[Version 2 Release] RaspberryPints - Digital Taplist Solution

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello,

My flow meters isn't update the screen. Only update when I open the lxterminal and write this:

cd /var/www/python
python flow_monitor.py

After that and only if the lxterminal is open, the screen is update.

I just add the @/usr/bin/python /var/www/python/flow_monitor.py & in /etc/xdg/lxsession/LXDE/autostart and in the /etc/xdg/lxsession/LXDE-pi/autostart too but doesn't work.

Any idea to solve this?

Last edited:
Good evening. I am also embarking on the project for a digital tap list. So I got myself a raspberry pi 3 b+, which reading through the thread here seems like a mistake. I also got the Arduino Uno board and the swissflow meters, which seem like universally accepted around. I tried to "hack" it, but can't really install Jessie. So, first question is, which is the Raspberry PI version that you guys recommend that I should get for the least level of hassle during install with flow meters? Raspberry Pi 1 Model B? Raspberry Pi 2? thanks!

You have a couple of options: you could stick with your 3B+ and Raspbian Stretch, and reference this post from a few pages back
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum/...-taplist-solution.487694/page-93#post-8378889
which should result in a working kit.

Alternatively, use literally any other Pi model (A, B, B+, 2B, 3B, Zero, Zero W) with Raspbian Jessie and the original RaspberryPints 2.0.1 kit, and reference my post way back here
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum/...-taplist-solution.487694/page-67#post-8040187
for some tips on getting things working with Jessie.

There's also other methods involving retrograde package pointers that would let you install phpmysql5 which goes to the root of the biggest problem with the Stretch package which dumped phpmysql5. Work backwards from here and you should come across them a few pages back...

Cheers!

thanks! I progressed today, but I stumbled post the install of raspberrypints. It threw an error message

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in /var/www/html/pint/install/includes/configprocessor.php:178 Stack trace: #0 {main} thrown in /var/www/html/pint/install/includes/configprocessor.php on line 178

Then I closed the window, tried installing again but greeted with

Welcome to Raspberry Pints!
We noticed that you already have installed RPints. Please select an option from the menu below
However, when I try to login:

This page isn’t working
192.168.0.102 is currently unable to handle this request.

Any help? :(

thanks! I progressed today, but I stumbled post the install of raspberrypints. It threw an error message

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in /var/www/html/pint/install/includes/configprocessor.php:178 Stack trace: #0 {main} thrown in /var/www/html/pint/install/includes/configprocessor.php on line 178

Then I closed the window, tried installing again but greeted with

Welcome to Raspberry Pints!
We noticed that you already have installed RPints. Please select an option from the menu below
However, when I try to login:

This page isn’t working
192.168.0.102 is currently unable to handle this request.

Any help? :(
mysql_connect is one of the things PHP7 dropped that RPints relies on, so you need to choose one of @day_trippr 's suggested solutions above as you now have a PHP5 based installation on a PHP7 system so it's not gonna work.

Cheers,

Kal

I installed the RaspBerry Pints, but after inserting the data on beer, keg and taps, neither information is showing up on the Taplist. What can I do to solve the problem?

I installed the RaspBerry Pints, but after inserting the data on beer, keg and taps, neither information is showing up on the Taplist. What can I do to solve the problem?

We're gonna need more info bud. What hardware are you running? What version software are you running, etc.

The most common cause of this is an improper character in the beer description. Delete the entire description and just put a test word in and see if things display correctly. You may need to do it to all of the beers you've entered to make it work.

The most common cause of this is an improper character in the beer description. Delete the entire description and just put a test word in and see if things display correctly. You may need to do it to all of the beers you've entered to make it work.
I'm not using an improper character in the beer description.
I reinstalled using the "SAMPLE DATA" option, but even making changes to the beers that are sampled, no longer appears on the Tap List.

tap list.jpg
To both day_trippr, and kaljade, thank you so much for helping a long-time lurker get this project working! I'm running it on a 3 with Jessie, and people love it! Some day, I'll install the flowmeters as well, but today, I think I'll sit back with a pint, and enjoy what you've helped me build! Sorry about the blurriness, it was a long night.

Last edited:
Welcome monkey820! This whole forum is full of helpful people and most of us started off just like you by having a crack at it! (except day_trippr of course who is the HBT god that knew all of this stuff since the beginning).

@RandR+

Hi RandR+ ive been through posts Pages 91-current trying to install RPints on Pi3B+ with stretch followed your instructions in the Zip file. in general it goes well but i get this error:

Validating Entries...Success!
Checking DB connectivity...Success Connecting to Database!
Checking config folder permissions...Success!
Update config files...Success!
Update admin config files...Success!
Creating RPints database...Success!
Creating RPints database user...
Cannot Create User[RaspberryPints]: Access denied for user 'RaspberryPints'@'%' (using password: YES)

Please press the back button on your browser to fix these errors

If I go into Maria DB and type the "SELECT * FROM raspberrypints.users;" command i get "ERROR 1146 (42S02): Table 'raspberrypints.users' doesn't exist"

Have you got any idea where i have gone wrong to get this error?

