This Really Annoys Me Pet Peeve Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Both of you have too low of a post count and too recent of a join date to make that a valid argument in my book. Do you know why it was ever used?

Its bugs some people so what?...I don't obey my SO by default, so its a stupid moniker in my book...sorry that offends you regardless your ten-yer here.

New pet peeve:..People that get peeved about other peoples pet peeves..:D

Seems like your effectively executing your own rule number 3...carry on.

Why? Can you lick your eyebrows?

Haha! No. I'm not even a pretty boy - just rough, crude and hairy. A lot of women really dig men who 1) know what they want and aren't afraid to look them in the eyes and ask them for it while being sober, and 2) know how to cook.

But then again, I even flirt with 75 year old married ladies ;-)

I got one to add that may not be popular..... forever now I get annoyed at people that use SWMBO.

Yeah, it's a funny term but I just view it as part of the community jargon.

If I obeyed everything my wife told me, it would reduce about 90% of our fights.

Its bugs some people so what?...I don't obey my SO by default, so its a stupid moniker in my book...sorry that offends you regardless your ten-yer here.

New pet peeve:..People that get peeved about other peoples pet peeves..:D

Seems like your effectively executing your own rule number 3...carry on.

I don't really care about it per say. I was kidding......I haven't used in long time. This was a cool funny thing ten years ago.

Hmm rule 3 ?

I also wanted to sort of pull rank on you both....with that argument. You guys are n00bs...

I tend not to obey, I tend to ignore. My brewery is 3 hours south of of her. So I only obey my thirst.

My brewery is at my work apartment. So Monday thru Friday I'm King.

Just to derail this "debate" that's starting, a question and observation: Who pronounces it "swim-bo"?
I thought bout it and realize it rhymes with bimbo...coincidence? I think not.

I don't really care about it per say. I was kidding......I haven't used in long time. This was a cool funny thing ten years ago.

Hmm rule 3 ?

I also wanted to sort of pull rank on you both....with that argument. You guys are n00bs...

I tend not to obey, I tend to ignore. My brewery is 3 hours south of of her. So I only obey my thirst.

My brewery is at my work apartment. So Monday thru Friday I'm King.

I wasn't aware your post count qualified you as a n00b.....I have some years of knowledge under my belt so I really don't consider myself that. No worries about pulling rank, do so as you must. :mug:

Any member of the family, not living in the house, that thinks they can barge in unanounced and/or abuse sparekeys to let themselves in.

You call before you come over, and you damn well wait till we open the door to let you in...my privacy is not yours to invade whenever you damn well please.

the wife and I had to let mother in law stand outside for 15 minutes once, trying to get this to sink in....

I wasn't aware your post count qualified you as a n00b.....I have some years of knowledge under my belt so I really don't consider myself that. No worries about pulling rank, do so as you must. :mug:

Mind you this was mainly in jest. The acronym was commonly used 10 years ago. Neither of you have been around long or when it was used quite frequently.

Notice I didn't use "It" out of respect for your pet peeve. :D

n00b to HBT to me, doesn't imply a lack of experience or knowledge. Denny Conn joined HBT a several years back... at the time n00b to the forum yes to brewing no.

Pet peeve: People who make assumptions about others, based on their post count and/or membership date.

I have learned things here (and on other forums) from people with only a few posts under their belts. I have also seen long-time members with thousands of posts say some some pretty stupid shiat. I've likely done so myself. So what?

I am far more interested in what knowledge a person brings to the table. I don't give a rip how long they have been a member.

Pet peeve: People who make assumptions about others, based on their post count and/or membership date.

I have learned things here (and on other forums) from people with only a few posts under their belts. I have also seen long-time members with thousands of posts say some some pretty stupid shiat. I've likely done so myself. So what?

I am far more interested in what knowledge a person brings to the table. I don't give a rip how long they have been a member.

I sort of agree, except when a newbie comes and asks "why don't you contribute something useful to this thread?" without reading to see that I have made hundreds of useful posts to this thread - perhaps not during the past two weeks, though. That will get me to raise up the hairs on my back for a minute.

I sort of agree, except when a newbie comes and asks "why don't you contribute something useful to this thread?" without reading to see that I have made hundreds of useful posts to this thread - perhaps not during the past two weeks, though. That will get me to raise up the hairs on my back for a minute.

Podz...can you Pleeeese post something useful to this thread? :D love ya man!

A bunch of us were sitting around the patio, drinking my homebrew. Someone my son invited over, told me he was kind of picky about what he drinks. Then I about fell off my shoes when he said "I usually drink Corona." He really liked my Pre-Prohibition Lager, and drank that the whole time he was there. Then, adding insult to injury, he asked "where can I buy this?", as if he really didn't believe that I brewed it!

