Miley Citrus

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could be...if you're expecting rainbow sherbet and eat a bite of Uni, you may (by may I mean will) be surprised!

I SUBMIT......

that.....if the title of this thread had been spelt rite...It would not have had NEAR the life it has.

I probably wouldn't have even clicked on a thread titled "Miley Cyrus" and most of you wouldn't have either...

*Back OT*
Made bang bang shrimp last night...YUM (it is HEAVILY mayonnaise based)

That **** is going on a hoagie bun come lunch time.....

That mayo/thai chili combo would go well on LOTS of things. I am thinking a fried cod sandwich.

College in Michigan has taken down a wrecking ball sculpture due to students riding it like Miley Cyrus. Some of them dressed as her too. Bet there are some nice YouTube videos out there...

By many accounts around here, most students were naked while "riding" it.

College in Michigan has taken down a wrecking ball sculpture due to students riding it like Miley Cyrus. Some of them dressed as her too. Bet there are some nice YouTube videos out there...

By many accounts around here, most students were naked while "riding" it.

I took "dressed as her" as meaning "naked"

ChefRex said:
The Reuben

You may have never heard of a Reuben, but as the croque monsieur is to France, so is the Reuben to New York. They may not be everyone's first choice for a death-row meal, but they'd definitely make a great desert-island sandwich. Here's what goes into it; just balance these ingredients as you like. Try it with thinly sliced pickled onions, too.

Makes 1

Several slices corned or salt beef, such as pastrami
2 slices rye of bread, lightly toasted
Butter, for spreading
American mustard
A big dollop of sauerkraut, warmed after squeezing out the water
A few slices of emmental or Swiss cheese
A dill pickle, sliced

1 Warm the beef through, either under the grill or by placing it in a frying pan over a medium heat with 2 tbsp water.

2 Spread one piece of toast with butter and the other with mustard. Pile the meat on the buttered toast, followed by the sauerkraut, then emmental.

3 Place it under the grill until the cheese has melted, then top with pickle and the other slice of toast. You must cut it in half to see its inner beauty.

Classic!

Yo where's the Russian dressing? Also "several slices" isn't even close. About half a pound is right. And I do like them grilled better than toasted even if that isn't traditional.

Yo where's the Russian dressing? Also "several slices" isn't even close. About half a pound is right. And I do like them grilled better than toasted even if that isn't traditional.

In total agreement with you, i have a jewish deli by work that serves them open faced, if there isn't 1/2 pound on them there isn't an ounce. Place is expensive but so worth it:D

eric19312 said:

Russian dressing? I've always seen it with Thousand Island, or is that the same thing?

Miley is at it again. She was at the iHeartradio event wearing black bikini bottoms and black pasties with a white mesh dress.

So... essentially naked.

And she used a microphone that resembled a banana. I'm guessing she wanted to use a mic shaped like a phal-lick symbol, but they wouldn't go for it.

Please explain.
Der Administrator,
My opinion, i do not eat it and i could count on one hand how many times i consumed it in the last decade.
Fast empty over packaged calories, would you like to supersize that?
Did i mention over packaged that ends up thrown out of a car window?
I remember a few years ago i was walking my dog down a dirt path behind a McD's on Thanksgivings night ( the smell of greasy fries was almost sicking as bloated i was), there was a line around the building! I'm not blaming the break down of american society on fast food but there seems to be a coralation;)

respectfully,you humble servant

Der Administrator,
My opinion, i do not eat it and i could count on one hand how many times i consumed it in the last decade.
I remember a few years ago i was walking my dog down a dirt path behind a McD's on Thanksgivings night ( the smell of greasy fries was almost sicking as bloated i was), there was a line around the building! I'm not blaming the break down of american society on fast food but there seems to be a coralation;)

What did ya eat for Thanksgiving chef?

Der Administrator,

so, after stuffing yourself nearly sick, you give thanks that you're not one of those contemptible people who have to eat fast food because they may not be able to afford a big meal for their families

you are truly blessed

Man I want a Big Mac so bad right now! Maybe Taco Bell.

I gotta jump thru friggin hoops to order what I want: a regular Beef Burrito. not a Supreme or a Smothered or Cantina or 7-Layer or 5-Layer or Volcano or Fresco

Beef Burrito. and I have to order it "Bean Burrito minus Bean plus Meat"

around here it's "Burrito Frijole, sin frijole y con carne"

and they'll STILL eff it up, put rice or sour cream or other foulness in it

so, after stuffing yourself nearly sick, you give thanks that you're not one of those contemptible people who have to eat fast food because they may not be able to afford a big meal for their families

you are truly blessed

No, after spending a truly awesome day with my very large family (i would say 40 is an average thanksgiving celebration and the only time i get to see some of them) I am amazed that McD's does such a brisk business and this was approximately 9pm so i'm not too sure it was people trying to "feed their families" and i never felt any contempt for them.
Edit: not only do i feel no contempt but i felt sorry for them that they could not have enjoyed the day as i did.

Another day spent with my family coming up, everyone's healthy, yes i would say i am truly blessed!

As far as fast food, eat it if you enjoy it, just please don't thow your trash out your window.
Peace,Bob

What did ya eat for Thanksgiving chef?

My usual contribution is a smoked turkey, a few loafs of home made bread and will add a side or pie if i'm so inclined, everyone brings something, it a great day with family and i'm looking forward to it coming up soon.

