Sunday Morning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today will bring decent weather, so brewing is a must, as far as I'm concerned. I'm going to shoot for two barleywines. Grain and hops are weighed out, just need to fill some kettles and start crushing.

I'm brewing a barleywine this morning as well. Best of luck to you!

Actually did a blonde ale instead. Need to sanitise the cocoa nibs and vanilla beans for the stout. Decided to experiment and used captain Morgan's spiced rum for that.

Next week I'll make the muntons stout from the kit n kilo can.

Bacon and pancakes for breakfast, then cutting some firewood, and then off on a beer tour. Should be a pretty good day!

Hope every one has a great Sunday!

:mug:

This Sunday morning will have me drinking coffee with swmbo then off to the gym for work out then shower shave and off to church. After that we will play it by ear. Happy Sunday all.

Relaxing morning on the couch. Need some extra time before getting up after a really busy Saturday of putting together a trampoline, ruining Cat5 in the attic for additional security cameras and for my brewpi in the garage.

So far a pretty quiet Sunday today. Took care of a brew session, kicked off a fresh batch of cider, kegged a beer, and cold crashed another beer yesterday, and got everything cleaned up then, so nothing beer related to do today besides drink! :mug:

Somehow the wife, baby, and dogs are all sleeping in this morning, so I'm just drinking my coffee and enjoying the quiet while it lasts.

Keeping an eye on the new lager in the cool storage room. Temp didn't drop like I expected with a towel draped over the carboy, so trying to get it below 60. (Room is 49* but the fermenter was at 61 under the towel.) Coffee, breakfast, start a round of feeding houseplants, then ???

Enjoy your Sunday!

Fermenters all full, so Just a RDWHAHB and maybe a cigar kinda day...

Slept in, and now having some coffee and waffles. Daughter has a birthday party to go to, so I'll be doing something outside with my son. Might go fishing or to the driving range. Some beers will be drank, and have some apfelwein and beer to take care of later. Have a great day!

SHould be a easy day, I need to get a fishing license and pick up taxes. I will probably keg a pale ale that is crashing also. :mug:

Wish I could do taxes...I'm still waiting on one T4 slip so I can get it over with. Perhaps, if i'm lucky, this should knock about 500 off my debt to the CRA.

For me, today is a day of watching TV and perhaps some gaming.

SHould be a easy day, I need to get a fishing license and pick up taxes. I will probably keg a pale ale that is crashing also. :mug:

This! I'm actually embarrassed to admit that it is almost March and I do not have a fishing license yet. My salty dog father is rolling in his grave right now. Having a newborn and a two year old puts a damper on fishing trips. Oh well, in a few years having two boys to take fishing will be the ticket to go fishing more. At least having two young kids has let me brew more..... because in SWMBO's eyes at least it is something I can do at home. I caught my supply up during my three weeks of bonding time I took off from work. Happy Sunday everyone!

Sunday brewday of course :p.

Doing a Rangpur Witbier with a bunch of fresh zest from this year's harvest. Freshly cracked coriander and a grip of chamomile flowers, should be good. Can't wait!

Recovering from a double brew day yesterday. For some reason I thought it was a good idea to do a 6 gallon semi-biab batch in my boil keggle while mashing a 12 gallon batch of a foreign export stout in the normal mlt. It turned out to be a pain in the ***, but I got it done. Had to drain the biab mash into the new 8 gallon kettle before draining the stout into the boil keggle. It might not have been so bad if I had planned it out better and had my fermenters ready. I don't think I'll be doing that again anytime soon. On the positive side, I have 18 gallons fermenting away after one brew day. Today, I'll be finishing the cleanup.

Had a lazy morning in my house. Spending the afternoon at my fiancee's brother's house and having a late lunch, then hopefully going to sample some good stouts later. Enjoy your Sunday!

All day in the vet with my Shepard today, found a mass on his spleen that is bleeding and are trying to decide what to do. Trying to not get fleeced by the veterinarian mafia . Hope he makes it through and doesn't have the bad malignant cancer. Luckily he is somewhat back to his normal dog self so the bleeding must have slowed.

After quite a storm yesterday that rained me out and lasted most of the night, I woke up to a beautiful morning for a brew day! Everything was still pretty wet out, so I slept in a bit, made breakfast for the family and then got started around 9 am. As I was getting everything setup for the brew day our internet went down, so I lost access to Brewer's Friend, but I quickly setup my phone as a hotspot and was up and running again. Then when I went to pump some strike water into my mash tun to preheat it I discovered that the outside outlet next to my brew area had stopped working, so off to the garage I ran to find an extension cord. A couple of minutes later, and I was back in business. I wasn't going to let anything stand in the way today!

Wound up having an absolutely perfect brew day. I hit all my numbers - temps, gravity, and volume! :ban:

Managed to get 7 kegs disassembled, cleaned, and reassembled during my down time, and I got everything done, clean, and all put away by 2 pm, so all-in-all it only took me 5 hours our there.

Now I'm enjoying a beer, about to cook up some lunch, and then I've got a batch of boozy kombucha I need to tend to later on.

All day in the vet with my Shepard today, found a mass on his spleen that is bleeding and are trying to decide what to do. Trying to not get fleeced by the veterinarian mafia . Hope he makes it through and doesn't have the bad malignant cancer. Luckily he is somewhat back to his normal dog self so the bleeding must have slowed.

Sorry man, good luck.

Got a semi double today - a RIS and a Mead. Still waiting for the mead to hit pitch temps. Using the time to roast coffee. With what started out as a cruddy morning with a neck and back ache has been surprisingly productive!

