If it's good enough for Rouge it's good enough for me!

Pacman has been an unstoppable force when it shows up in my brewery. Expect 80%+ attenuation no matter what you're doing.

Heading out to garage in an hour to brew my Long Day IPA. This will be my 3rd time doing this one after a few tweeks. Should be delicious! Lots of Columbus/Cent. with Magnum bittering. It's 17 deg. here getting up to 20's. Should be a quick chill today!! :rockin:

Feel like sharing the recipe? I just got a pound each of Columbus and centennial in the mail. I'm looking for inspiration.

Feel like sharing the recipe? I just got a pound each of Columbus and centennial in the mail. I'm looking for inspiration.

Sorry this took awhile! Just saw the post. I do BIAB with a 10 gal. kettle. Not sure how you brew, but Beersmith2 can convert it for you. Hope this gives you some ideas anyway. :mug:

Long Day IPA:

5.5 Gal. in fermenter; 1.065 OG; 1.010 FG; 57 IBU; 10.6 SRM; Mash @ 151 for 75 min.

12 lb. 4 oz. Pale 2 Row
12 oz. Caramel 80L
8 oz. Caramunich II
8 oz. Cara-Pils
.50 oz. Magnum (14.7) @60
1 oz. Columbus (16.3) @15
1 oz. Centennial (10.5) @10
.50 oz. Columbus @ 0
.50 oz. Centennial @ 0
WY1056 w/starter
1.50 oz. Centennial Dryhop 5 days
.50 oz. Columbus Dryhop 5 days
I use Irish Moss & yeast nutrient with 10 min. left in boil

I'm getting ready to brew a Barleywine. I'll post some pics later. 70 and sunny here today. Love it.

Just doughed in on a best bitter. In running out of pale ale and that just won't do.

Worst brew day ever. I've been brewing off and on since 94 and today was my first ever boil over. And it was on the stovetop no less. Finished the boil outside on my TFB so not a huge deal. Just spent an hour pulling the range away from the wall and cleaning every square inch of half of my kitchen. I won't be brewing indoors anymore. And I'm buying a bigger pot. I do have some pre-disaster pics I can post later once I get the rest of it cleaned up. I thought about taking pics of the disaster but I didn't. I just it to be over with.

My brew day:

_dsc0077-62501.jpg

This is a pic of my Mash Tun. Your looking at the wort spraying from the top of the lid. There is a water float used to bring in sparge water and keep it at a certain level so that it doesn't overflow or go below the grains.

I'm a couple weeks out from brewing a 6 gal batch of an IPA that I put together. That should be pretty good. I am purchasing a new 10 gallon pot and making some upgrades on gear. When I brew I will post some pics.

Did you brew your IPA? Got pics? Hit reply and select "Manage Attachments."

Cheers

Brewed an amber tonight. Missed my OG by 2 points but it's close enough. Sorry for the bad pics.

Grains steeping ImageUploadedByHome Brew1394945435.883622.jpg

Boil going strong ImageUploadedByHome Brew1394945482.756723.jpg

2 points off OG ImageUploadedByHome Brew1394945509.442483.jpg

Dundalk Irish Heavy in the pot right now. I'll see about some photos once it is in the primary. One steamy photo is about all I managed today... It is now in the primary bucket and the OG is about two short... seems like a theme today.

1394984249106.jpg

I'm brewing my Bourbon Eise (Ice) Beer. This one is awesome, can't wait till it's finished. Recipe below.

Back