Swap-O-Rama #6, New Year New Brews!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright, I closed it after Hawgwild. We are at 25. So I'm going to do the drawing and get you all some addresses. I've posted the list of participants in the original post.

Sorry to you fellas that found this a tad late. Please keep an eye on the thread and hopefully you can join next round!

I've been trying to get in on these for awhile now. Seems I always show up late. I finally got in. Can't wait to send some brews out and see what I get.

And a big thanks to TheMan for putting this whole thing together! This is a great way to taste some brews you probably never would of had a chance to otherwise.

Whew, data is all collected. The drawing is done. Sending PM's with your recipient addresses now!

Ive had a few of you ask for the username for the address you got...part of the fun is not knowing. Unless you can deduce on your own obviously.

This is gonna be awesome. I'm super stoked to introduce the person that I received to our local scene. We have the cult brewery here that the whole world knows about (Surly), but we also have quite a few really awesome breweries that have opened up over the last couple years.

MN represent!

Heading to a couple more shops today to finish shopping for this and my eMAW. Gotta hide receipts from SWMBO though!

Done shopping....hopefully ship in the next couple days.....then its time to **** down trades for awhile. $$$$

Done shopping....hopefully ship in the next couple days.....then its time to **** down trades for awhile. $$$$

Yeah after this I'm going on a trading hiatus.. I've said that at least twice in the last 2 months and have granted 2 emaws and a maw and a few trades .... The lady is ready to kill me :-0

Question about shipping growlers: I'm planning on sending out a 1L flip top growler from a local brewery. Any tips on how to prevent it from leaking? Wrap the hell out of it with duct/electrical tape and call it good? (Of course I'll put it in a bag just in case)

Gotta get my recipient the freshest of the fresh!

I know this isn't the right thread to post this but I trust this groups opinion...Going to start a saison with Brett.. Anyone have experience with fruit additions and Brett? Going to split the batch and try it out...Peaches blueberries cherries.. Anything... Trying to get my timing planned out.. Pm me if you have any ideas

Question about shipping growlers: I'm planning on sending out a 1L flip top growler from a local brewery. Any tips on how to prevent it from leaking? Wrap the hell out of it with duct/electrical tape and call it good? (Of course I'll put it in a bag just in case)

I've had success with electrical tape.. Also shrink wrapping the cap on works great if you have access to one.. My homebrew store has a heat gun for some reason and does it for me

Medic, if you want to join ill add you! I wont do the drawing till tomorrow, ran out of time this morning...just post that you're in and send your address!

Just noticed that you sent this today. I appreciate the offer, but with other trades going on, I am going to respectfully decline. I'll watch this thread a little closer next time and join in again next round. See you guys then.

Just black/electrical tape, couple wraps should do.

Heard a ny box bombed my porch.. I'm not home yet but my lady said there was a package... I said no way I'm. Not expecting any beer so soon!!!! I'm pumped to see what I got! Will post a pic when I get home

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1389826957.002681.jpgbigmike started it off with a great South Bay bomb.. Excited to check these out.. Never tried them.. Thanks man!

Glad they all got there safe and sound. Great South Bay is still pretty new but everything they make is drinkable and you've got a few dif styles there. The IPA is really nice.
The Boris the Spider is such a good RIS made locally as well but the brewery isn't big. Still a garage/contract brew type operation I believe.

Oh. One last thing on GSB. They're super homebrewer friendly. Above and beyond. That's one of the big reasons I really like them.

Back