This Really Annoys Me Pet Peeve Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, uh....what about this?

I've decided that vests serve no functional purpose.
I've never in my life walked around outside in chilly weather thinking "man, my core is super comfortable, but my arms are just BURNING UP!!"

Conversely, every time I throw on a vest as part of my wardrobe and spend any significant time outside, I wind up with cold arms.

If it's a suitvest, fine. If you want to show off your guns, fine. But otherwise, buying a vest is just paying the same price for a garment without arms on it.

Also, you might be mistaken for a John Denver fan.

People that work off of only assumptions, then get mad when their assumptions aren't true and things they did based on those assumptions are useless/a waste.

People that work off of only assumptions, then get mad when their assumptions aren't true and things they did based on those assumptions are useless/a waste.

I didn't want to assume what you meant before replying, so I read this three times to make sure my assumption of what you're saying is correct. I think.

Damn it, you made me waste time thinking about this. As if it was important.

:(

:D

Ok, uh....what about this?

I've decided that vests serve no functional purpose.
I've never in my life walked around outside in chilly weather thinking "man, my core is super comfortable, but my arms are just BURNING UP!!"

Conversely, every time I throw on a vest as part of my wardrobe and spend any significant time outside, I wind up with cold arms.

If it's a suitvest, fine. If you want to show off your guns, fine. But otherwise, buying a vest is just paying the same price for a garment without arms on it.

I totally disagree...I have always found them rather delightful in many situations.

Perfict  day Fishing.jpg

I totally disagree...I have always found them rather delightful in many situations.

You're saying that you prefer her wearing that vs. not?

Also, were I to tangle with her in a hypothetical, way too many hooks on that hat, for my taste. I let Mrs. McGirt bring 2 fish hooks into the bedroom. 3, tops.

Any more like this and the mods might have to put NWS in the title and the move thread elsewhere.

She needs a good ole, loud, but-slap....then ask "How's the fish biting?"

:D

Legal disclaimer chipmunk gibberish at the end of a car dealer commercial on the radio.

Good call! We have a radio ad for one of those around here that the "legal gibberish", spoken at least twice as fast as the "regular" ad, is longer than the "regular" ad.

*applauds*

People that think "thumping" the sugar/sweetener packet is the only way to do it, and shaking it is just gauche.

I catch a lot of guff from people for my choice of words.

Such as using the word "guff".

I really have come to dislike Windows 7 & 8. Have to use it at work.

I have a Chromebook, Chromebox and a Linux machine running Lubuntu. I experience little to no problems at home, however they don't do the same things.

It's Java that sucks at work. It's a 50/50 chance that it works throughout the day.

I used to work on a drilling rig that ONLY had sweet tea (which I don't drink) and people were complaining that the sweet tea was not sweet enough to suit them.

I hate people who complain that beer fills them up. No $hit dumba$$. That's so you drink more, but a little slower, and then eat later.

00371943-343957_1000.jpg

:mug:

Throw that thing away and buy yourself a nice set of tools.

If there is one lesson I've learned it is that life is too short to buy crummy tools. Second lesson is to always buy the right tool for the job.

Nothing turns a simple job into a huge clusterfukk like cheap, inappropriate tools.

I freakin' hate these Vermont Teddy Bear commercials.

My wife would say, "WTF!! Why did you get me this?" "Where the bless am I gonna put this thing?" "Hey Buzz, Buzz come here....."

She'd throw the thing to the dog, who loves stuffed animal chew toys. Tears them to pieces.

The guys ham or wink to the camera, like yeah I'm gonna get me some tonight!

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uojoBHjZohI[/ame]

My wife would say, "WTF!! Why did you get me this?" "Where the bless am I gonna put this thing?" "Hey Buzz, Buzz come here....."

She'd throw the thing to dog, who loves stuffed animal chew toys. Tears them to pieces.

The guys ham or wink to the camera, like yeah I'm gonna get me some tonight!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uojoBHjZohI

Maybe it's some kind of sex toy.

My 3 yearold grandson has one of those giant bears - a gift from his uncool grandpa (small g). He's terrified of the damn thing. It sits in a rarely used guest room upstairs at my house. He knows it's up there and won't even consider going up to see if his unky is home. Big hunk of fear bear.

Really annoys me when people don't clean the snow off the top of their car and then take off driving down the highway blowing their snow all over my line of sight.

The worst is when box trucks do this, and it flies off on the highway in huge icy chunks. I think it's actually illegal most places - you could cause a serious wreck that way.

LOL, my grandparents would take all us kids to the factory when I lived in VT during my childhood

No comment on the sex-toy speculations. Go see for yourself

The worst is when box trucks do this, and it flies off on the highway in huge icy chunks. I think it's actually illegal most places - you could cause a serious wreck that way.

I think the best approach is to simply drive appropriately. If you've recently had a heavy snowfall or freezing rain, expect that some of the vehicles on the road with you are going to be shedding sheets/chunks of snow/ice.

I certainly don't expect every driver of every cube van, box truck, and semi-tractor trailer to climb up atop their icy rig and risk their neck scraping off ice and snow. Some of those tractor trailers have more surface area than my driveway! Heck, I don't even bother brushing off the top of my car, and I can reach that. It'll blow off the first time I hit 30/40 mph. And in the case of ice/freezing rain, what, I'm supposed to take an ice scraper to my car's body? Yeah, sure, that'll be great for the paint job. Get real. Open your eyes, keep your distance, and learn to drive in winter weather.

Really annoys me when people don't clean the snow off the top of their car and then take off driving down the highway blowing their snow all over my line of sight.

Good heavens, what do you do when it's actually snowing? That must be terrifying for you!

Good heavens, what do you do when it's actually snowing? That must be terrifying for you!

it is terrifying. hundreds of thousands of projectiles flying at you. ever seen that scene from 300 with the arrows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back