But getting back to subject;

Thanksgiving sandwich,
Leftover turkey,stuffing, cranberry,mayo maybe a little gravy on rye.
I'm hungry!

Just had a fried egg sandwich. Dress it up with a little mayo and Penzey's Fox Point, and it's a super simple treat. Never fails to satisfy.

I gotta jump thru friggin hoops to order what I want: a regular Beef Burrito. not a Supreme or a Smothered or Cantina or 7-Layer or 5-Layer or Volcano or Fresco

Beef Burrito. and I have to order it "Bean Burrito minus Bean plus Meat"

around here it's "Burrito Frijole, sin frijole y con carne"

and they'll STILL eff it up, put rice or sour cream or other foulness in it

I worked at Taco Bell as a teenager, until I took off my uniform, threw it on the floor, hopped over the counter, flew two birds and told that plastic paint bucket %$#*^ to suck it.

Anyway, this dude came in wanting a beef burrito, no beef, add beans. Okay. A bean burrito. Holy cow! No way. BEEF BURRITO NO BEEF ADD BEANS! Okay. That's a bean burrito. BEEF BURRITO NO BEEF ADD BEANS! YOU RING IT UP! Okay, man. Bean burrito. NO! BEEF BURRITO NO BEEF ADD BEANS! JUST LIKE THAT! I WANT THAT! YOU RING IT UP!

Do you know this guy?

Rancho Steak Burrito for $0.99 was the greatest thing ever at Taco Bell. Years after it was discontinued, a friend who worked there would still make them for me since they still had all the ingredients.

We made the refried beans by cooking beans in a pressure cooker, dumping them in a garbage can and creaming them with scoops of lard and a drill with a paint stirring bit.

Chalupas haven't been on the menus here for nearly a decade but I'm still able to order them.

I worked at Taco Bell as a teenager, until I took off my uniform, threw it on the floor, hopped over the counter, flew two birds and told that plastic paint bucket %$#*^ to suck it.

Anyway, this dude came in wanting a beef burrito, no beef, add beans. Okay. A bean burrito. Holy cow! No way. BEEF BURRITO NO BEEF ADD BEANS! Okay. That's a bean burrito. BEEF BURRITO NO BEEF ADD BEANS! YOU RING IT UP! Okay, man. Bean burrito. NO! BEEF BURRITO NO BEEF ADD BEANS! JUST LIKE THAT! I WANT THAT! YOU RING IT UP!

Do you know this guy?

"Bean Burrito minus Bean plus Meat"

it's NOT a matter of my arguing with Corky in the drive thru because what I want is on the menu, but I'm just being difficult.

I want a BEEF burrito. it's NOT on the menu. it's NOT one of the buttons on their cash register.

it USED to be on the menu. it isn't now. hasn't been for years. but it's the ONLY thing at Taco Bell that I will eat. Don't want rice or beans or crunchy tortilla strips or sour cream or whatever "smothered" is

Beef, cheese, onion, sauce. wrapped in a large flour tortilla.

BEAN burrito is on the menu. it's one of the buttons on the register. but BEEF burrito is NOT.

I try to order a BEEF burrito, and Corky can't seem try to wrap his noodle around it. he asks if I want a a Supreme or a Smothered or Cantina or 7-Layer or 5-Layer or Volcano or Fresco

no. none of those. I want a BEEF burrito. it's made the same way as the BEAN burrito except it has BEEF instead of BEANS & I have to order it that way, or Corky goes Rain Man.

it's NOT a matter of my arguing with Corky in the drive thru because what I want is on the menu, but I'm just being difficult.

I want a BEEF burrito. it's NOT on the menu. it's NOT one of the buttons on their cash register.

it USED to be on the menu. it isn't now. hasn't been for years. but it's the ONLY thing at Taco Bell that I will eat. Don't want rice or beans or crunchy tortilla strips or sour cream or whatever "smothered" is

Beef, cheese, onion, sauce. wrapped in a large flour tortilla.

BEAN burrito is on the menu. it's one of the buttons on the register. but BEEF burrito is NOT.

I try to order a BEEF burrito, and Corky can't seem try to wrap his noodle around it. he asks if I want a a Supreme or a Smothered or Cantina or 7-Layer or 5-Layer or Volcano or Fresco

no. none of those. I want a BEEF burrito. it's made the same way as the BEAN burrito except it has BEEF instead of BEANS & I have to order it that way, or Corky goes Rain Man.

places I go to only serve what is on the menu. Why do you get such special treatment?

places I go to only serve what is on the menu. Why do you get such special treatment?

because I ask. I don't demand; I ask or I special order.

saw a Wendy's commercial for limited time Monterey Ranch chicken, but when I went there for lunch, I didn't see it on the menu.

so I asked, "you guys have the the Monterey Ranch chicken?"

"would you like the combo?"

just because it's not on the menu, doesn't mean they won't serve it.

and just because it's not on the Taco Bell menu, when I ask for "bean burrito, minus the bean, add meat," I get the beef burrito I want. that's how they ring it up, that's how it looks on the receipt

it's just a pain to have to ask for it that way, but I come here to vent about it, I don't ever ***** at the person who's handling my food

I don't ever ***** at the person who's handling my food

wiseowl.jpg

But I never jacked with anyone's food. That's messed up. Don't jack with people's food.

Back