small request - names in sig please?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess saying that I'm "paranoid" about using my real name is overstating a bit (more than a bit). But really, I answer to "Bird" everyday, so it's not like it's just a handle. Half the people at work refer to me as just Bird or Birdman.
-Jay

I live in a small town (in Utah), I sit on my community council, and homebrewing is still "illegal" in this state.

The fewer people that can figure out who I am, the better off.

breaking the law, breaking the law

feedthebear said:
I live in a small town (in Utah), I sit on my community council, and homebrewing is still "illegal" in this state.

The fewer people that can figure out who I am, the better off.

breaking the law, breaking the law

I thought if you weren't in the cult, you were presumed to be breaking the law.

Yooper Chick said:
In fact, when I met Wolf in person, I had to remember to ask what his real name was! No problem, really, except I didn't want to call him "Wolf"!

Lorena
And on the way I was wondering, 'Did I ever tell her my name?'

Actually Wolf is my last name. No extra 'f's or 'e's, thank you very much.

In meatspace, I go by my first name. In netspace, I go by my handle. Anyone even slightly intuitive can easily find my first and last name all over this forum. I prefer to keep it at Cheesefood for the unaware. It's paranoia. Schmeh.

I'm often in this forum when i'm drunk and occasionally post things that I wouldn't want people googling my name to find out.

I prefer some level of anonymity. It somehow makes me feel better. Most of my "colleagues" call me Yuri, anyway, so it works here.

I answer most PM's with my real first name, and anyone here who's ever bought anything from me probably has my full name and address.

Sure... I could put my first name in my sig. Wouldn't do anyone much good though since everyone calls me by my middle name.

In reality I am Elvis, but if I put that on my signature everyone would know I was in New Mexico and that would ruin everything. Uhmm, never mind what I just said.

I used to belong to a chat group for people who live in Arizona. We all decided it would be really cool to finally meet in person, so we arranged a get-together that was so successful, we had them every week. It was really odd to finally learn everyone's "real" name, and most of us ended up calling each other by our screen names even in person.

Back