HOMEBREW Swap-O-Rama

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha, fair enough. I hope my package arrived in good condition.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Home Brew mobile app

Hey Omaha there's a package on the doorstep

Got here today, no breaks or leaks. You definitely get the award for best packing. I think the ups man could have just kicked it out of the truck and let it bounce its way up the drive.

I am excited to try everything out. Thanks for the extras you threw in, I have not had them before.

And a couple pics-

DSC04579_zps73ef826d.jpg

DSC04580_zpsf4aca45a.jpg

Unlabled bottles with matching gold bottle caps are my ipa, and the cold activated single is my blonde. Cheers!

Sent from my SM-T217S using Home Brew mobile app

Huntington NY, your package is finally on the way :)

Sorry for delays. Winter in MI has been crazy.

Never shipped before hope I didn't under/over do it. Haha I ran outta packing material and used some old shirts I was gonna toss.

Each bottle is wrapped in a plastic bag tied on top and then wrapped about twice around with small bubble wrap.

Under first layer is bubble wrap, wrapped up cardboard and tons of meijer plastic bag wads.

In between two layers of bottles is cardboard and bubble wrap.

On top of second layer of bottles is more ripped up card board, bubble wrap and old t-shirts to fill space.

I feel like I had to use a ton of packaging but did I just get a box too big or is this just how much packaging is need to feel secure it will make it?

Got recommended box by FedEx guy for "glass containers of homemade goods" haha. When I got home I realized it was a little big my bottles I think. I believe it was a 18x13x12inches box for 11 12oz bottles. Is that too big?

WP_20140219_003[1].jpg

WP_20140219_002[1].jpg

And Huntington NY, pm me or message here and I'll pm you the tracking number and more info. And when it arrives do not refrigerate the two label Green Tea because they were just bottled yesterday.

... that's going to make me leave work just to go see...

Omw home now. I'll work till about 10:30 tonight, but I can take a break almost anytime I need

Care package arraived safley, thanks!

1231-62225.jpg

Mixed Berry Mead, Strawberry Sour, Chocolate Stout, Berliner Weiss, and some Cider. Kick ass. I'll go ahead and pm you as I indulge later on.

To whoever is receiving mine, this is the first time I could still hear the liquid sloshing around. So I added a red solo cup with some random bottle caps inside to try to hide the noise of the liquid. Scheduled delivery is Monday.

The two packages I have out for delivery are supposed to be delivered today. One says it is on truck for delivery (not beer related), but the other says it is at the FedEx hub. Hoping the 3 hour time difference is the reason it isn't on a truck already!

Very sorry about the delay, I have not even had the chance to sign on in the last 3 weeks due to huge work flow problems.

Package will be buttoned up and shipped Monday.

Very sorry about the delay, I have not even had the chance to sign on in the last 3 weeks due to huge work flow problems.

Package will be buttoned up and shipped Monday.

I think we all have been hesitant to ship for weather related reasons as well. The swap is moving along nicely. I can't imagine anyone is upset at this point. The shipping date was "More like a set of guidelines then rules" to quote Jeremy Irons... :p

The two packages I have out for delivery are supposed to be delivered today. One says it is on truck for delivery (not beer related), but the other says it is at the FedEx hub. Hoping the 3 hour time difference is the reason it isn't on a truck already!

Just updated to out for delivery! Someone in Cali has a package out for delivery :)

Not sure who this is but thank you joe!!

Infected IPA....what?! Lol ive had "good" infections before but never on an ipa, kinda scared to try it to be honest but it will be opened! Gonna let them all settle out for a good week. Do you use untappd? Would love to write you some reviews.

Infected IPA
2 Green Tea?
Rye IPA
Mosaic...ipa?
AW?
Pumpkin
Black Rye IPA
Amber
Pepp?
Shorts Good Humans

Confused about some of these guys but would love to hear about them!

Cheers and thx psy for setting this up. We still have to exchange some homebrew. On a side note, did u ever try crom from rocky point?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Edit - Would have helped to look at previous posts...THX Zoidberg!!

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1393022885.037943.jpg

Side note. hitch and I are the last to be shipping. Spread looks full. Great job so far everyone!! Mine will go out this weekend and saw Hitch post a Monday ship day.

Please everyone make sure to leave iTrader feedback.!!

Cool, i still haven't seen anything (good thing on this weather). I'm guessing I should expect something one of you 2.

Hey John you're welcome and I'd love to hear what you think of each. I have a full write up of info on each that I'll pm you when I'm at my computer. No I'm not on untapped though.

