Inkbird Wifi Smart Temperature Controller, Up to 50% off ($32.5)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Inkbird! just got mine yesterday, and can't wait to play with it this weekend.

@Inkbird -- I'm confused... if we want to heat AND cool, will we need a second controller??? There doesn't appear to be any way to control two separate devices on this.

Yes, you need another controller, but it shouldn't be the wifi version. We are still researching the ZigBee controller which can connect the wifi one which you get it now. The wifi one can connect Max, 9 pcs ZigBee controllers in the same network.

You can use the ZigBee units to control the heater, chiller, cooking, humidification controller and timer at the same time. But it decides how many the ZigBee you keep.

We will release the post when the ZigBee controller come.

Thanks.

I was the 100th poster for this deal but I have not received the "private message" for payment details that was supposed to go out on May 7th. Did any of the 51st-100th posters get an offer? Just curious.

I was the 100th poster for this deal but I have not received the "private message" for payment details that was supposed to go out on May 7th. Did any of the 51st-100th posters get an offer? Just curious.

Ditto, I was #58. No PM with details on round #2 yet...

Sorry for the delay. Have sent to you. Confirm it.

Yes, you need another controller, but it shouldn't be the wifi version. We are still researching the ZigBee controller which can connect the wifi one which you get it now. The wifi one can connect Max, 9 pcs ZigBee controllers in the same network.

You can use the ZigBee units to control the heater, chiller, cooking, humidification controller and timer at the same time. But it decides how many the ZigBee you keep.

We will release the post when the ZigBee controller come.

Thanks.

Will ANY Zigbee unit work or should I wait for the Ink-bird Zigbee unit?

We should probably start a new thread for Reviews and how this thing works. Anyway, I thought from the description on the front page, that you would be able to monitor and control from wherever you are. I am not getting that, now that I am away from my home WIFI, it is not picking up the device.

For me to see it from work I had to turn off wifi so I was not connected through the company firewall, but only through cellular.

We should probably start a new thread for Reviews and how this thing works. Anyway, I thought from the description on the front page, that you would be able to monitor and control from wherever you are. I am not getting that, now that I am away from my home WIFI, it is not picking up the device.

I'll be happy to start a new thread. Where do you suggest? Equipment or Automated Brewing or what?

Has anyone paid for the controller but did not get a shipping confirmation? I was one of the 1st 50 but sent payment last Thursday due to being out of town. I have sent PM's and also emails with no reply.
I understand there is a time gap but 48+ hrs for a reply is unacceptable.

If there is anyone that didn't make the first 50 ad you still want one PM me. I can not use this product as intended with my setup so it is not of use to me.

Has anyone paid for the controller but did not get a shipping confirmation? I was one of the 1st 50 but sent payment last Thursday due to being out of town. I have sent PM's and also emails with no reply.

Sorry but didnt you just admit to replying to their pm asking for payment more than 48 hours later? Is that also unacceptable?

Sorry but didnt you just admit to replying to their pm asking for payment more than 48 hours later? Is that also unacceptable?

My payment was sent on 5/5 and have received no reply from them after numerous attempts of contacting them.
They never asked me for payment. I sent them an email on 5/2 or so explaining I have been out of town and would send payment as soon as I returned home and they did respond to that stating it was fine and my controller would be mailed 24-48 hrs after payment is received.
So by my calculations, my controller should have shipped by Monday but never received a notification.
I finally did receive a PM from Inkbird this am and they are researching to find out why I never received a confirmation.
48 hrs for anyone to reply to a message is unacceptable.

OK, so I've been trying to get this thing paired to my i-phone since I got it. I've placed the controller and my phone so they were touching the wireless router and each other and still no recognition. I've confirmed my wifi password many times to make sure it is correct. I've turned the auto sleep function off my phone while attempting. While trying to pair, I've tried activating the routers push to connect button. I don't know what else to try.

Is there a character limit on the wifi password? Do I need to change the name of my network to be all lower case? Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

OK, so I've been trying to get this thing paired to my i-phone since I got it. I've placed the controller and my phone so they were touching the wireless router and each other and still no recognition. I've confirmed my wifi password many times to make sure it is correct. I've turned the auto sleep function off my phone while attempting. While trying to pair, I've tried activating the routers push to connect button. I don't know what else to try.

