So where do we buy ingredients now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still buy most of my ingredients from my LHBS.
Online its usually homebrewing.org or homebrewsupply.com
Austin Homebrew supply is a great option also.

I try to support my local HBS for most purchases but I've also bought from morebeer since 1999 and never had a single complaint with their service or products.

I don't know that you can't buy from NB any longer though, you just don't want to.

I try to support my local HBS for most purchases but I've also bought from morebeer since 1999 and never had a single complaint with their service or products.

I don't know that you can't buy from NB any longer though, you just don't want to.

Ha, good point. I guess I can't bring myself to.

InBev bought them to destroy the homebrewing industry. They couldn't destroy craft brew, so they've switched to homebrewers.

Interesting. What can we expect to happen now? Will the prices at NB go up? Or has InBev said heck if we can't beat 'em lets at least try to get a few bucks out of the home brew market?

Midwest was also part of the acquisition i believe.

Yep, caught me at my game.

Hope you don't like Coca-cola, or anything else in their line-up. Or else you may find yourself very low on moral choice.

Might also want to look into any other beer brands that Hartford Distributors has in their lineup as they are most likely on the take by AbInbev too.

Yep, caught me at my game.

Hope you don't like Coca-cola, or anything else in their line-up. Or else you may find yourself very low on moral choice.

There has been no Coca-Cola merger announced, at least not yet. Only rumors. IF they were to announce there would be a long arduous process to get it past the SEC and many foreign equivalents.

There has been no Coca-Cola merger announced, at least not yet. Only rumours.

I did not say there has been. Hence the "you may find" bit. ;)

IF they were to announce there would be a long arduous process to get it past the SEC and many foreign equivalents.

Trivial details. Our Belgian overlords cannot be bothered with such minor intricacies. If they want coca-cola, their legal armada will give them coca-cola.

Interesting. What can we expect to happen now? Will the prices at NB go up? Or has InBev said heck if we can't beat 'em lets at least try to get a few bucks out of the home brew market?

Not much change but all beer recipe kits will now taste like BMC! Also no more corny kegs and tap systems. Just sanke kegs and party taps!

Not much change but all beer recipe kits will now taste like BMC! Also no more corny kegs and tap systems. Just sanke kegs and party taps!

Darn....I was trying to get away from BMC when I started brewing. Full circle.

I have ordered from morebeer, hombrewsupply.com, and farmhousebrewingsupply.com. Good results from all three. I actually never ordered from NB because their prices were almost always higher.

If I have to purchase something that is not carried my my LHBS or is by far over priced, homebrewing.org gets my cash. Best used keg and keg parts source in the country. Prices are great and if in the great lakes region shipping is fast + dirt cheap.

A rep from InBev came today and bought all my gear. They said the new Master Plan is to crush the industry one brewer at a time! :)

Oh well, now that I can't brew I guess it's Bud Light for me!

A rep from InBev came today and bought all my gear. They said the new Master Plan is to crush the industry one brewer at a time! :)

Conundrum. A few million and retirement but can't brew anymore.

It happened to you too ?? Oh lordy I thought I was the only one. May need to start a support group

I like morebeer so much that i'll continue to order even if they become morebud (I meaning the type of bud you can drink :)

I always order over $59 to get free shipping. I order on Wednesday night and my package arrives by 4 pm on Friday for items in stock in Pennsylvania which is 99 percent of everything I order. I really like that you know if it's in stock in PA before ordering. Yeast, with icepacks, is still cold when it arrives.

I buy from Rebel Brewer. Sometimes they ship the day I order. Great quality and ingredient selection.

Edit: I ordered yesterday and my ingredients just arrived! Thanks Tom!

You should buy ingredients where everybody should buy ingredients, your FLHBS.

I don't have a LHBS. It's all mail order or buy off the local brewery. I feel like a mooch when I do that so mail order it is.

Back