Talking to machines when I need a real person. Or being told that the wait time is 1 hour 20 minutes.

Dominos 5 minutes from my apartment told me this one time for delivery. When I told them never mind if pick up the pizza the wait time switched to 25minutes. Yum, Fresh!

[*]Americans that walk down the left side of an aisle, row, hallway... we drive on the right. Walk on the right.
[/LIST]

People that treat hallways like roads and refuse to walk on anything but the right side. It's not a road and it doesn't matter. They can step just as easily out of my way as I can theirs.

People that treat hallways like roads and refuse to walk on anything but the right side. It's not a road and it doesn't matter. They can step just as easily out of my way as I can theirs.

Our elementary school "trained" us to walk specifically on the right hand side. I always kind of thought it was weird. Now I can't go to shopping malls because of it. People walking both directions, or just shuffling around aimlessly like a zombie, makes me way too frustrated to be in public.

Our elementary school "trained" us to walk specifically on the right hand side. I always kind of thought it was weird. Now I can't go to shopping malls because of it. People walking both directions, or just shuffling around aimlessly like a zombie, makes me way too frustrated to be in public.

Too much prescribed order for me.

That reminds me of one...

Slow walkers. Grr.

I mean, sure. If you're 90 years old, you can go slow.

If you're my age, and in reasonably healthy condition, pick up the gawddurn pace!

The only place it REALLY bothers me is when using escalators on any sort of metro rail system. I lived in DC for years and commuted via metro, and the ettiquette was that if you want to stand on the escalator, you do so on the right side so that people with some place to be can walk past you. Dealing with people on the weekend or holidays, or in other cities who have never heard of this courtesy is maddening.

Total opposite here - walk in a semblance of order, that way people aren't crashing into each other. You don't know how many times I have stopped when I see someone coming right at me and just let them walk into me. I look at them like "I dare you to say anything." Look where you are going, don't walk into people, and the easiest way to do that is to follow the "rule of the road" & walk on your right.

I'm wondering if you are saying this in general or directing it at me. Look at post number 403...

Well, they mention a use of an acronym annoys them. It's use was prevalent way before they became members.

That's my only point to push back on the annoyance. Like it really matters.....The people still using it probably have been members longer.

Yes, I mentioned their post count and membership time but only in reference to old HBT vernacular usage.

What assumptions did you assume I made?

I never made any assumptions, other than the unmentionable acronym. That you actually assumed to be what they stated was annoying.

:D

Seriously, I don't care about either things. (post count or membership duration) They don't mean squat in my opinion. New people can teach new ways of doing things. A new perspective is good.

Total opposite here - walk in a semblance of order, that way people aren't crashing into each other. You don't know how many times I have stopped when I see someone coming right at me and just let them walk into me. I look at them like "I dare you to say anything." Look where you are going, don't walk into people, and the easiest way to do that is to follow the "rule of the road" & walk on your right.
That's fun, isn't it?

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you've got a stature similar to mine. 6'0", 300 lbs, and a 54" chest. Your "average" size guy walks into me, it damn near knocks them on their ass, and doesn't knock me back a step.

No, I'm not that big. I just know how to both brace myself (because I know what's coming, they don't) and to also deflect them off of me.

I did stop one lady from walking right into me by stomping my foot on the sidewalk to get her attention. She looked at me like I was Satan incarnate - but she saw me & didn't crash into me.

:)

That's fun, isn't it?

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you've got a stature similar to mine. 6'0", 300 lbs, and a 54" chest. Your "average" size guy walks into me, it damn near knocks them on their ass, and doesn't knock me back a step.

Same. 6'1", 250. A few years a go I went back to grad school in my early 30s and was baffled by the number of 130lb kids who would walk in groups 4.or 5 abreast and just walk straight into me, bouncing off like raquetballs.

That's fun, isn't it?

Same. 6'1", 250. A few years a go I went back to grad school in my early 30s and was baffled by the number of 130lb kids on campus who would walk in groups 4.or 5 abreast, not paying attention, and just walk straight into me, bouncing off like raquetballs.

I'm wondering if you are saying this in general or directing it at me. Look at post number 403...

Well, they mention a use of an acronym annoys them. It's use was prevalent way before they became members.

That's my only point to push back on the annoyance. Like it really matters.....The people still using it probably have been members longer.

Yes, I mentioned their post count and membership time but only in reference to old HBT vernacular usage.

What assumptions did you assume I made?

I never made any assumptions, other than the unmentionable acronym. That you actually assumed to be what they stated was annoying.

:D

Seriously, I don't care about either things. (post count or membership duration) They don't mean squat in my opinion. New people can teach new ways of doing things. A new perspective is good.

Total backpedal but we except your apologies..:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back