Swap-O-Rama #3, ANTI LOCAL!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So for the next swap when Sept. rolls around how about sending 5-6 beers or whatever ounce limit from the same local brewery, but all different beers. It might be interesting to get all a brewery offers instead of just their flagship

So for the next swap when Sept. rolls around how about sending 5-6 beers or whatever ounce limit from the same local brewery, but all different beers. It might be interesting to get all a brewery offers instead of just their flagship

It's a fun idea but some of the best local brewerys in my area only release a few beers in cans/bottles so it would be hard.

image-670594785.jpg

At work constantly refreshing this tread wondering who got a sweet package today. Girlfriend just sent me this pic to torture me. I have to wait till 6 pm to unpack the goodness inside.

Awesome haul waiting for me when I got home today! Everything made it safely too

image-1254528782.jpg

image-3518409938.jpg

Just out of curiosity, who wants to tell what styles they asked their sender to exclude? I left mine wide open because there isn't a specific style of beer that I don't like and I wanted to try whatever my sender likes the most.

Just out of curiosity, who wants to tell what styles they asked their sender to exclude? I left mine wide open because there isn't a specific style of beer that I don't like and I wanted to try whatever my sender likes the most.

I excluded wet hopped beers. I keep trying them and have yet to find one I think is really good. Every other style I have found an example I like.

Same. I love all beer styles the same. Except 1a to 1c, I have tried enough of those when I was younger. But I don't think I will find one of those in my box, whenever it shows up.

I excluded ipa's. I know, i must be crazy, but they all taste the same to me. I wish I could have said "more sours please" .

Barleywine. Just don't get the style, its not for me. I dig nearly everything else. Idk, barleywines taste like cheap perfume to me, and that phase of my life I'd like to keep behind me.

image-2749170064.jpg

What an awesome haul from my Ohio sender (Jen Vossler)? Sooo... Much good stuff in this package. A few Founders! Hoppin frog! The two Rivertown bottles look delicious. Resin is always a treat. Dark horse brews look promising and some Mad tree and two brothers. Woohoo... It's going to be a great weekend.

Attachments

• image-2394063376.jpg
    image-2394063376.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 105
  • image-953814552.jpg
    image-953814552.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 107
I excluded lagers. Not because I don't like a lager every now and then, but aside from a black lager, I never met one where I said 'Damn, that's a good lager!'. I'm open to be proven wrong on that ;)

I asked for no lagers. I don't hate them, but I haven't ever had one where I was like, WOW, I have to have more of that.

I excluded lagers. Not because I don't like a lager every now and then, but aside from a black lager, I never met one where I said 'Damn, that's a good lager!'. I'm open to be proven wrong on that ;)

Now that is a freaking coincidence. I posted mine and there yours was and I was like, "that's not what I typed".

brewmeister13 said:
Now that is a freaking coincidence. I posted mine and there yours was and I was like, "that's not what I typed".

My recipient excluded lagers also, which I almost broke the rules on because Wynkoop Brewing makes a tasty Black Lager. I didn't send it, but would recommend to anyone who has a chance to try it.

val214 said:
What an awesome haul from my Ohio sender (Jen Vossler)? Sooo... Much good stuff in this package. A few Founders! Hoppin frog! The two Rivertown bottles look delicious. Resin is always a treat. Dark horse brews look promising and some Mad tree and two brothers. Woohoo... It's going to be a great weekend.

Awesome, glad you like them! My wife (Jen) shipped them for me. I know it's anti local but I wanted to ship some good Ohio and Michigan stuff.

Wow lots of lager haters! I kid. My recip asked for no lagers as well. I'm not sure if that meant only ales? Or were pilseners, bocks, and märzens still on the table? I kept it safe and found plenty of good ales to send, but I was curious.

mhurst111 said:

My thoughts exactly.

I can't wait to get home this afternoon to open my box. Sorry to make you wait for the big reveal.

Wow lots of lager haters! I kid. My recip asked for no lagers as well. I'm not sure if that meant only ales? Or were pilseners, bocks, and märzens still on the table? I kept it safe and found plenty of good ales to send, but I was curious.

