HOMEBREW Swap-O-Rama

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea I plan on including a note sheet with when each brew was made and bottled at the least. Probably extra info too.

I thinking sending stuff out that needs to age is fine. Just make sure they know! :). Might be neat to get a mead that needs a few months. Helps to force spreading out the consumption of the spoils!

My partners getting a 2year old mead. All ready to drink!

Yea I plan on including a note sheet with when each brew was made and bottled at the least. Probably extra info too.

I write on a post it note and then tape it to the bottle.
Receiver can just rip it off and reuse the bottle.

I'm thinking one or two of the four meads that I've got on hand, a cider, and a variety of beers ranging from Berliner weiss to imperial pumpkin

It's still below 20F during the day here, Michigan, and 8 or less at night. I'm getting concerned about sending and receiving frozen beer. Never sent beer in mail before, what do you guys think I should do? Next Thursday it will warm during day but not at night. Next Monday though should be upper 20s even at night.

It's still below 20F during the day here, Michigan, and 8 or less at night. I'm getting concerned about sending and receiving frozen beer. Never sent beer in mail before, what do you guys think I should do? Next Thursday it will warm during day but not at night. Next Monday though should be upper 20s even at night.

If it was mine I would want you to wait

Is this full?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Home Brew mobile app

Sure is

Ok well I am waiting for a better weather predictions of the 30s which could be this Thurs or next Monday, sorry to my recipient.

Someone has a box outside their door. They should also talk to me so I can give them more info on the things they've received before drinking them.

That would be me and it looks like I am a winner! Had to use a fork truck to get it in the house! Awesome labels and selection, makes me realize I need to brew more.
Included are:
RIS
2x game over stout
Mint chocolate stout
RIS w/ coffee
Kentucky Breakfast
Canadian Breakfast
Barley wine
Bourbon Barrel Cider
Sour Cherry Kriek
French Saison
Dark Lager
Oktoberfest
Belgian strong ale with cherries
Hefe
Berliner Weisse

Incredible package, going to try to post pics from my phone but if I cannot I will after the kids go to sleep.
Thank you so much ivegot2legs I will send you a pm later regarding the beers!

1392142146670.jpg

1392142188102.jpg

One other thing I forgot to mention is that i am so excited creating my box to be sent out, I totally forgot that I had one coming in. This was such a great surprise. When the FedEx man rang the bell I was wondering what the heck my wife had ordered! Once I realized, i threw on a movie to babysit the kids and tore into the box like a kid on Christmas! Great addition to my week! Thanks again!

I like the labels, those look really nice. Whoever gets my box will not have the luxury of fancy labels. I label the wine bottles with a dab of my wifes nail polish on top of the corks and the beer bottles get sharpie marks on the caps. Removing any type of label is my least favorite activity in the world and I do not wish it upon anyone.

Thanks. Those labels only go on beers traveling outside my house. And they come right off with no glue residue.

I used to do the caps too, but I actually have custom printed caps for most of the stuff too, you just can't see it in the photo.

Thanks. Those labels only go on beers traveling outside my house. And they come right off with no glue residue.

I used to do the caps too, but I actually have custom printed caps for most of the stuff too, you just can't see it in the photo.

The caps are impressive. I'll try to get a pic of a few tonight to show you. As I was taking them out of the box, all I could see were the caps and I was trying to figure out what commercial brewery they were from!

That would be me and it looks like I am a winner! Had to use a fork truck to get it in the house! Awesome labels and selection, makes me realize I need to brew more.
Included are:
RIS
2x game over stout
Mint chocolate stout
RIS w/ coffee
Kentucky Breakfast
Canadian Breakfast
Barley wine
Bourbon Barrel Cider
Sour Cherry Kriek
French Saison
Dark Lager
Oktoberfest
Hefe
Berliner Weisse

Incredible package, going to try to post pics from my phone but if I cannot I will after the kids go to sleep.

o_O Whoa!

Included are:
RIS
2x game over stout
Mint chocolate stout
RIS w/ coffee
Kentucky Breakfast
Canadian Breakfast
Barley wine
Bourbon Barrel Cider
Sour Cherry Kriek
French Saison
Dark Lager
Oktoberfest
Hefe
Berliner Weisse

I am seriously not brewing enough or I am drinking too much. Can't decide which.

Hi all:

Sorry I havn't been on in a few days. I've been down and out with a bad cold. I received my box from Evetsz. I'll post up some pics tonite when I get home. Sorry If I had you worried Evetsz. I know I am always concerned my box lands safely. Looks like the swaps are going well! Great job all!

What's up guys was wondering if anyone sent a package out to Los Angeles. Just curious hope everyone is enjoying their home brews.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Home Brew mobile app

Not I. I just finished packaging mine, and will drop it off in the morning. Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Home Brew mobile app

Got my package all ready for its voyage from sea to shining sea. Should be able to ship it out either today or tomorrow.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392490899.629575.jpg

Couple bombers received from Evetsz. Thanks dude. As soon as my cold clears I'll crack into these and let ya know how they are. :)

Someone should have a package from Nebraska. Couple wine bottle, along with a liter flip top and two other beers. Nothing is labeled very well, let me know when you get it and I'll give you the info on everything

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Home Brew mobile app

Mine is ready to go out to New York on Monday morning now that the temp should be steady above 30 even at night here.

Well it looks like I'm going to ship out tomorrow morning, its still 10F here but forecast for tomorrow is 35. I'm also bottling my green tea ale tomorrow morning. Anybody see an issue with sending freshly bottled beets? I plan on them being in addition to the 48oz.

Just mark them so they aren't put directly in the fridge and therefore wouldn't be carbed and you should be fine.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Home Brew mobile app

K I didn't think there's be issue with shipping just wanted to check. With this weather it looks like this swap was a little early for MI...

Looks like my swap to the west coast will land on Friday. Originally it said Wednesday but it didn't get picked up from FedEx drop until today !(

Just checked my tracking number from my shipment, someone should have a package. Hope everything arrived safely and leak free. The bottles are poorly marked, pm me or post them and ill let you know what they are.

Just checked my tracking number from my shipment, someone should have a package. Hope everything arrived safely and leak free. The bottles are poorly marked, pm me or post them and ill let you know what they are.

That was probably me. Everything made it in tact with no leaks. This was definitely more than I was expecting, thank you very much for your generosity! I can't wait to start enjoying them.

Now I just need to know what they all are so I know what I'm drinking.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392686637.089749.jpg

From Left to Right

Belgian Golden Strong-Bottled 3/25/13 and about 9.1% abv
American Wheat
Porter (bottled from a keg)
Abbey Weizen-one of the beers I made for the 12 Beers of Christmas beer exchanged, Basically a Kolsch with a belgian abbey yeast
Coastal White Wine
Pomegranite Zinfandel

There is sloppy sharpie marks on the tops. I think I have the middle two correct, is there a P an AW on the tops?

From Left to Right

Belgian Golden Strong-Bottled 3/25/13 and about 9.1% abv
American Wheat
Porter (bottled from a keg)
Abbey Weizen-one of the beers I made for the 12 Beers of Christmas beer exchanged, Basically a Kolsch with a belgian abbey yeast
Coastal White Wine
Pomegranite Zinfandel

There is sloppy sharpie marks on the tops. I think I have the middle two correct, is there a P an AW on the tops?

Yeah one is labeled wheat, p, and aw.

Cant wait to drink them all! Thanks again. I will let you know when I start drinking them.

Back