Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have zero doubt regarding Belichick's ability to handle the media. I just think it is a distraction that brings nothing to the table. Ya gotta remember, this is a QB was just released.... by the fckin JETS. The JETS!! I dunno if anyone has noticed but the Jets ain't exactly swimming in "QB depth" and they were thinking, "ehhhh. Yeeeeeah. We're all set. No, no, we're not even gonna try to trade you Tim. You can just walk. Thanks for coming though. Yeah yeah, Jesus' blessings upon you too. Bye." .... and this guy is gonna bring "depth" to the Pats?? Seriously?? That's what we're going with??

I think the four minutes Belichick spent in the news conference is four minutes wasted that Belichick could have been doing something more productive... like scratching his balls.

I don't buy the "practice squad" stuff. Sign a freakin undradted free agent, develop THAT guy and hope you hit paydirt. This is just a waste of a roster spot.

You've got ninety roster spots to play with right now; I can't stand the ****er, but Tebow's got a lot more upside than most of the undrafted kids.

And do you really trust Rex Ryan's judgment here? Can I remind you of this?

SPL477474_014130209--525x415.jpg

I'll trust Josh McDaniel's judgment over the guy who hitched his wagon to Mark Sanchez.

Actually, the Tebow signing is brilliant. He's under a two year contract. So that gives Brady one more year until his skills have declined to the point where he's no longer useful. Then they put Tebow in as starting QB for the second year of his contract, Pats get #1 draft pick and they draft their new QB of the future. See, Belichick is always three steps ahead!

Actually, the Tebow signing is brilliant. He's under a two year contract. So that gives Brady one more year until his skills have declined to the point where he's no longer useful. Then they put Tebow in as starting QB for the second year of his contract, Pats get #1 draft pick and they draft their new QB of the future. See, Belichick is always three steps ahead!

Chshre... I swear to God.... I will stab you RIGHT in the FACE!!!!

:D

ESPN is on location reporting from the parking lot.

Oh Lord.

Help me Jesus.

I need a paper bag.

Dude, relax. Gillette is rougly a 2 hour drive from ESPN. It's not a big deal for them to have someone in the parking lot reporting on a story. They probably stopped there on the way back from lunch. Figured what the hell, there's something approaching a story going on there...

So would I prefer Tim Tebow or Mike Kafka as my third string quarterback? Hmmm, does it matter? Neither one will ever, ever, ever see the field. The upside on Tebow is that he gets to train and learn with Tom Brady. If there is anyone who could help him with mechanics, I would say Tom or Peyton. From what I understand Denver wasn't interested in Tebow. Bury him on the depth chart, let him learn and get something for him in a trade in a year or two. We have given away well trained qb's in the past. Te only reason we got something for Cassell was because he actually got to play. When Tebow is fixed, if he can be, we can get something for him. If he can't be fixed, we lose nothing to cut bait.

All the Patriots do is win ( with this deal)

haha cape must really be in pain today, ill let him take his frustrations out on tannehill. even knowing that he is a STARTER and not a third string QB like tebow, cant suck that bad if you start

I have zero doubt regarding Belichick's ability to handle the media. I just think it is a distraction that brings nothing to the table. Ya gotta remember, this is a QB was just released.... by the fckin JETS. The JETS!! I dunno if anyone has noticed but the Jets ain't exactly swimming in "QB depth" and they were thinking, "ehhhh. Yeeeeeah. We're all set. No, no, we're not even gonna try to trade you Tim. You can just walk. Thanks for coming though. Yeah yeah, Jesus' blessings upon you too. Bye." .... and this guy is gonna bring "depth" to the Pats?? Seriously?? That's what we're going with??

I think the four minutes Belichick spent in the news conference is four minutes wasted that Belichick could have been doing something more productive... like scratching his balls.