Pressed the go button on the Picobrew when I got out of bed, took the dogs for a long walk, had breakfast, and did some research online. Crushed the grains for my second batch while the first batch chilled, and fired off the second batch. Went to the store, took the dogs for an adventure, changed the oil on the truck, and did some "stuff" for the brewery.

I got my fridge set downstairs for my 650SS/keg-coupler faucet solution - I'll be switching between two kegs in the fridge and have the top shelf still in place. Coupler shows up tomorrow. Going to have to hit the gym hard to avoid getting fat!

I'm going to spend this unseasonably warm Sunday morning working on my firewood pile. I'm about half way through cutting and splitting a load of logs for next winters heat. After that it's off to my mother in laws to have lunch with her and my oldest step daughter.

It would be nice to be able to finish the day with some horseshoes and a few beers with the neighbors. Hopefully there will be some daylight left.

Some time today I need to look at an older car for a daily driver. A young fellow I know has a Chrysler convertible that sounds like it will fit the bill quite nicely.

First there needs to be some breakfast, and eggs, home fries, sausage patties, toast and good, strong, black coffee sound like a winner today.

I hope everyone enjoys whatever this Sunday morning brings.

This Sunday morning has me watching Spongebob, shamelessly, because I'm 23 and haven't outgrown my inner child ;) This afternoon will be with swmbo, then tonight my brew partner is coming over to bottle our "Witrus" triple-citrus witbier. It turned out pretty nice. Tastes a bit like cleaner, but in a good way.

Painted some new brake drums yesterday. Son has to work today, so idk if I'll have any knowledgable help to get the shoes & hardware on the back. Gotta get my new MSD box installed. Darn harness patch cord was extra. Couple other things to get past e-check. When I do, I'll definitely go for the 5 year registration this time!

Had a lazy morning in my house. Swmbo and the kids went grocery shopping while I ran out to the store. Stopped at a beer store/bar and had a few samples. Dying some easter eggs with the family, then hopefully grilling something up later. Enjoy your Sunday!

This Sunday had me and SWMBO up early for a cup of coffee then we hit the gym for a hour an half. Went back home showered then off to church. We are back home now ready to have some lunch. Then I think we will bbq a pork roast and have a few beers. Enjoy all

This Sunday morning is dawning cold and crisp. Temps are in the upper teens and the sky is nearly completely overcast.

I'm hoping that we will warm up enough to get my rims painted for my MG some time this afternoon. This March has been unseasonably warm and has me really itching to get the little car out of storage early. It needs several issues attended to before it will be road worthy though and I'm hoping to get a jump start on getting them done.

I still have some fire wood that needs to be cut. That seems to be a never ending chore, but one I tend to enjoy if I'm not rushed. The log pile sits on my garden at the moment and needs to be taken care of before it's time for cleaning the chicken coupe for the spring.

Soon Sundays will be spent mowing the lawn and tending the garden, but I hope to get some horseshoes thrown and a few beers consumed late this afternoon. As long as the weather cooperates.

First things first though, Sunday isn't Sunday without a good breakfast, and this Sunday french toast, real maple syrup, some thick sliced Amish bacon, and strong black coffee sound about right to get this day kicked off.

Hope everyone has an enjoyable Sunday!

Chilly in the house this Sunday morning.

Turned on the fireplace and had a nice long coffee with my dog beside me on the couch.

Awesome morning.

I'm currently brewing up some kind of an ale that's going to have 8 oz of chinook leaf hops in it that I need to use up. The bag is about as big as a pillow, and they'll probably soak up like a gallon worth of wort :/

No more leaf hops for me, unless they're free!

While the ale is brewing breakfast is going to be eggs, hash browns, turkey bacon and sausage, and a big mug of earl grey tea.

Watching some college basketball later, then some outdoor stuff after that. Should be a very good day

Working again today. It's nice & quiet and I have the entire bldg to myself, just the way I like it. Maybe I'll have breakfast at the diner after work. After that, exciting things like laundry & house chores. Hope everyone has a great day!
Regards, GF.

I'm putting the wife to work, she will be pulling the dead kudzu with my 2 year old while I feed and seed the lawn and trim bushed and just do normal lawn maintenance for spring. Then we are taking the kids to Greenville, SC for a show, Mickey Mouse and the doorway to magic. My two year old as an obsession with Mickey Mouse club house, so he will freak out (best dad award for the day). Then we will probably eat somewhere down there at some place we don't have at home, then hit the horde at Costco and call it a day.

So far it's been a great day here on California's central coast. I was up a couple of hours before sunrise prepping for the brew day. Got everything ready to go and the strike water heating up now. Brewing up 6 gallons of MoMo (MOsaic Maris Otter) pale ale. Got the animals fed and the coffee on the counter for the wife. We've got my daughter in town for spring break for two weeks, so I picked her up at the airport yesterday. Once I get the mash going I'll pop in to whip up some breakfast for everyone. This afternoon we'll be doing our meal prep for the next couple of weeks, and then headed over to the meat market to get something to throw on the grill for our first cookout of the year. That is, unless it rains, as it might this afternoon, in which case plan B will be Chinese food for dinner. Other than that I've got a saison I need to transfer over to secondary and a hard Kombucha that I need to keg. All in all should be a pretty good and fulfilling Sunday.

Crisp morning in NE Iowa, a touch of frost but warming up in the sun. I'm hoping by lunch time we're well over 40*F, because we're prepping for brew day! Got a brand spankin' new Barley Crusher and Blichmann burner, and today's Equinox brew will be a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, our second AG. We did an extract brew of it before, quite tasty, so we thought we'd see how it tastes AG. The first AG is a lager still in primary, and when we get our new kegging setup (don't have to bottle, yay!) we'll use one of those kegs for lagering in the basement refrigerator.

Enjoy your Sunday, everyone!

Back