Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good lord I can't wait for football season. At least real training camp so there's something to actually argue about. At least then we'll have the gripping excitement of the Jets QB competition to discuss.

I don't think the Jets will be as much of an abortion as we all think. After all, they play in the weakest division in all the land

i dont like the pats but you cant really call them weak. as far as the jets tho, with sanchez at qb they will only continue to get more terrible. you should not have any confidence problems with your self if you play in the NFL!

All kidding aside, there is not another coach in the league that is better suited to take Tebow on and make him a success. How many chants for Tebow do you think you will hear in Foxboro (crickets)?

ugggg... JESUS!!!!!!! I can't do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even I can't do it!!!

WTF are they thinking!?!?!?!

AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sweet mutha a' God!! This has "train-wreck" written alllllll over it. The only thing I can possibly come up with is that they are going to bring him in, try to coach him in SOME WAY... and then pray someone needs a QB before the start of the season and then trade him for a 58th round pick or something.

But sonofa!!!! Ugggggg... even I know that's wishful thinking.

DAMN IT!!

Lol

I was close, Bill Belichick. I was thissss close to spending an entire NFL season free of Tebowmania, or Tebow Time, or whatever ****ing brand stamp ESPN decides to put on all its coverage of the Jesusback. I was really looking forward to it, too. I was gonna watch every game safe in the knowledge that Tim Tebow and the atmospheric layers of heavenly bull**** surrounding him would be off somewhere in Canada or Australia. I was gonna watch the NFL knowing that, somewhere in Munich, Tim Tebow of the Bayern Blitzkrieg was throwing behind Dieter and Eckhart on their crossing patterns. I was gonna be happy.

BUT YOU HAD TO GO AND **** IT ALL UP.

You and your dip**** offensive coordinator, Josh McDaniels, have singlehandedly extended this Tebow business INDEFINITELY. Ohhhhhh, how I loathe you. I can picture you two engineering the whole scheme from Patriots headquarters:

JOSH MCDANIELS: Tebow is a special player, boss! He GETS it. He fits right in with the PATRIOT WAY of doing business. I'm still a genius for drafting him—it's just that no one realizes it yet!

YOU: GRUMBLE GRUMBLE GRUMBLE I'LL MAKE HIM USEFUL AND THEN I'LL BANG HIS MOM GRUMBLE GRUMBLE.

JIM NANTZ: (busts through the door) Hello, friends. Would either of you care for a civilized, dignified handjob?

I bet you think you're all sooooo clever for signing Tebow. I bet you think you'll get plays out of him that no other organization possibly could. You're just that awesome. It's just like when you thought you could salvage Albert Haynesworth, and that TOTALLY worked out.

bill knows what he is doing, all the hype was around tebow after his alright year in denver but now he has a bad image from the jets. if they coach tebow for few years they could trade him to a team that needs him and the pats would come out ahead. now like you said, it is very wishful thinking but bill is no dumby, unfortunately

It's the most logical destination for him. Belicheck and McDaniels are the only two coaches that wanted him in the draft. Both are together in NE so why not pick him up? They signed him for two years for no guaranteed money so they can cut him at their leisure. Belicheck has shown in the past he's perfectly fine being hated so there is zero issue there. There is no cause for QB controversy there unless Brady is knocked out for the season. Technically they can even keep him on the practice squad and try to grow him without even putting him on the 53m roster. Exactly how do they lose here?

In all likelihood he'll not be successful as a QB there. The only place that would have been the case is in Dallas, maybe San Diego... to close games out in the 4th quarter and protect the lead. If they do keep him on the roster, I can't help but wonder if it will be to put him in once Brady has ran up the score a bit to keep him from getting hurt and (perhaps arrogantly) try to produce results doing what he's demonstrated difficulty doing in the past. Kind of a middle finger to the rest of the league.

Explain to me where exactly they're doing something that hurts them? Is it the $0 guaranteed money? Is it the player they both thought they could make something out of and now they're basically getting him without even so much as a draft pick? Are you expecting an actual quarterback controversy... really???

That's not really a reason. And if they did manage to make something out of him (for trade fodder even) it would be a big F U to the rest of the NFL in a sense. That alone makes it worth what they invest in the attempt.

Tebow
tumblr_maqw99VnO41qc81vco1_500.gif

That's not really a reason. And if they did manage to make something out of him (for trade fodder even) it would be a big F U to the rest of the NFL in a sense. That alone makes it worth what they invest in the attempt.

Tebow's going to get a chance to redshirt for a year. After BB's first press conference, the traveling circus that follows Tebow around is going to dissipate, which is what he needs to happen. And, he'll get a chance to learn from BB, Josh McDaniels, and Brady.

