KAB6 or SQ14

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ericinthewoods

Reaction score
I have recently acquired both of these bayou classics models. Do any of the experienced users have any feedback about which is better regarding boil times (including ambient temps), LP usage, heat output, stability with keggles, longevity, maintenance, etc?

I'm currently building a RIMS system that will only require one boiler (shown here), but will be upgrading over time to... something (ideas?). Are they functionally equivalent, should I keep both for use later?

The KAB6 is a beast and will not only kick the SQ14's little butt all around the brewery, it'll outlast it by double or more. And if you ever decide to automate and/or run on natural gas, the KAB6 will work well while I'm not sure the SQ14 will work at all...

Cheers!

I'll take your word for it. Does anyone want to buy a pristine Bayou Classics SQ-14?

However, I am curious about what makes the KAB better so that I can make informed decisions in the future.

Back