PS i have got this to work on my Pi1 thanks to help on this forum! (im doing this for a friend and couldn't get my cloned Jessie to run). You guys keeping this going Rock!!!

@Scott_H

That is odd. are you following the instruction or running the setup file I had? I need to look at the post again to see what is going on.

Sorry if I didn't search enough but I'm a bit confused.

I tried using some cheap chinese flow meters and had less than stellar results. So I bought a pair of SF800 meters.

As I wait them to arrive I'm planning the setup. The part that confuses me: is the pull-up resistor needed?

It seems that with the Alamode they don't make a difference, but what about when using the Uno?

lol - we had a discussion about this not far back (started with post 3702).
The Alamode is every bit an Uno and some more, so nearly anything that applies to one applies to the other.
Bottom line is you should use the pull-up resistor on either if you want to totally eliminate that as a potential issue...

Cheers!

@Scott_H

That is odd. are you following the instruction or running the setup file I had? I need to look at the post again to see what is going on.

I am following the "instruction - stretch" file in the Github repository. Happy to try the other method if you can direct me to the file (there were a couple there) my skills are mostly self taught and somewhat limited.

lol - we had a discussion about this not far back (started with post 3702).
The Alamode is every bit an Uno and some more, so nearly anything that applies to one applies to the other.
Bottom line is you should use the pull-up resistor on either if you want to totally eliminate that as a potential issue...

Cheers!
Are you sure you used a pull-up resistor in your build? [emoji6]

Wanted to give a shout out to all the help ya'll provided. Didn't think I was ever going to get this going on "Raspbian Pixel" but I knew "wheezy" with a pi3 patch wasn't going to cut it! Hey day_trippr, do you have a post to setup pir with screen blanking, then waking up with the sensor ? TKS

keg%20color-L.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
She's even cuter in the larger form :D

[...]Hey day_trippr, do you have a post to setup pir with screen blanking, then waking up with the sensor ?
TKS

I wish I had started a separate thread for the PIR setup but that's water over the dam now.
Start here:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum/...-taplist-solution.456809/page-20#post-6029665

It's been a couple of years at least since I looked at that part of the old R'Pints thread but if memory serves the only change that had to be made since then is to locate the startup file in the proper auto-start folder - which has changed at least three times for LXDE and will surely be different again for the Pixel desktop manager. But as you've gotten this far (good job btw :mug:) you should already know which folder to use.

Any problems just post them here...

Cheers!

Would anyone have the Raspberry Jessie image with RaspberryPints installed and working to share?

20181124_211258.jpg
Ladies and Gents...I'm probably getting tired and a bit thick at the same time. I managed to get a PI up and running, php, mysql, raspberrypints..all good. BUT stuck with the flow meter and the arduino board on the hardware part. How the hell, apologies for my French, do I connect the SwissFlow meter with the Arduino Uno?! I need a homebrew urgently

I've been messing around with the keg images (bored) and I'm assuming the colors represent the different liquid levels ? Eg. Green = full/half full, Orange = ?, Red = ?, Yellow = ?

Tap%20List-L.jpg

Last edited:
I've been messing around with the keg images (bored) and I'm assuming the colors represent the different liquid levels ? Eg. Green = full/half full, Orange = ?, Red = ?, Yellow = ?

keg%20color-L.jpg
I'd have to check the original code to confirm as I added all the other gradients in between on mine to make the transition more subtle (every 5%), but I think the original colours still land in the same place, which is green: 100% - 51%, yellow: 50% - 26%, orange: 25% - 16%, red: 15% - 0.

I'd have to check the original code to confirm as I added all the other gradients in between on mine to make the transition more subtle (every 5%), but I think the original colours still land in the same place, which is green: 100% - 51%, yellow: 50% - 26%, orange: 25% - 16%, red: 15% - 0.
That helps! I'm just going to use the same color image from 100%-16% since the "ounces remaining" is probably more accurate.
Thanks , kaljade.

Today's status. Just kicked the Galaxy "MT" at 4 ounces over, so well under 1% accuracy starting with a weighed volume. Love that...

Cheers!

Don't tell anyone but I'm currently working on adding the keg volume kalculator as an RPints mod, most of the tricky stuff is done now, just had to learn javascript/jQuery to get the tap form nicely interactive.

I'll do a full write up when I've finished.

Cheers,

Kal

That would be great - I'm still using your spreadsheet to crank out the starting volume via net weight/temp/pressure/gravity/etc.
The proof it works is in the "pudding"! :D

Cheers!
[edit] btw, all six kegs were in the green last Wednesday. My boys went straight to the neipas and hammered them like each pour was their last ;)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back