I don't buy the "practice squad" stuff. Sign a freakin undradted free agent, develop THAT guy and hope you hit paydirt. This is just a waste of a roster spot.
Whether you love or hate Tebow is irrelevant. He's certainly not as good as his acolytes will tell you but he's not as bad as his haters will state either. And yes, his Defense helped him to win games (moreso in some games than others). He still was able to get it done at crunch time when it counted in spite of his flaws. There is something to be said for that and if you recall, he earned quite a bit of respect from Brady himself for his play. As for the undrafted scrubs you mention... You can't develop that in someone who doesn't have it. And if they *had* it they would have gotten their asses picked up in the late 7 when they were giving away picks for any old thing.

In any event, depth isn't the word. He brings a type of player to practice against that frankly the Patriots can use right now and their investment in him is both miniscule and with zero guaranteed there is no negative on this that I can see. Hell, the joke about him straightening out Gronkowski's shenanigans isn't a bad one even. At least in NE, people aren't inherently evil. When you get to the Jets, what are you really to do? Heck, a perfect example, Favre got to the Jets, he immediately turned to sexually harassing and sending pics of his junk to the help. And yes, I would much rather Tebow than Kafka given the choice.

Relax man. Maybe Belicheck was pushing for that extra grace of God factor to push them over into the next Super Bowl. ;)

Whether you love or hate Tebow is irrelevant. He's certainly not as good as his acolytes will tell you but he's not as bad as his haters will state either. And yes, his Defense helped him to win games (moreso in some games than others). He still was able to get it done at crunch time when it counted in spite of his flaws. There is something to be said for that and if you recall, he earned quite a bit of respect from Brady himself for his play. As for the undrafted scrubs you mention... You can't develop that in someone who doesn't have it. And if they *had* it they would have gotten their asses picked up in the late 7 when they were giving away picks for any old thing.

In any event, depth isn't the word. He brings a type of player to practice against that frankly the Patriots can use right now and their investment in him is both miniscule and with zero guaranteed there is no negative on this that I can see. Hell, the joke about him straightening out Gronkowski's shenanigans isn't a bad one even. At least in NE, people aren't inherently evil. When you get to the Jets, what are you really to do? Heck, a perfect example, Favre got to the Jets, he immediately turned to sexually harassing and sending pics of his junk to the help. And yes, I would much rather Tebow than Kafka given the choice.

Relax man. Maybe Belicheck was pushing for that extra grace of God factor to push them over into the next Super Bowl. ;)

^ zero relevant facts

I think Tannehill looks promising frankly. I don't know that I see him reaching superstar status but he seems like a solid prospect. Since I don't consider Flacco a superstar (regardless of what his paycheck states) I'll peg him as the Flacco of the Dolphins. :)

I think Tannehill looks promising frankly. I don't know that I see him reaching superstar status but he seems like a solid prospect. Since I don't consider Flacco a superstar (regardless of what his paycheck states) I'll peg him as the Flacco of the Dolphins. :)

^ negative amount of relevant facts.

^ zero relevant facts

More relevant facts than your "Suck eggs" comment.

But fine, I'll play along. It's a fact that half of the teams to make the playoffs in the NFC last year used QBs that make plays with their legs as well their arms. Other teams are leaning in that direction as well although I'm not sure I'd count the Jets or the Bills as contenders just yet. ;) If things go as they did this year and they made it then there is a 50% chance by that logic they'd be facing that type of player. It would behoove them to have one on the practice squad. In that respect, even the 2007 bust would be a good practice squad addition for a few teams.

The Pats signing Tebow is like someone walking into the sculpture section of a fine art museum, and taking a huge **** on the floor. No one can appreciate the priceless art. All anyone will do is point and say, "ummm. Is that a pile of ****???" "Ohhh. That? Yeah, it behooves us to have a pile of **** in the middle of the floor." The place ends up smellibg like st!t. People might get **** on theor shoes or even, God forbid, get some **** on the works of art. I don't want **** on the works of art!!!

i didnt think id say this but i actually agree with someones views on this thread haha including all non-sense about tebow, we get it he isnt the perfect player but he also isnt a brady quinn or jamarcus russell, those guys really do suck

Back