Propane burner for a keggle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hsocain

Reaction score
I currently use a keggle and bayou classic sq14 for 5 gallon batches. I want to begin 10 gallon batches but will need to upgrade the burner. I was considering the kab6 from bayou classic but have read posts that they don't do well with keggle due to the distance from burner to the bottom of the keggle. So curious if anyone has ideas on this. Has anyone else had that issue? Does the kab6 work with keggles? Is there a better burner to use? Thanks for any help.

Cheers,
Steve

When I made my jump to a keggle as a boil kettle I asked Santa for a Blichmann high-legged floor burner. Tons of heat (plenty close to bottom of pot), quiet, sips very little propane, and able to gravity drain directly from the kettle into carboy with the extended legs.

I have looked at them. Have you used it for 10 gallon batches? How does it do wi that load.

I brew 15g batches (21.5g starting volume on my IIPA/90 min. boil) with a blichmann burner. 20g batches would be no problem Im sure. 10g...easy. Get the Blichmann.

Back