For now, do not refrigerate green tea ale if you didn't see other post, its still carbing, bottled on Monday. Its a strong Blonde ale blended with strong loose leaf green tea.

The "Infected IPA" was an accident unfortunately but it came out quite drinkable, no hop flavor or bitterness to be found but a drinkable 9.6% sour it is.

Pep P is a Cocoa Cayenne Pepper Porter

The Mosaic is a single hop IPA

AW is Amarillo Wheat.

Oh and the Rye is a pale ale not as much an IPA although my pales are a bit on the hpppy bitter side haha.

Fair warning the AW's and Amber may be over carbed but the ones I sent you hopefully are ok they've been refrigerated and I burped the caps slightly to let out excess co2.

For the long islanders here, lake ronkonkoma beverage (thrifty) just got some heady in. They had about a case left when I was there but are limiting it. $10 a can though:(

Getting ready for a nice brewing weekend, enjoying my first Berliner Weisse. I must say this is a tasty brew! Thanks again. Cheers.

Thanks Ben

Bl - Blonde? or possible Bud Light clone?

Br - Brown?

S - Saison? or Sour?

A - Altbier? Amarillo something (pale, wheat, IPA)?

Bt - Belgian Trappist? Brett?

V - Vienna Lager or Vienna Amber Ale? Victory malt based beer?

Those are my guesses I suppose. Very excited to try something, they arrived very cold and are "warming up in the fridge".

Oh and thinks for the bottles caps, truth be told I have a huge grovery store bag of them and am going to cover a table with them in the near future and I like quite a few of them include in the solo cup which I remember reading in earlier post was to cover sound of water moving.

WP_20140224_003[1].jpg

Good guesses. They are as follows

BL - Blueberry Wit
BR - Oatmeal Cookie Brown Ale
S - Wheat Saison
A - Apfelwein
BT - Belgian Tripel
V - Vanilla Spiced Pumpkin Cream Ale

Glad they all arrived safely! Let me know what you think of them.

Wow sounds nice, I'm especially excited for the Vanilla Spice Pumpkin, The Apfelwein, and Saison. I've brewed with pumpkin before and have been thinking of Apfelwein and a Saison for soon batches so excited to see if Apfelwein is something I'll like because I have mixed feelings on Ciders, sometimes I love sometimes I can't imagine liking, how old is this one? As I heard its best to age.

The apfelwein was made in November and bottled in January. It's very dry, so hopefully you like that.

I think the vanilla pumpkin is finally coming around, the pumpkin isn't that noticeable in my opinion. At first the vanilla was almost over the top, but it's actually mellowed out quite nicely now.

The Belgian Tripel is going to be a year old in march. At first I hated it, I actually almost dumped it. It's 9.5%, and it was really hot at first. Now at almost a year old, it's coming around nicely. It's a little light on the carbonation level for a Tripel, but overall I'm starting to enjoy that one now.

The saison is one of my personal favorites of all my homebrews. I'm planning on brewing that up again in the next month or so.

Few pics and notes from the brews I recieved. My tasting "notes" are terrible. More like tasting thoughts, and mostly pictures.

The Grom is probably my favorite out of all of the brews sent. Not sure what it is about this brew, but I really enjoy it. Normally I lean towards wheats and pilsners, but this brew is quite tasty.
20140221_233203_zpsnv97aq4j.jpg

20140224_203948_zpsbmnvwato.jpg

20140224_195414_zps6z7u7tou.jpg

Have to admit, this was my first imperial stout. Is this a pretty good off the shelf representation of the style?
20140223_000233_zpslpcjh4nt.jpg

20140222_231849_zpsgm9yllxf.jpg

20140220_232756_zps3vgkowas.jpg

I have had Narwhal and Yeti as my only two to reference, and those are pretty similar. I love the stuff and had to share! The Pirate's Grog is actually a Scottish strong ale. You can find the recipe listed as Pirate Strong Ale here on hbt. It's a real favorite around here, and as the OP of the recipe is, I am also asked to keep it around. I'm glad you enjoyed it, I knew more that one bottle of this stuff would be necessary! Haha thanks for the update.

Jupapabear

How long is long enough to let them settle after shipment? The Homebrew I received has sat in my fridge for 48hours at this point, thinking of cracking one tonight.

2 or 3 days is fine unless they need to carb still. Crack em open. I've already had 2 of the ones sent to me. Ivegot2legs is an EXCELLENT brewer. Ive got to step up my game!

Back