Is there a character limit on the wifi password? Do I need to change the name of my network to be all lower case? Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Your controller and cellphone are near the router? How far are them?

I never contacted them about my order, figuring it was probably going to take 2-3 weeks.

I ordered mine on 05/10. This morning I received an email with a USPS tracking # and an apology for not sending the email sooner. The tracking info shows that they sent mine out on 5/13 from China.

I never contacted them about my order, figuring it was probably going to take 2-3 weeks.

I ordered mine on 05/10. This morning I received an email with a USPS tracking # and an apology for not sending the email sooner. The tracking info shows that they sent mine out on 5/13 from China.

They did finally send me the tracking info saying when I sent the payment the email went into her spam folder.
5/13 post office shows accepting, then 5/14 shows processed but no other info.

Inkbird release new version temperature controller - Wifi smart temperature controller. Who replies this post will get the discount price. The unit sales price is $65.

Rules:

1, Only for the brewers in US or Canada.
2, One who is within the 1st to 50th post can win 50% discount. One who is within 51th to 100th will get 30% discount. And others who reply this post before May, 1st can get 15% discount.
3, Payment accepted: Paypal
4, The first round shipment will be released 50 pcs on April, 20th. The second round shipment will be arranged it on May, 10th.

We will send the private massages to the 1th to 50th winners on April 18th. When we get your payment and shipping information, we will arrange the shipment on April, 20th and then give you the tracking# which can be trakced on www.usps.com. And the winners who is from 51th will get the massage from us on May, 7th. And the shipment will be arranged on May, 10th.

Introduction of wifi smart temperature controller.

Inkbird today introduce the wifi smart temperature controller, which is enabled the people to be more productive and more creative. You can control, monitor and schedule your electrical appliance temperature and humidity devices with your smart phone anywhere over (Only for the IOS system now). Plug and play design can free up your energy and time from DIY thermostat processes. The larger wattage device can be powered by this controller. It can connect the devices which is Max, 15A. OK now? NO. Some pictures with short text will be displayed how powerful it is.

C919_1-1_zpskv2wmuex.jpg

C919_2-2_zps7nbmyw5c.jpg

C919_3-3_zpsbgrsyimn.jpg

C919_4-4_zpspk5p6yjw.jpg

-1_zpsj9crfv3n.jpg

The whole short text information is here.

2_zpsdfzsmfc9.jpg

When will it be available for European market?

My controller was shipped on the 12th, got the email with tracking number yesterday, arrived today (California). Paired with my iPhone within 2 min. Will give it a try this weekend. So far so good. Hey inkbird, when will the zigbees be available and how much will they cost?

Glad to hear others are having no problems pairing. I had a power outage this week and lost the pairing. Now I can't get them to pair back up.

Your controller and cellphone are near the router? How far are them?

I actually had my phone directly in front of the router and the temp controller to the side. All three devices were touching each other. Don't think I can get them to be much closer.

I found my solution and I will be able to handle this next time it happens. Turns out (and I feel a little dumb) I have a wifi extender in my house. When I walk through the door, my phone immediately picks up the extender because it is closer. I made the mistake of assuming my phone was on the main wifi when I went down in the basement where both the device is and my main router are housed. Although the phone was sitting right next to the device, it was still on the other wifi signal. Both the device and phone have to be on same wifi for the pairing to be made, once it is made, that no longer matters.

I hope this helps someone else.

A complete piece of junk, totally unable to link with wifi, unable to control manually. Unlike there other products this one sucks and it totally useless and complete waste of money.

I found mine to be useless and I am kind of disappointed it wasn't described or advertised as it actually is. I have sold mine to another member who wanted it.

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I had no issues connecting to my network and it's preformed very well so far.

Is there a troubleshooting thread? I've looked around and didn't see one.

A complete piece of junk, totally unable to link with wifi, unable to control manually. Unlike there other products this one sucks and it totally useless and complete waste of money.

Did you check to verify that your phone was actually on the same wifi the device was reading? That turned out to be my problem. I have two different wifi signals in my house.

Did you check to verify that your phone was actually on the same wifi the device was reading? That turned out to be my problem. I have two different wifi signals in my house.
I only have the one router, there are some homes around me but their signals are very weak. I will access the admin section and see if it shows there as connecting. Obviously since my network is password protected I'm not sure how it's supposed to link anyway.

Latest posts

Back