I thought about excluding lagers, but I was afraid that might eliminate some of the others you mentioned above. I love bocks and doppel's. I guess I could have been specific as to which types of lagers, but I wasn't sure since this is my first time. I also figured, like some other people mentioned, that no one would throw BMC in the box. :D

Although, I was really tempted to throw in a Yuengling (as kind of a joke,but not totally) because it's a staple here here in PA and my recipient can't get it. I was already over my 200 oz. and didn't have any more room in the box.

Again..... I am so jacked up about my guy getting his box today! Fed Ex tracking says it's on the vehicle for delivery!!!!

I had excluded stouts cause the ones I have tried I could hardly drink. But it figures that a few days after I said that, I found a couple stouts that I like.

My recipient asked for no american lagers. That definitely keeps the doors open for other types of lagered beer.

Awesome haul waiting for me when I got home today! Everything made it safely too

I am glad you like it! I forgot to include a sheet that explained them so I'll post something when I am not at work. There is a bag of coasters floating around the box too.

Got mine!!!!!!! Hell yeah.... I have never heard of most of these, so I'm super excited (see pic) to try some new stuff! I can't wait to get into the the Anti-Hero and the Ten Pin Porter! I'm also a huge fan of Moose Drool, so I'll be looking forward to those. Can't thank you enough Wickman6!

20130810_153008.jpg

20130810_152924.jpg

20130810_151256.jpg

My recipient excluded lagers also, which I almost broke the rules on because Wynkoop Brewing makes a tasty Black Lager. I didn't send it, but would recommend to anyone who has a chance to try it.

It's not like people were going to send Budweiser, there are a ton of good lagers out there worth trying. I told my person to send what they feel represents their area the best. If they sent a style I am not thrilled about I still want to try it to see why they sent it. So far I have loved everything!

Got my package! They wrapped it way better than I had wrapped mine, took me 30 min to get all the goodness out. I am excited to try all of these. Especially the Pumking, sounds interesting. Thanks for the brews!

ForumRunner_20130810_151913.jpg

ForumRunner_20130810_151930.jpg

I finally got to open my box from mhurst111! He got it to me a week ago, but I was out of town. Dude! You sent a ton of beer! Awesome beer too. I get out to Colorado usually once a year and try as much beer as I can. I've only had 2 of these! (Modus hoperandi which I've had once and freakin love! And Odell's 5 barrel which I also love).

Super excited for the crooked stave! These all look amazing and can't wait to try them. Thanks! This swap rocks!

image-513929522.jpg

image-1042877124.jpg

image-113619501.jpg

G-love, the homebrew is my take on an American Stout. I tried to emulate il Vicino lusty stout, which my wife fell in love with while on our honeymoon in Albuquerque. Hope you like it!

I tried to find more brown ales for you, but it seems you can get a lot of them. I'm glad you are excited! It almost killed me knowing it was on your porch since yesterday. I was anxious to see your loot!

G-love, the homebrew is my take on an American Stout. I tried to emulate il Vicino lusty stout, which my wife fell in love with while on our honeymoon in Albuquerque. Hope you like it!

I tried to find more brown ales for you, but it seems you can get a lot of them. I'm glad you are excited! It almost killed me knowing it was on your porch since yesterday. I was anxious to see your loot!

hahahaha... I bet you were dying. Now I know why you were concerned about my neighbors! LOL!

You did well man. Seriously, can't thank you enough! I'm excited to try another person's homebrew. I've only ever tried one other from someone else.

hahahaha... I bet you were dying. Now I know why you were concerned about my neighbors! LOL!

You did well man. Seriously, can't thank you enough! I'm excited to try another person's homebrew. I've only ever tried one other from someone else.

That stout is pretty good now, but a little more age on it should smooth it out a bit. Just kegged it a couple weeks ago, and there's a ton of roast and chocolate malt in it.

Got my package! They wrapped it way better than I had wrapped mine, took me 30 min to get all the goodness out. I am excited to try all of these. Especially the Pumking, sounds interesting. Thanks for the brews!

My wrapping was OCD, I know. LOL.

I wrote you a note and forgot to include it. I bought the Heady direct from the cannery on a trip up north 3 weeks ago, so it's fresh. The Pumking is easily my favorite pumpkin beer. The 120 minute is a 2011, so it's got a little age on it. I actually like that after it lays down for a while. I thought the 60, 90, 120 would be a good combo for contrast.

Enjoy man!

Back