The Big Box of Yum

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What happens if you are allergic to shell fish and somebody sends you a stout made with oyster shells, unknowing you are allergic to shell fish?
I don't want to find out lol
Its a cover my butt policy just in case one of you dudes just happens to drop dead from an allergy

Hey this is serious man! I am so allergic to rabbits it isn't funny. Horrible little beasts. I'll take some shell fish though.

So I guess that rules out my organic sustainable version of HB Unicorn Blood... Blood O' the Hare.
It's hard to bleed those unicorns out in a tree...

I'll take some of the drama out of this.
If your state is named for a pacifist, you're out...

It was quite a thrill.
It's been weeks since I was right about anything... lol

Blizzard. ..
Sorry I haven't put my notes in yet.
They are in the beer room (also known as my son's room, he lives with his mother, btw)
And its cold, so...
Overall liked how you could see changes from the original beer.
Very new experience for me, as beer experiments are limited in my world. Micheladas and beer margaritas are about the only exception.
Took me a while, because I had shared my minimal experience with sours, and then my wife took me to Jester King on my birthday. Whoa, overload!

How does one get in on this party?

I have a local store that carry's over 4,000 micro, craft and import beers (working my way through that list :drunk: ) and I'm more than happy to spread the love. They also have a draft bar and weekly Pint Nights with different craft brewers where $3 buys you a pint and you keep the glassware. Needless to say, my collection of glassware has gotten quite large.

Jungle Jim's Beer Store

I have a local store that carry's over 4,000 micro, craft and import beers (working my way through that list :drunk: ) and I'm more than happy to spread the love. They also have a draft bar and weekly Pint Nights with different craft brewers where $3 buys you a pint and you keep the glassware. Needless to say, my collection of glassware has gotten quite large.

Jungle Jim's Beer Store

I'll be opening up the thread to new comers in about 5 recipients. The thread just closed a few days ago with five more adds. The best bet is to keep tabs on it and in a few weeks add your name to the listing when it opens up.

Jungle Jim's Beer Store

Jungle Jim's is good - but I was disappointed they didn't have any BCBS on Black Friday :(

Jungle Jim's is good - but I was disappointed they didn't have any BCBS on Black Friday :(

Agreed. I talk with the "Beer Guy" on occasion when I am in there and he was surprised they didn't get an allotment this year.

I love going to the pint nights to try new beers and talk to the brewery reps. Occasionally they'll share a lot of good insight into the brew schedules for their feature beers. Also a good opportunity to get beers that are limited release keg only beers.

:mug:

Oo while I'm on the subject, UK, you need to get your post count up above 100. Chances are it will be a few weeks until this opens up again, so you have plenty of time to get 100 posts in.

Bump and hint

The recipient's state experienced a significant event in the 1861-1865 period.

Delivery is scheduled for tomorrow.
"If the Lord is willing and the Creek don't rise"

:mug:I'm glad I'm not the only nerd on here.
Or even the only nerd with a beer belly and receding hairline!

another hint... Box arrived in NM last night... and was in Cali this morning?
Did I mix up the addresses on the 2 boxes I sent out? Or did someone just make the wrong left turn in Albuquerque?
Anyone remember what cartoon that was from?

another hint... Box arrived in NM last night... and was in Cali this morning?
Did I mix up the addresses on the 2 boxes I sent out? Or did someone just make the wrong left turn in Albuquerque?
Anyone remember what cartoon that was from?

Bugs Bunny? And now my first state guess is wrong haha

Ok, well, now everyone knows it is west of the Mississippi...
if they didn't before... lol

Back