I'm Thinking... 09/09/09 Barleywine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll swap with you when the time comes... ;)

I'm going to call out Ridemywideglide. His PM box is full and he's not been active on the site for close to a month. Anyone else missing a package from him? I've been in three member to member swaps, the Kolsch '09, Secret Santa 08 and this swap might be my first stiffed package.

I have received a package from conpewter.

Matt, there's a package on it's way...courtesy of amiaji.

Random act of kindness.

I think we'll eventually be able to fill any voids with similar acts.

Thanks Amiaji. :rockin:

Thanks Amiagi! That's great!

I'd step up and send out another package but all I have is 999. I've not brewed since little miss Kaylee was born but I'm hoping to get back on that horse this next few weeks.

Held my tongue long enough on the thread...passed on concerns to BM in PM....
HarvInStl has not held up his end of the swap. I hear he's a busy busy man, traveling, etc etc. but if that's the case I don't think he should have been in on the swap. He's got to have other folks he didn't send to, unless he has and I'm the only one that hasn't received anything. 09/09/09 is in a little over three weeks.

Held my tongue long enough on the thread...passed on concerns to BM in PM....
HarvInStl has not held up his end of the swap. I hear he's a busy busy man, traveling, etc etc. but if that's the case I don't think he should have been in on the swap. He's got to have other folks he didn't send to, unless he has and I'm the only one that hasn't received anything. 09/09/09 is in a little over three weeks.

He hasn't sent to me either, and I'm just across town. :p

deathweed if you are ever in the Austin area let me know and I'll cobble together some of my 999 for ya. I just don't wanna ship it in this heat. ;)

'course if you are around you can always help yourself to my taps while you are at it. :D

He hasn't sent to me either, and I'm just across town. :p
I'm still waiting also. Two out of three sent their's to me. On another note check out the progress of my rebuild of my garage and Brewery. Pictures are in my gallery, BTW BM how do I upload a picture direct to a reply or thread page?

If you scroll down on that page in your gallery and copy the "BB Code" line and paste it in a thread / reply you should get that pic.

garage_022.jpg

And the "Linked thumbnail" produces:

Hey BM.. My membership expired so I can't send any PM's due to too many messages, and I can't delete them yet either so here it is...

"Beer will ship tomorrow. I apologize for the delay and getting everyone worried, but it's all boxed and in the fridge, gonna go priority mail so it should be there pretty quick. From the samples, I think it's pretty good, although I'm not a BW fan.

Brad"

Please let HarvInStl, Deathweed, and MMB know that I've not boned out and left them hanging. :tank:

I do have 1 I've not recieved from yet tho...
I"ll PM you after I clean my messages out and you can decide to drag them out in public or not..

FYI guys, from the 999 swap review thread.

Matt, there's a package on it's way...courtesy of amiaji.

Random act of kindness.

I think we'll eventually be able to fill any voids with similar acts.

Thanks Amiaji. :rockin:

Hey BM.. My membership expired so I can't send any PM's due to too many messages, and I can't delete them yet either so here it is...

"Beer will ship tomorrow. I apologize for the delay and getting everyone worried, but it's all boxed and in the fridge, gonna go priority mail so it should be there pretty quick. From the samples, I think it's pretty good, although I'm not a BW fan.

Brad"

Please let HarvInStl, Deathweed, and MMB know that I've not boned out and left them hanging. :tank:

I do have 1 I've not recieved from yet tho...
I"ll PM you after I clean my messages out and you can decide to drag them out in public or not..

:eek:

TerapinChef is coming North to deliver his 999 package by hand :ban: and we'll split Amiaji package between the two of us.

yeah, I am missing Ridemywideglide and korndog as well.

BM's beers were awesome though so I won't complain too much since I got beer from the man himself :D

I assume from postal tracking that you will get yours tomorrow, mention that too please.

I'll swap with you when the time comes... ;)

I'm going to call out Ridemywideglide. His PM box is full and he's not been active on the site for close to a month. Anyone else missing a package from him? I've been in three member to member swaps, the Kolsch '09, Secret Santa 08 and this swap might be my first stiffed package.

I have received a package from conpewter.

Same thing, call me out to delivery as well. :mug:

Sorry for being so late, but this lesson in obamanomics did make it a bit rough to come up with the extra money to blow on shipping.

Also, here's what I got on the delivery for HarvInStl, since he seems to be MIA...
>>>
Label/Receipt Number: 0103 8555 7497 **** ****
Class: Priority Mail®
Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™

Your item was undeliverable as addressed at 10:04 AM on August 26, 2009 in SAINT LOUIS, MO 63126. It is being returned if appropriate information is available.
>>>

As for my missing package, I don't even know who it is. Never received any correspondance.

Thanks Ridemywideglide. I completely understand the shipping issue. I sent 999 and kolsch packages out at the same time and it came to around $70 all told.

Thanks Ridemywideglide. I completely understand the shipping issue. I sent 999 and kolsch packages out at the same time and it came to around $70 all told.

I'm just glad you got them... Please tell me they arrived intact...??
The thought of a years worth of waiting dripping out the botton of the box makes me sick.. :cross:

Hopefully they will be carb'd.. It sat under 30psi for 6 days to get anything resembling consistent bubbles in the glass. I hope that made it into the bottle.

They arrived safe and sound. You took a risk sending them US Postal Service...

What is in the bottles? 4x12 of 999?

Amiaji - TerripinChef has a bottle of your 999 and 888 RIS to give you a review as well.

TC - It was cool meeting you and the missus and thanks for the brew.

