Name That Skyline - Picture Game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a fairly easy one...

island1.jpg

Stock Exchange Bldg Saint Petersburg Russia

You're very close and I would say correct! Actually it is the Russian Zoological Institute in front of the old Stock Exchange building (just the roof is visible) on Vasilievsky Island in the Neva River.

How did you know?

...and you're up!

This one should keep you guys busy for a few minutes. Even though my son took this pic, it's a "photospot", so don't google-image it or it will pop right up.

[edit: that doofus in the picture is NOT my son, it's his friend; no subirse en el muro derp]

img_0755-2-67595.jpg

Hi wyowolf,
Here's a list of the rules to the game. To clarify rule #4, you may Google search clues appearing in the photo, but don't insert the photo in Google image search.

Correctly guess the current photo, and it's your turn.

1. The first person to correctly guess what skyline is posted will post a photo of a skyline that they choose, once the person confirms the guess is correct.

2. There are no limitations on where the city is or the size of the city. There are people from different countries on this forum so it will make it diverse.

3. If nobody can guess for an extended period such as a few days, then the poster can give hints to keep people guessing, or just reveal the answer and let someone else post.

4. This is an honor system here so let's keep it fair and fun for everyone. No cheating by using SEARCH GOOGLE FOR IMAGE or looking at the IMAGE URL, or any other method.

It's that last point which led me to believe by eyeball only. In other words, if you recognize the place in the picture or guess where it may be, you can offer an answer. Or am I misinterpreting the rules?

At one point the locations were easier so someone here would probably recognize the skyline, but now it has become a google search as much as "I've been there, or recognize that because it's famous"

The gyst is no reverse image searching or using the images URL to backtrack it.

Using google maps or clues from within the photo to google looking for more clues is kosher. If you get it right you get to brag on how you got it. You get more street cred for actually recognizing the location but if you found the magic search phrase to plug into google you still get credit.

Haha yeah that one was too easy. Minky, how'd you decide on Gunnison? And, yes Tele stands for telemark.

Here's my next one, should be fairly easy.
4gY10XE.jpg

Back