Swap-O-Rama #6, New Year New Brews!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in for another swap as long as it's not just limited to sours.

+1 to fins edit. I don't have ready access to many (worthy) local sours but could definitely do an SSS

I don't have any local sours either, but I did pick up some from Russian River when I was there that I would trade

I like the sss idea...but sours are really tough for some areas.

However, ive always said some rounds just wont be possible for some people. So it would probably be a smaller round. Ill keep it in the running.

Also, I did promise d_nyholm that he could help choose the next round. He did become a member after all. Him and I had discussed a rainbow round per say. Including several different styles based on srm scale essentially. Which I think could be pretty cool.

I don't have any local sours either, but like finfans suggested, I'm sure I could find something outside my recipients distro.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I like the sss idea...but sours are really tough for some areas.

However, ive always said some rounds just wont be possible for some people. So it would probably be a smaller round. Ill keep it in the running.

Also, I did promise d_nyholm that he could help choose the next round. He did become a member after all. Him and I had discussed a rainbow round per say. Including several different styles based on srm scale essentially. Which I think could be pretty cool.

I became a member last week. Do I get a say :D The Rainbow round sounds pretty cool too.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Yeah, I was thinking the next sour swap wouldn't be restricted to local only. Its more about send something you like.

I'd prefer the Rainbow Swap vs. Sour Swap. Sours are not as easy to come by, and the ones that I do find, many others seem to have access to.

Just so everyone knows the Sour swap is a separate swap from the local swap, so TheMan would still have another local swap even if the sour swap happens soon. It is run by Two_Hearted and it was a blast last time. I def want to do it again and I think most everyone who participated would agree.

I have no problem with a sss swap other than I do not really like sours and saisons are meh. :)

I would be up for it if we were able to say whether or not we like sours or not and go from there. Maybe we can sub out the sours with something else like IPA/IIPA or a style we like individually?

When we send our addresses over, just put our preferences there and TheMan can send that in the on to the grantor? Let me know what you think of that instead?

Alright dudes, I'm consulting with TheMan and the mods to get their blessings on another sour swap. More info to follow. While I'm consulting...any thoughts on volumes? I hear you all with not restricting it to local sours. I'm thinking of keeping it small as sours can be pricey and in short supply.

Alright dudes, I'm consulting with TheMan and the mods to get their blessings on another sour swap. More info to follow. While I'm consulting...any thoughts on volumes? I hear you all with not restricting it to local sours. I'm thinking of keeping it small as sours can be pricey and in short supply.

I think a minimum of 60 ounces of sours, so you can get 5 small bottles or 3 big ones.

Just so everyone knows the Sour swap is a separate swap from the local swap, so TheMan would still have another local swap even if the sour swap happens soon. It is run by Two_Hearted and it was a blast last time. I def want to do it again and I think most everyone who participated would agree.

I was actually meaning id do a sour swap at some point haha. But I think two_hearted is going to do one soon.

The rainbow idea is most likely.

When do you think swap #7 will be starting? Going on a purchasing spree shortly and would love to start stocking up for it.

LOL!

To quote another HBT'er "At this point, I think a heroin addiction would be cheaper!"

Ever hear of craftshack.com..... Ugh! Why did I even get started! Been stocking up ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396034382.114022.jpg

This will be good for me because I can get CCB stuff with no real distro outside of FL.

TD

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Never fear, the swap o rama will return! Ill try to get it moving soon, this week or next.

Latest posts

Back