Name That Skyline - Picture Game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here we go:

skyline2.jpg

Just going to repost the rules on behalf of the OP, since a fair number of newer people have joined the thread lately:

1. The first person to correctly guess what skyline is posted will post a photo of a skyline that they choose, once the person confirms the guess is correct.

2. There are no limitations on where the city is or the size of the city. There are people from different countries on this forum so it will make it diverse.

3. If nobody can guess for an extended period such as a few days, then the poster can give hints to keep people guessing, or just reveal the answer and let someone else post.

4. This is an honor system here so let's keep it fair and fun for everyone. No cheating by using SEARCH GOOGLE FOR IMAGE or looking at the IMAGE URL, or any other method.

Open question: does that mean no searching based on clues in the image? As long as you're not using meta data etc?

Open question: does that mean no searching based on clues in the image? As long as you're not using meta data etc?

Searching can include googling clues from an image, but not (for instance) right clicking the picture and selecting "Search Google for image".

Paris. That looks a lot like montmarte (i.e., sacre coeur) in the background.

Good eyes sir. That is indeed the Sacre Coeur in the distance. Off to the right is the Eiffle Tower just about visible. This is the view from the Air BnB apartment we stayed in for the Euro group games watching in the (read: big ass screen under the) Eiffle Tower fan zone.

Was a great experience even if they only served Carlsberg at the fan zone.

You're up.

Good eyes sir. That is indeed the Sacre Coeur in the distance.

I lived around Paris, on and off, for almost a year. I spent quite a bit of time on that hill drinking wine and messing with the artists.

Thanks for the clarification, glad I'm not doing anything wrong :)

You're guilty, just come clean. Good for the soul.

And now, a video daily double! Get this one right and you'll get twice the $$

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkvnIzMwXg4[/ame]

I lived around Paris, on and off, for almost a year. I spent quite a bit of time on that hill drinking wine and messing with the artists.
Little jealous, Paris is great, just a shame about the expense and traffic.
Oh and the people...

You're guilty, just come clean. Good for the soul.
I'll do no such thing!

I just looked that up and never would have guessed Idaho in a million years, but it looks like it to me. :)

You'd be amazed what kind of beautiful rivers are tucked in between the potato fields of Idaho.

BINGO! Shoshone Falls, Twin Falls, ID. Good Eye! :mug:
You're up.
Regards, GF.

It was easy. I have paddled the 20 mile stretch of the canyon before. It was one of the most amazing days. Class 4 drops in a deep canyon with waterfalls pouring out the walls of the canyon.

I also used to fly a route that would spend the day in Twin Falls. Another route landed in Twin Falls then onto Sun Valley. I have flown over the falls probably 100 times. Here is an aerial of the falls. Then my skyline to guess.

20090730-IMG_1550.jpg

Skyline.jpg

That is one most bazaar rock formations ever. Looks kinda man made.

I'll go with Manchuria just because it's a cool word.

I gave up and cheated. Pretty cool. Not likely a place I'll visit though, but who knows.

One thing I'll say about this dumb game, which I like: I get to see some places I didn't know about. In orlando they claim it's a small world, but in truth it's larger than I have time for in this lifetime.

Back