They arrived safe and sound. You took a risk sending them US Postal Service...

What is in the bottles? 4x12 of 999?

Amiaji - TerripinChef has a bottle of your 999 and 888 RIS to give you a review as well.

TC - It was cool meeting you and the missus and thanks for the brew.

I think the risk is over-rated myself.

Yes, it's 4x12 of the 999... I don't know about anyone else, but I don't usually drink BW, so watch it if your not used to it. If your going to drink more than 1 or 2 in a sitting, cancel your plans for the next day.
I came home and had 3 or 4 coors lights, then I'd have a couple "samples" of the BW (to check readiness, that's all :D ) and it would be lights out.
I wouldn't have memory of half the night... :tank:

I don't think I remember the last time I drank enough beer to get that bad off... This is powerfull stuff.

Just got back in from being away for a couple weeks to find Ridemywideglide's package in my mailbox! It got here safe and sound and I look forward to trying them out!

1)Ridemywideglide

2)jmulligan

3)Glibbidy

You packages shipped yesterday. No later then Thursday you should receive them. Ridemywideglide I sent your 3 day. You should have it by Friday the lastest. I PM'd you all your tracking numbers.

-Sumo

No worries. Ridemywideglide should have his today. The other two were delivered Yesterday and the day before. I hope they enjoyed the Imperial Oatmeal I included. That is going to be my ribbon winner =)

I assume from postal tracking that you will get yours tomorrow, mention that too please.

Same thing, call me out to delivery as well. :mug:

Sorry for being so late, but this lesson in obamanomics did make it a bit rough to come up with the extra money to blow on shipping.

Also, here's what I got on the delivery for HarvInStl, since he seems to be MIA...
>>>
Label/Receipt Number: 0103 8555 7497 **** ****
Class: Priority Mail®
Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™

Your item was undeliverable as addressed at 10:04 AM on August 26, 2009 in SAINT LOUIS, MO 63126. It is being returned if appropriate information is available.
>>>

As for my missing package, I don't even know who it is. Never received any correspondance.
Sounds like HarvinSTL 09-09-09 beers will not be making it our way Biermuncher.

If everyone doesn't mind, I'd like that we toast my new garage and brewery with the tasting of our 09-09-09 next Wednesday.

Finished the shell of the new Phoenix garage and brewery yesterday 09-08-09, it will be great to get brewing again! I might actually be able to brew the 10-10-10 for next year.

Happy 9/9/9 day! I wish I could crack mine at 9:09 this morning, but something tells me I would get in some trouble drinking barleywine in my cubicle... I would probably be very honest with people though. :D

Happy 999!

Too bad I can't do my tasting today:(
I have to drive to Seatac airport to pick up the wife and daughter at 9pm tonight. Oh well, I will be carrying on tomorrow night (and no work Friday!!)
:ban::mug:

My 999 BW got 40 points in a BJCP event. I won the catagory with it. So to those whom I sent beer to enjoy !! The Imperial Oatmeal received 36 points and took 3rd place. The apricot I don't know what the final score was.

-Sumo

To my senders. I haven't forgotten you. It's just with 70 hour work weeks right now, I haven't had time to brew, keg, clean or anything else...let alone set aside a good buzz-time to taste some barleywines.

The beers are chilled and I just need to dedicate some time when I have it.

I will do your beers justice with a thorough review...just be patient. :eek:

I haven't been home in a few days and as such missed the weekend I was going to sample the barleywines. I'd much rather spend that time drinking beer than making sure Mom eats and sleeps while Dad's in the neuro ward.

I'll crack them all open when Dad gets released from the hospital as a celebration.

OK, don't laugh. My 9-9-9 Barleywine I brewed in fall 2008 and bottle carbed turned out flat. So last year I re-opened the bottles and tried dropping in grains of dry yeast and re-capping. No success. The bottles have been sitting in the corner for a year, and only occasionally would I open one to use in a food recipe that called for a flat beer. Then, last week, I decided to get a starter of WLP099 going for the 10-10-10 BGSA bottling (concerned that wouldn't bottle carb either), and said, what the hay, I'll put some in the BW and re-cap, again. I used a liquid medicine syringe (you can get them free from a pharmacy), and put 1.25 mL of shaken starter wort into each bottle (it was just past krausen). One week later, I'm grabbing a bottle for a mop sauce baste, and what do you know - it's carbonated! A couple more weeks and I think it will be fully carbed. So, about 18 months after I brewed it, I will be able to enjoy the 9-9-9 barleywine. Looking forward to it...

OK, don't laugh. My 9-9-9 Barleywine I brewed in fall 2008 and bottle carbed turned out flat. So last year I re-opened the bottles and tried dropping in grains of dry yeast and re-capping. No success. The bottles have been sitting in the corner for a year, and only occasionally would I open one to use in a food recipe that called for a flat beer. Then, last week, I decided to get a starter of WLP099 going for the 10-10-10 BGSA bottling (concerned that wouldn't bottle carb either), and said, what the hay, I'll put some in the BW and re-cap, again. I used a liquid medicine syringe (you can get them free from a pharmacy), and put 1.25 mL of shaken starter wort into each bottle (it was just past krausen). One week later, I'm grabbing a bottle for a mop sauce baste, and what do you know - it's carbonated! A couple more weeks and I think it will be fully carbed. So, about 18 months after I brewed it, I will be able to enjoy the 9-9-9 barleywine. Looking forward to it...

Good to hear, especially since my 10-10-10 BGSA is showing little signs of carbing.

Latest posts

Back