Local Swap-o-Rama #2, Bomber style!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was 5 and i was running out of work didnt get to reread my post and clicked submit. Now that i look at it, it would be excluding A LOT of members specially in the first and second round, but something like 100% feedback would be good. Not that ive ever seen anything below 100% or a negative score but the sure fact they theve gotten ATLEAST one package to someone and know the rules of sending...

Or im getting to crazy about this, all i know is i wouldnt want to be the one stiffed....

no i completely agree with you. It just sucks when one person screws up badly like this and then ruins it for everyone, not just me but a lot of people that could have potentially participated in something very fun and kinda even educational (in beer learning of course). I would hate to be the one sitting here a month later after spending around $100 to send someone great beer, and have nothing in return. As unfair and rough as this situation is, i feel it wont happen often but there still should be guidelines involved to try and avoid this from happening in the future.

no i completely agree with you. It just sucks when one person screws up badly like this and then ruins it for everyone, not just me but a lot of people that could have potentially participated in something very fun and kinda even educational (in beer learning of course). I would hate to be the one sitting here a month later after spending around $100 to send someone great beer, and have nothing in return. As unfair and rough as this situation is, i feel it wont happen often but there still should be guidelines involved to try and avoid this from happening in the future.

I've got some plans for future swaps to avoid it. It's never going to be completely avoidable, but ill be doing my best to avoid it.

Came home to this..

Hanger 24 dipa
Hurricane deck dipa
Bootleggers rustic rye ipa
Eagle rock populist ipa

And a mystery homebrew!

Thanks!

Glad they all made it safely. The mystery home brew is a pumpkin porter that was brewed back in September and has been aging since. I hope you enjoy it

local-beer-exchange-60432.jpg

I didn't think I'd be home till Friday. I got home to this and I was so excited. A mystery homebrew bomber to boot. Thanks. I can't wait to dig in.

I didn't think I'd be home till Friday. I got home to this and I was so excited. A mystery homebrew bomber to boot. Thanks. I can't wait to dig in.

Glad you got it! The homebrew is a Winter Warmer that was aged on Bourbon soaked oak-chips. It was brewed around August last year so it is about a year aged. I opened a bomber this weekend and it is delicious right now! Up to you if you want to open it soon or wait until the colder months, but I would refrigerate it for 24 hours first.

Glad you got it! The homebrew is a Winter Warmer that was aged on Bourbon soaked oak-chips. It was brewed around August last year so it is about a year aged. I opened a bomber this weekend and it is delicious right now! Up to you if you want to open it soon or wait until the colder months, but I would refrigerate it for 24 hours first.

I stuck it in the fridge 10 minutes ago with the ipa. I've never tried anyone's homebrew before so this is actually pretty exciting. Thanks again.

I stuck it in the fridge 10 minutes ago with the ipa. I've never tried anyone's homebrew before so this is actually pretty exciting. Thanks again.

You're welcome. Hopefully you enjoy it, its not the best we've ever made, but its damn good, and its aging very nicely.

Can we get an update of when shipments are expected to land and how many still need to be shipped out? I am anxiously awaaaaaaiitting.

Can we get an update of when shipments are expected to land and how many still need to be shipped out? I am anxiously awaaaaaaiitting.

Haha, one package to be delivered tomorrow. Another I am unsure. And there would just be one more, waiting for confirmation of receipt before the last guy ships.

Man that sucks!

I understand that trades can get pricey both in product and pricing... But if it puts you put or if you can't handle the potential for something to go wrong you should take that into consideration to begin with.

I mean shoot... I mixed up 2 packages once recently and I felt so bad I mailed a separate package to each for being patient and doing the right thing by helping to forward them to their rightful recipients. It took a few weeks, but I did it anyway just to set things right.

Karma will get you if you don't and also repay you when you pay by the rules

I had a feeling when I heard the doorbell ring good news would be waiting for me, and it sure was. I sure wasn't expecting Heady! I'm excited, I've never had that before. I am thinking cellaring the oatmeal stout, do you know if it ages well, at over 9% ABV I figured it would sit well. Thank you so much Michael, I collect brewery glasses so the extra is very much appreciated!!!

That blue point rocks, they are an awesome brewery.

My idea for next round is on the same page as coldcrash. Pick a style, pick a $ limit, and if you don't like that style, don't join THIS round.(there will be more folks, I was in the first and due to life had to sit out this one, and I am sure more in the future)

Also excited for the next swap too and this one isn't even finished yet haha, I'd be in for certain style only, or can only too have some good cans around here now too

You know what's awesome about this swap? After the excitement of picking and sending your beers is over and the anticipation of receiving mystery beers is gone, you still get to drink a lot of awesome beer.

So cool.

I just got my package yesterday but I live in an apartment complex so it got delivered to the office while I was at work. Office closes at 6pm and I get home at 6:30pm....meaning I have no idea when I'll actually get to pick up the beers and I have no idea who they were from but thanks to whoever sent their package to Chapel Hill NC, I cant wait to open them up!! haha

jglazer said:
I just got my package yesterday but I live in an apartment complex so it got delivered to the office while I was at work. Office closes at 6pm and I get home at 6:30pm....meaning I have no idea when I'll actually get to pick up the beers and I have no idea who they were from but thanks to whoever sent their package to Chapel Hill NC, I cant wait to open them up!! haha

Hope you get a chance to get them today, :)
Good luck !

dont forget to show off these awesome trades on the trade picture thread, I know some of you already have and i thank you for sharing with all of us :D cheers!

Hope you get a chance to get them today, :)
Good luck !

Unless the office drops them off inside my apartment I don't think I can get them until Saturday...and the office is of course not responding to any of my emails. Can't wait though! You from CT? I am originally from NY so I may have had some of the beers if you are from CT.

I don't know how this would work but I live in NC currently but I am from NY originally so should that have been stated at some point in case I got a NY person? Would suck to get all the local beers from somewhere you lived previously...just a thought for future rounds.

Nice assortment of beer from the north east. I'd like to get in on the next swap. There's a lot of nice little breweries popping up in RI lately.

Keep an eye out. It won't be long, maybe some time next week ill post up the next.

Whats the deal with the last ~2?? on this round.
We dont have another no show do we??

Any idea what the next rounds gonna be?!?!?!?!

Haha, were such scavengers...and i love it!!

Cheers everyone!!!

Whats the deal with the last ~2?? on this round.
We dont have another no show do we??

Any idea what the next rounds gonna be?!?!?!?!

Haha, were such scavengers...and i love it!!

Cheers everyone!!!

The last two have been shipped. Just waiting for them to land. Should be early next week. So far, zero no shows.

Back