Swap-O-Rama #3, ANTI LOCAL!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trying again...

ForumRunner_20130813_205310.png

Not to rub it in...but this stuff is awesome. Wow, thanks again indytruks! A truly underrated ipa.

Not sure why all my pics turn sideways, but whatever.

Woohoo, I think its the best IPA being made in Texas right now. My wife and I have volunteered there since they opened. Glad you enjoy it, it may not be heady or ghandi, but I'll drink it all day long.

Woohoo, I think its the best IPA being made in Texas right now. My wife and I have volunteered there since they opened. Glad you enjoy it, it may not be heady or ghandi, but I'll drink it all day long.

I think the deep ellum ipa is better...but this one is right there with it

My boxes have arrived! I have to wait until afyer work to inspect them but they don't look too banged up.

My boxes have arrived! I have to wait until afyer work to inspect them but they don't look too banged up.

Awesome glad they arrived safely! I was gonna PM you the description of everything but I guess now Ill have to wait till you open the box up. Enjoy

Awesome glad they arrived safely! I was gonna PM you the description of everything but I guess now Ill have to wait till you open the box up. Enjoy

Thanks tflew! I cut out of work early just to open the box. I am very excited to try these this coming weekend.

I will post a picture of contents later today.

20130814_162422.jpg

tflew is one awesome dude!

Thanks again and as you can see some have already been in the fridge...

20130814_162422.jpg

tflew is one awesome dude!

Thanks again and as you can see some have already been in the fridge...

wow. that's a nice set. Wipeout - extremely good, Alesmith - delicious, Pliny - as we all know, w00t - perfect. much better than the R&R etc etc etc

Brother Ben from greenbush is one of my favorite imperial ipa's from a good up and coming small brewery in sawyer Michigan!!

I'm drinking the Anti-Hero that came in my box. This beer is legit! One of the best balanced IPA's I've had.

Its great stuff, I sent some to indytruks too

They are both gone haha. I really enjoyed them. Also opened the Rosa hibiscus, it was good too, the guys in my homebrew club tried it and were really surprised it was almost 6%. I'm having some beer buddies over Saturday, I expect the majority of the rest will be opened then.

Brother Ben from greenbush is one of my favorite imperial ipa's from a good up and coming small brewery in sawyer Michigan!!

Doing a tasting this weekend with a few friends and will save that one for everyone to try. Had the milkshake stout last night, glad there are 2, a very good stout. Cheers

If I am correct, there should just be one box left to land. The details on this one are known by myself, the sender, and receiver. This should wrap up late next week.

Everyone did great. As I said, ill start round #4 in September. Ill try to come up with something really fun for the next round since it will be a few weeks till it starts.

In the meantime, feel free to keep sharing pics and tasting reviews of the stuff you got. I always like to know what other unknown brewery seems like its pumping out great stuff.

For myself, deep ellum was so great. And austin beerworks has been rock solid too. If your trading with someone in texas, ask about these breweries.

Looking good!!!

Great to see another successful round.
Going for the even rounds so hopefully i continue my streak! lol

Cheers to all who participated!

♩♪♫♬ I am the last one, I am the last one ♩♪♫♬ :)

I got a 60 min, 90 min and 120 min IPA from Dogfish Head and I think its a good comparison. The 60min is good, but I find the 90min more balanced and smoother. The 120 seems a little sweet for an IPA to me. They all have the same aroma tho. If it weren't for this swap, I wouldn't even have a chance to try these.

♩♪♫♬ I am the last one, I am the last one ♩♪♫♬ :)

You're a lucky man. Wish i was last . I'd love to be the last one to post my pic. Half the other dudes' beer will be gone and you'll be just getting yours.

Had some awesome beers from TheMan last night.

Revolution Bottom Up-not usually a huge wheat fan but this was phenomenal, tons of flavor and I got a lot of citrus.

Daisy Cutter Pale- another awesome beer, almost ipanlevel flavor and aroma. I could drink a ton of this beer!

Brewery Vivant Farmhand- TheMan killed it with these beers, this was a great farmhouse beer, slight funk characteristics that I love in a farmhouse.

Thank you Justin, some damn good beers.

Back