Here's my theory on Tebow. Tebow sucks because he had so much success (and received SO MUCH praise) early on in his college career. I don't think he truly understands the things he isn't good at. It's hard to get better when you've been told by millions of people that you can do no wrong.

Tebow is no better a QB today that he was when he was first drafted - and probably not much better than he was in high school. By comparison, look at how Brady has gotten better over the years. Every offseason, he focused on one area where he knew he was weak - not being strong enough, needing to improve his footwork, needing to stop fumbling the ball. The best players have the self-awareness to know the things that they suck at, and to work specifically on getting better in those areas. I'm not convinced that Tebow has had this level of self-awareness.

So, he gets a chance to keep his mouth shut and learn for a year. Maybe a little mop-up duty. Maybe some reps in preseason. If he shows the humility he professes to have, and if he actually shows some improvement, then in 2014 he's playing QB somewhere else.

In the meantime, as ****ty as Tim Tebow is, you'd feel better with him in there than Mike Kafka, if Brady and Ryan Mallett were to both go down.

Or, maybe they just want him to bring peace and love and tranquility into the life of Rob Gronkowski, to calm him the **** down a little bit on his escapades.

You guys are crazy. Tebow will make a GREAT scout team QB. What did they trade for him? A camel and a bag of sand? Too much. Jets got a good deal.

The Jets didn't get jack@#$% for him. The Patriots signed him to a 2 year contract with no guaranteed money. In other words... If he earns a spot he gets paid. Otherwise, they're out nothing but maybe a little coaching time. It's not like they really need to spend it with Brady after over a decade at this point so it's not like they don't have it to spare. Not only that, it seems as if Tebow could be a good addition to the practice squad since (while he isn't as fast as some) he acts the part of the mobile quarterback the league is transitioning towards. Sure, he can't make the passes of an RG3, Kaep, Newton, etc... But that's only half the battle when running practice. He can do the other half quite effectively giving them more opportunity to practice defenses which I'd consider a pretty major plus.

I don't think the Pats traded anything for him. I think the Jets just simply released him and the Pats signed him as a free agent.

Even better. In all honesty he would make a great scout team QB to practice against for the 1st team D. They'll get more exercise and be better prepared to play teams w/ faster QBs. As far as real game experience? Leave him at home.

EDIT: Damnit accidic!

Tebow's going to get a chance to redshirt for a year. After BB's first press conference, the traveling circus that follows Tebow around is going to dissipate, which is what he needs to happen. And, he'll get a chance to learn from BB, Josh McDaniels, and Brady.

Here's my theory on Tebow. Tebow sucks because he had so much success (and received SO MUCH praise) early on in his college career. I don't think he truly understands the things he isn't good at. It's hard to get better when you've been told by millions of people that you can do no wrong.

Tebow is no better a QB today that he was when he was first drafted - and probably not much better than he was in high school. By comparison, look at how Brady has gotten better over the years. Every offseason, he focused on one area where he knew he was weak - not being strong enough, needing to improve his footwork, needing to stop fumbling the ball. The best players have the self-awareness to know the things that they suck at, and to work specifically on getting better in those areas. I'm not convinced that Tebow has had this level of self-awareness.

So, he gets a chance to keep his mouth shut and learn for a year. Maybe a little mop-up duty. Maybe some reps in preseason. If he shows the humility he professes to have, and if he actually shows some improvement, then in 2014 he's playing QB somewhere else.

In the meantime, as ****ty as Tim Tebow is, you'd feel better with him in there than Mike Kafka, if Brady and Ryan Mallett were to both go down.

Or, maybe they just want him to bring peace and love and tranquility into the life of Rob Gronkowski, to calm him the **** down a little bit on his escapades.

no red shirts in the nfl man

Shrug, I never thought he was a bad option period for those reasons. And on some teams he'd actually make a pretty huge difference. Take a team with a Quarterback who gives the game away after getting the lead in the 4th quarter and he's the perfect sub. You *SHOULD* be more likely to run then and he did moderately well at defending the ball in Denver when he didn't have to try to put it in the air.

The Jets didn't get jack@#$% for him. The Patriots signed him to a 2 year contract with no guaranteed money. In other words... If he earns a spot he gets paid. Otherwise, they're out nothing but maybe a little coaching time. It's not like they really need to spend it with Brady after over a decade at this point so it's not like they don't have it to spare. Not only that, it seems as if Tebow could be a good addition to the practice squad since (while he isn't as fast as some) he acts the part of the mobile quarterback the league is transitioning towards. Sure, he can't make the passes of an RG3, Kaep, Newton, etc... But that's only half the battle when running practice. He can do the other half quite effectively giving them more opportunity to practice defenses which I'd consider a pretty major plus.

this is a great point. nobody said he is going to be a starter soon but he adds depth and another skill set for their team to practice against. this will also be great learning experience for him, im sure he did not learn much from rex or mark the past year haha

Back