Local Swap-o-Rama #2, Bomber style!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got these a little over a week ago but have not had the camera with me. I look forward to trying the two that aren't available to me in GA, The Alesmith Decadence and Bear Republic Black Racer.

local beer swap 1.jpg

NormPeterson said:
Got these a little over a week ago but have not had the camera with me. I look forward to trying the two that aren't available to me in GA, The Alesmith Decadence and Bear Republic Black Racer.

What are the others?

Blue Point oatmeal stout, Brooklyn black chocolate and schwarzbier. Schwarzbier is one of the only lagers I drink any more. I'm usually able to get these three in the bigger package stores.

I knew that was gonna happen. Our distro is almost the same. I coulda done better.

It's all good brother. I think you were trying to grab a ballast point when you picked that up. And the black chocolate is a solid beer. And no possible way to know all the imported beers distribution, but you did send me my favorite lager :D.

image-2708107607.jpg

Drinking this one now. Favorite so far from the lineup LovesIPA sent me, although they've all been good!

Sweet! Got home to find a large brown box full of east coast goodies! Along with a mysterious message in a bottle. I don't know what I am more excited about the awesome bombers or the message in a bottle. Big thank you to Mr. Shawn Smith.

DuClaw X5 Sorachi Ace ipa
DuClaw 2012 H.E.R.O. Chocolate chipotle stout
Heavy Seas 2012 Plank II
Heavy Seas Below Deck Barleywine style ale 2012 Ages in Cabernet barrels.
Tröegs Brothers The Mad Elf ale
Tröegs Brothers Flying Mouflan ale
Message in a bottle....

image-2180849893.jpg

val214 said:
Sweet! Got home to find a large brown box full of east coast goodies! Along with a mysterious message in a bottle. I don't know what I am more excited about the awesome bombers or the message in a bottle. Big thank you to Mr. Shawn Smith.

DuClaw X5 Sorachi Ace ipa
DuClaw 2012 H.E.R.O. Chocolate chipotle stout
Heavy Seas 2012 Plank II
Heavy Seas Below Deck Barleywine style ale 2012 Ages in Cabernet barrels.
Tröegs Brothers The Mad Elf ale
Tröegs Brothers Flying Mouflan ale
Message in a bottle....

Glad they all made it to you in good shape. Enjoy!

So...I do most of my hbt action on my phone. It's decided to take a dump though. In any case, ill still be monitoring the thread. But, I just won't be on a million time like normal lol. I'll try to still get the next round moving soon, it'll just take me longer. All is looking good for this round though!

Got any snake handler??

Good to hear this round went smooth and everyone got there packages!

Cheers!

They only can it four times a year and the last time was maybe a couple of months ago. I've looked everywhere and haven't had any luck in a while. Hopefully they will can again soon. I've had several trades ask about it.

These actually came the other day but with the holidays and a lot of other stuff going on, I didn't get to post. Thank you Roger!!!!

Great. I'm glad you got them in one piece. Sorry they weren't all bombers. I will say sending Ipa's to the west coast is a tough one. Bill

Well, it's not completely over yet. One left. I am going to wait on that package before beginning the next. Should arrive later this week.

something should be done about the packages that are received after the 12th since this was one of the guidelines to be followed.

All im saying is this round started on the 19th and i had my package out on the 24th. Were almost at a month after we started and one guy still dosent have his package. If i had to wait 3+ weeks for the exchange i would be very turned off to come into the next round.

Something to consider?

Cant wait for the next round! Heres a vote for CANS, seems like everyone in my area is canning now and there SOO easy to ship, cheaper to ship and portable for enjoyment.

Cant wait for the next round! Heres a vote for CANS, seems like everyone in my area is canning now and there SOO easy to ship, cheaper to ship and portable for enjoyment.

I like this idea, but I feel like many people out there wouldn't have much of a variety to choose from. For example, there are only 2 breweries in Ohio that can their beers and they are hard to come by. However, I love canned beer. What if it was a bomber/can mixture?

Johnnyhitch1 said:
something should be done about the packages that are received after the 12th since this was one of the guidelines to be followed.

All im saying is this round started on the 19th and i had my package out on the 24th. Were almost at a month after we started and one guy still dosent have his package. If i had to wait 3+ weeks for the exchange i would be very turned off to come into the next round.

Something to consider?

I believe the last shipment was to an exception and needed to wait until the exceptions package was confirmed before shipment.

I like cans!

Maybe make the next round a smaller round with people who are able to do cans, and try to make it a quick round so those who can't do cans can get in on the next round. I know there are a lot of TX breweries canning, with a ton of variety, I can probably get my hands on 15+ different TX micro cans.

I believe the last shipment was to an exception and needed to wait until the exceptions package was confirmed before shipment.

Bingo! The last package was not shipped till after his recip, an under 100 post guy, had his package in the hands of his recip. Which, was delivered on time. The last few photos are guys that just had not posted pics of their haul.

I will however, come up with something as I do believe three weeks is plenty of time to have a package in someone's hands. The situation could occur and i have been brainstorming how to approach it for a little now.

Bingo! The last package was not shipped till after his recip, an under 100 post guy, had his package in the hands of his recip. Which, was delivered on time. The last few photos are guys that just had not posted pics of their haul.

I will however, come up with something as I do believe three weeks is plenty of time to have a package in someone's hands. The situation could occur and i have been brainstorming how to approach it for a little now.

Believe me .... Two days after I got my guy I had package ready..... its hell staring at all that beer for two weeks without being able to touch it or send it off

Rather than saying just cans I would recommend an oz. limit. That way it I up to the sender what they feel is BEST to send not necessarily what is cheapest. I'm the type who likes to send the best I can that they can't receive. It was a little harder for me this round sending to someone in CA since CA is the mecca of craft beer right now with CO being a close second. I'm just saying for many regions cans only would make it nearly impossible to send a variety to someone who only wants one or two styles. When considereing cans think of just one style that you are confident no other state has access to and you can provide five different breweries with the same style. Now go even further and think if the recipient only wants Belgian style. There are few, if any, breweries that can a Belgian.

NormPeterson said:
Now go even further and think if the recipient only wants Belgian style. There are few, if any, breweries that can a Belgian.

I learned through these swaps that there's a Brewery out near PA called The Brewers Art that only brews Belgians and cans everything. Also Brewery Vivant out if MI only brews Belgians and cans their beers.

But I do agree with you about limiting the opportunity to send the best beer available.

I learned through these swaps that there's a Brewery out near PA called The Brewers Art that only brews Belgians and cans everything. Also Brewery Vivant out if MI only brews Belgians and cans their beers.

But I do agree with you about limiting the opportunity to send the best beer available.

Love me some Brewery Vivant :)

DrPhunk said:

DrPhunk, how did you like those?

Brewers Art also bottles many of their beers (a greater selection than in cans) in 750s corked & caged.

They're a small brew pub in Baltimore and they actually contract Sly Fox in PA to do their packaging.

I have had it and can't remember what it tasted like. It was a day that i had gotten two or three swap packages in, and was drinking heavily. I have two cans left and look forward to trying it sober lol.

coldcrash said:
DrPhunk, how did you like those?

Brewers Art also bottles many of their beers (a greater selection than in cans) in 750s corked & caged.

They're a small brew pub in Baltimore and they actually contract Sly Fox in PA to do their packaging.

I really enjoyed the resurrection. The ozzy was a little cooler for the can since I grew up a sabbath fan, but the beer was decent. The IPA was great!

Back