The Big Box of Yum

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting first sour choice. Lactic with a punch of salt and coriander. The surette is a really nice example of what a sour can be as well. Fun box Blizz.

I'll try that one next then for comparison.
My jaw is still "sour-cramped"... lol

Ok, blizzard just popped my sour cherry, and I think I liked it!

I think she may have been hesitant when I told her I was a sour virgin, but she sent me the box anyway.
Had the Gose tonight, both by itself and with the strawberry fruit leather.
First sip, had my doubts. By the time I had finished, I think that it is definitely something that grows on you.

Hahahhahahaha! Glad that first sour was a good experience! The Westbrook really hits you in the jaw.

Did you get a lot of strawberry out of the fruit leather? I thought about sending frozen strawberries, but that seemed too pedestrian for the Big Box of Yum.

Some, but not in any way upstaging the Gose.
I had cut it into strips, and ate the strips also. That was an inversion of the tastes. Heavy strawberry but sour.
My assistant brewer got the remainder of the fruit leather this morning.
She approves.

View attachment 1422214003036.jpg

With Snowmageddon on the horizon yesterday, I forgot to open this back up. I'll take up to five new additions. First come, first serve :D

Here goes the Current List as of 1.27.15!

WOBrien - Plymouth Meeting, PA
JohnnyHitch - Suffolk County, NY
Hello - NC
JWerner - Laport, MN
BigMike - Long Island, NY
JTD_419 - Pomeroy, WA
DrPhunk - Rockford, IL
Canti4341 - Plano, TX
BFord - Houston, TX
Leubega - Los Angeles, CA
ColdCrash - Hanover, PA
InvictusBrew - Manhattan Beach, CA
Val214 - Long Beach, CA
BGBC - Jersey City, NJ
IGotSand - Vista, CA
Hawgwild81 - Cabot, AR
NuclearRich - Hampden, CT
ABeasst - Raleigh, NC
FinsFan - Manhattan, KS (Volunteered for multiple shipments as a representative for the middle states, so we can send to him a few different times, hopefully staggers and not back to back)
MedicMang - Athens, OH
DisturbedChemist - Spring, TX
Brew_Dude41 - Columbus, OH
coyote68 - Clune, PA
SavoryChef - Sparks, NV
Atli126 - Louisville, KY
UWDawg13 - Tacoma, WA
mcbaumannerb - Phoenixville, PA
PKincaid – Bakersfield, CA
Jaybird – Redding, CA
TrippleHazzard – Kansas City, MO
Pointcity_Homebrew - West Point MS
EdRoberts - Westfield Indiana
TheCADJockey - Buffalo, NY
Chupidacabra - Nampa, ID (for the next few months for work, normally in Billings MT)

Two More Slots Open!!

Here goes the Current List as of 1.27.15!

Hello - NC
JWerner - Laport, MN
JTD_419 - Pomeroy, WA
DrPhunk - Rockford, IL
Canti4341 - Plano, TX
BFord - Houston, TX
ColdCrash - Hanover, PA
Val214 - Long Beach, CA
BGBC - Jersey City, NJ
IGotSand - Vista, CA
Blizzard - Denver, CO
Hawgwild81 - Cabot, AR
ABeasst - Raleigh, NC
FinsFan - Manhattan, KS (Volunteered for multiple shipments as a representative for the middle states, so we can send to him a few different times, hopefully staggers and not back to back)
MedicMang - Athens, OH
coyote68 - Clune, PA
SavoryChef - Sparks, NV
Atli126 - Louisville, KY
UWDawg13 - Tacoma, WA
Jaybird – Redding, CA

Three More Slots Open!!

Shouldnt blizzard be taken off?

Finally got around to making The Holiday Farmhouse. Since I sent the Randall along I made it in a cocktail shaker. It worked pretty well!

Boulevard Tank 7 plus fresh sage, rosemary, and thyme. It was a winning combo. The herbal character goes well with the saison yeast.

Here goes the Current List as of 2.3.15!

Hello - NC
JWerner - Laport, MN
JTD_419 - Pomeroy, WA
DrPhunk - Rockford, IL
Canti4341 - Plano, TX
BFord - Houston, TX
ColdCrash - Hanover, PA
Val214 - Long Beach, CA
BGBC - Jersey City, NJ
IGotSand - Vista, CA
Hawgwild81 - Cabot, AR
ABeasst - Raleigh, NC
MedicMang - Athens, OH
coyote68 - Clune, PA
SavoryChef - Sparks, NV
Atli126 - Louisville, KY
UWDawg13 - Tacoma, WA
Jaybird – Redding, CA
Chupidacabra - Nampa, ID (for the next few months for work, normally in Billings MT)
MrBeachRoach – Cookeville TN
Banesong - Northern VA

All slots filled

Finally got around to making The Holiday Farmhouse. Since I sent the Randall along I made it in a cocktail shaker. It worked pretty well!

Boulevard Tank 7 plus fresh sage, rosemary, and thyme. It was a winning combo. The herbal character goes well with the saison yeast.

I made one for myself a few weeks ago with rosemary. It was awesome, I need to try it with the sage and thyme.

:mug:

Gah, how do I keep missing this?!?!?! Someone needs to do me a solid and send me a PM when this opens back up again in case I forget to check the thread for a few weeks while "the 5" sort themselves out :)

Activity Indeed!
Apologies all around for the delays that only Jason has been privy to. Ahhhh toddlers...
Biggest panic moment?
Lost HBT recipe file...
Looked for 2 solid days... wife looked for a day, which was good, since it was her fault.
I finally found it in a box of trash, in the garage, waiting on trash day.
Luckily trash day was delayed due to icy roads.

I have asked the wife to refrain from "cleaning" my areas in the future...

This BBOY is headed north today. (Bad idea this time of year?)
So, unless you're in Florida, HI, or South Texas you're still in the mix.

So is everyone going to be available for delivery this week?
Any food allergies or dietary restrictions?

I still don't know what is going on but it could freeze if it comes up this way. Got a few cans in the mail and they were slushies since they sat for half an hour before I got home.

I am allergic to rabbits.

Available in Indiana. My wife has more allergies than I can count, but she doesn't drink beer. I'm allergy-free. I can usually zip out to acquire something that was left at home, but we have a few more weeks of cold before I could assure we'd be past the frozen beer stage.

So goat brain would be ok?

https://www.facebook.com/DockStreetBrewery/posts/444475702350711

Ive had this, and its not bad. Very smoky. I couldn't taste any memories or anything, though.

Pretty sure goats don't have memories. But I also thought they don't have brains. I know they can do this though:

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/102014/1414919459_goat_twisting_neck.gif

You heading to Florida too?

:mug:

Maybe... What do you mean by "too?"

I want to go to Disney too :(

We fell ass backwards into this trip. We booked the airfare first (no game plan, no idea what we were going to do, nothing) through Frontier, who was running a promo for 29.00 each way per person. A week later we saw 20% off hotel rooms and then a month after that free dining. This is the cheapest trip to FLA I've ever taken lol

I didn't realize allergies could come into play at all with this... if there is any chance I could get a rabbit, I think I want to drop out. I'll sneeze for days and probably get a black eye.

I didn't realize allergies could come into play at all with this... if there is any chance I could get a rabbit, I think I want to drop out. I'll sneeze for days and probably get a black eye.

What happens if you are allergic to shell fish and somebody sends you a stout made with oyster shells, unknowing you are allergic to shell fish?
I don't want to find out lol
Its a cover my butt policy just in case one of you dudes just happens to drop dead from an allergy

Back