Secret Santa Sour Swap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
blizzard said:
Alright, here we go! I got a sweet box of beers on my porch last night. I tried the kriek last night. Everything arrived nicely chilled since it is 7 degrees here. One small casualty (monks cafe, I think) despite everything being well wrapped. Luckily, that one has decent distro here. Thanks so much! I'm looking forward to getting into the rest of these.

You're welcome.

That's too bad about the monk's, it seemed like such a strong bottle. At least it's distributed there; I know it's not rare but I picked that up from the actual Monk's Cafe (headed there now actually). Maybe it froze and burst....

I'm glad everything else made if, and the break didn't affect the delivery. I had a couple of glasses of KBS before I packed up and forgot to bag everything.

How did you like the Kriek? I haven't had one in awhile.

You're welcome.

That's too bad about the monk's, it seemed like such a strong bottle. At least it's distributed there; I know it's not rare but I picked that up from the actual Monk's Cafe (headed there now actually). Maybe it froze and burst....

Totally possible, since it had to sit out there for a bit before I got home to bring it inside. It wasn't just a broken piece, the whole thing was busted up, but was luckily contained by the bubble wrap. The double box saved it. No wetness on the outside box. The packing and inside box absorbed most of it.

How did you like the Kriek? I haven't had one in awhile.

I enjoyed it. The sour was still pretty subtle, but present. A little funk in there too. It was nice. I really loved the aroma too. It hit me as soon as I opened the bottle. Good stuff.

Why whoever could have shipped me such a lovely package :p ! It came in yesterday and I already enjoyed the Prairie Standard. I've only ever had Merica before this, these guys are killin it. Thanks so much!

Love the glass by the way.

Why whoever could have shipped me such a lovely package :p ! It came in yesterday and I already enjoyed the Prairie Standard. I've only ever had Merica before this, these guys are killin it. Thanks so much!

Looks like Canti killed it again!

I think there's at least two Santas in Oregon participating. I don't think this one is mine though because FedEx and UPS don't show anything coming my way...

Sorry man. Tracking hasn't even updated. Hopefuly the last minute additions make up for the delay. Sorry dude.

Indytrucks hooked it up! Ive been looking for Westbrook Gose for awhile now, now I need to find more it because it's delicious. I'm also super excited about the Jester King picks. Thanks man!

image-2456204910.jpg

image-158745826.jpg

Deep Ellum Gourd Zilla
Community Mosaic IPA
Jester King Das Uberkind
Jester King RU55
Westbrook Gose (So good!)
Prarie Artisan Ales 'Merica

Glad it made it safe, hope you enjoy them all. I thought it was funny I was sending to you since you encouraged me to join haha.

I feel like a cheapass after seeing this package! At least my recipient seemed happy. Nice set...

Glad it made it safe, hope you enjoy them all. I thought it was funny I was sending to you since you encouraged me to join haha.

I was thinking the same thing. Thanks again! Also, is it pretty easy to get Westbrook Gose there? If so, we should do a side trade in a couple of weeks.

Cheers.

I was thinking the same thing. Thanks again! Also, is it pretty easy to get Westbrook Gose there? If so, we should do a side trade in a couple of weeks.

Cheers.

I had to trade to get the Westbrook, unfortunately they do not distribute to TX. I am down to my last few cans, and its soooo good. Glad you liked it.

Probably a question best left for Two Hearted but mine was shipped and received. I'm still waiting on mine but I just got back from a week in CA/Beer Camp so I asked for mine to be held. A big thanks to Two Hearted and to my Secret Santa as I am looking forward to getting mine.

Probably a question best left for Two Hearted but mine was shipped and received. I'm still waiting on mine but I just got back from a week in CA/Beer Camp so I asked for mine to be held. A big thanks to Two Hearted and to my Secret Santa as I am looking forward to getting mine.

Did you get to go to Sierra Nevada beer camp?

I am getting upset with the weather and UPS/Fedex. Both my Friday and Saturday boxes didn't arrive and UPS advised they would get one of them too me today, nope, hopefully Fedex does me right tomorrow.

Your sender held off to make sure you got it after you got back from beer camp. Should be on its way! How was beer camp?

Back